Sequencing photos in Photo app / Photo viewer should match TC sort order

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

kvon

Sequencing photos in Photo app / Photo viewer should match TC sort order

Post by *kvon »

Hello,

Subject line is self explanatory, but when I open the photo viewer app (either one) and sequence through the photos in the folder I would REALLY like them to be in the same order as how I have them sorted in TC. It seems to default to sorted by name, regardless of how they're sorted in TC.

This kind of blurs the line between 'bug' and 'feature request' but since it works right when launched from Windows Explorer, I"m leaning towards 'bug'.

Thank you,
Hacker

Re: Sequencing photos in Photo app / Photo viewer should match TC sort order

Post by *Hacker »

kvon,
I don't think TC can influence the behavior of 3rd party apps. Perhaps you could ask the photo viewer authors?

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Try to select the photos and use the keys n and p for next and previous
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3527)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1372a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.3, Listary Pro 6.3.0.73
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Horst.Epp,
I think that only works for Lister.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2kvon
If I mark (select) some image files in TC - then right click on one of them and choose "Open" (shown in bold *), the files are displayed in Windows 10 Metro App "Photos" in the same order as they appear in TC's file panel.

In Windows 10 it is: "Open" if "Photos" Metro app is default image viewer - otherwise it is "Preview" if "Windows Photo Viewer" is default image viewer. if "Windows Photo Viewer" is default viewer, then TC will open separate viewer windows for each selected file!
In Windows 8.1 it is: "Preview" if "Windows Photo Viewer" is default image viewer and all selected images is shown in the same viewer window.
In Windows 7 it is: "Preview"if "Windows Photo Viewer" is default image viewer and all selected images is shown in the same viewer window.

You have to mark the files to get then in the order they have in TC. If you just doubleclick on a file, then "Windows Photo Viewer" (if default) will just show the files in name order, and the "Photos" App will not offer to cycle through the files (as it will if you doubleclick on a file in Explorer)
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
kvon

Post by *kvon »

petermad - that works, thanks! One minor glitch - in Win 10 it opens the new Photos app, but if you just double-click on a single jpg file it opens in the old Windows Photo Viewer - my preference. Anyone know a way to switch the app?
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2kvon
You can set up the old Windows Photo Viewer as default app in Windows Apps Settings - but as I wrote, for some reason, if you do that, then the selected files will be opened in separate instances of Windows Photo Viewer, when you click "Preview" in the right-click menu. I don't know why, that does not happen in Windows 7 and 8.1
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar