Small bug during compression with 7zip

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

tcOne

Small bug during compression with 7zip

Post by *tcOne »

Hello,

I've noticed that when I compress files/directories with 7z, through Total7zip plugin, and enable the three options 'Move to archive', 'Create separate archives', 'Leave out base directory', then the base directory is only emptied but not removed. I tried the procedure with the build-in ZIP support and the base dir is removed as it should.
I didn't install a previous version of TC to check, but I am quite confident that this issue did not occur on versions up to 9.51, since I am compressing files quite frequently.

I am using TC 10.00RC3 x86, on Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 19042.867.
Same behavior with TC 10.00RC3 x64. I am using the combined 32+64 bit installer.
7z's files are from version 19.00, from its official site (7-zip.org).

I can't tell if it's 7z that's causing the issue. It's not even a serious bug as you can see. More of a mild inconvenience i would say.

Kind regards
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Small bug during compression with 7zip

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I have tested it: It's a problem with total7zip only. The problem also occurs in Total Commander 9.51, but does not occur with the 7zip plugin or others like tar.bz2.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
tcOne

Post by *tcOne »

All righty. Nothing for you to fix then. Good news!
Thank you.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Maybe there is something I can do - if total7zip sets the current directory to the base directory being packed, then Windows cannot delete it. I will check whether this is the case, and if yes, I will add a workaround in TC 10.01.

Btw, to everyone who reads this: I'm working on TC 10.01 now, which will fix all bugs missed during the beta test. So if you find anything, please report it either in the forum or via e-mail! I cannot fix bugs I don't know about.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com