Total Commander CE/Pocket Suggestions here

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Gerry Busch

Post by *Gerry Busch »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Posting an URL here is no problem as long as it doesn't point to something illegal. The URL restriction in this board is applied only during the first few days and posts, to prevent spammers from posting their spam.
In that case, here are direct links for the 2 files I was referring to. You may have to paste the URLs into your address bar. It's the only way I was able to access them from this post:

File Dialogue Changer:
http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-Cupertino/2039/filedlgchg.zip

gsgetfile.dll:
http://www.prco.jp/~shinichi/dl/dl.php?dl=30

There's no installer. Just copy filedlgchg.cpl and gsgetfile.dll to the Windows directory on your device, then soft reset it. The next time you have Total Commander's editor open and use the Save or Open command, you should be able to see any subdirectory you wish.

Look in System Settings for the applet that lets you make exceptions for specific programs.
Edo

Encrypting

Post by *Edo »

Hello,

I use Total commander for PC. Now I wish to use Total commander for Pocket PC, but I miss one feature. I have on my Pocket PC text file with many passwords. I wish encrypt this files with password. Every time, when I would open this file I would enter password for opening. I am very confused man and I very often lose my Pocket PC and I don't want, that somebody read my bank passwords, internet passwords...

I know, on PocketGear web site I can get many programs for encrypting, but I don't want install to many programs on my pocket PC. Do you plan to do such feature in Total commander for PC ?

Thanks, Edo.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Currently TC Pocket does not support encryption, but I may add it in the future now that the Swiss crypto export laws have changed. But it wouldn't be very useful as a password manager, use a dedicated manager for this.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
tichi

ssh/scp/sftp ???

Post by *tichi »

I've recently go a pocket_pc phone, and was so happy to see
my favourite Total Commander available for it..

I have a suggestion..
isn't it a good time to include ssh/scp/sftp functionality
natively in total commander (the same way as ftp is included now)

(of course we know about a third-party plug-in .. but one has to keep up..)

with greatest thanks to the author,

Tichi
OMOIKANE

var.

Post by *OMOIKANE »

1/ can you please disable searching for bt devices every time to send some file? and use some kind of history with refresh button (like symbian OS).
2/ plz, tell me internal commands for
(1)panel switching, i cant switch panel w/o stylus, this is pain in ass )
(2)mark an item
(3)simulate sift pressed(toggle)
(4)ctrl toggle
(5)mark all items in dir
(6)mark all with extension under cursor
(7)goto root
3/can you add a SenTo functionality like in GSFinder+ (shortcuts for needed apps in \Windows\SendTo\, long tap on file, choose Send To, select shortcut from popup). cecmd buttonbar is very small , you know :-)
4/can you plz disable two infrared entries in menu when device do not have IR? like BT disabled with widcomm drivers.
5/can you disable autorefresh after pressing ok button(top right or virtual) in file properties?
6/shortcuts cant be deleted/moved in \windows\...\Programs;\ I dunno - is it cyrillic in path or something wrong with WM 6.1 (Device - Glofiish x500)

sorry about my broken english.
Have a nice DOS
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

1. Unfortunately that's how the Microsoft BT functions work, sorry. But you can send multiple files together, just select them before sending.

2. The only available internal functions are described in the help. Select the help menu item from the main start menu while TC Pocket is in the foreground.

3-4. I will consider that

5. OK sets the archives and/or date time stamp, so refresh is needed.

6. Cyrillic is no problem TC Pocket is Unicode. These shortcuts may actually be in the ROM if they belong to the default apps.
OMOIKANE

Post by *OMOIKANE »

5/ yes, autofresh needed, but can you disable it for top right OK button? And left it on the softkey/ok in menu. Or make autorefresh but do not loose focus on selected file?
6/ no, not ROM apps. shortcuts can be deleted/moved by Resco Explorer but when trying to do that with CECMD a get a dialog "Cannot access file!
Выберите 'x', чтобы проигнорировать" (english "Choose 'x' for skip") with buttons 'stop' and 'retry'. for example, i can move shortcut from \windows\Главное меню\Программы\ to \Storage Card\ but i cant return that.
Have a nice DOS
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

5. Should I disable the setting of attributes too for top OP button?

6. Sorry, I can't help you. There is only one function to delete files (DeleteFile), and I don't see why it should work differently in TC Pocket and Resco.
OMOIKANE

Post by *OMOIKANE »

ghisler(Author) wrote:5. Should I disable the setting of attributes too for top OP button?

6. Sorry, I can't help you. There is only one function to delete files (DeleteFile), and I don't see why it should work differently in TC Pocket and Resco.
5/ :D problem: when navigating through files with buttons only (w/o stylus) only one way to close that dialog - press center of joystick (ok).
After that, currently selected file is MIA :roll:
in DIR with 200+ files. Sometimes i cant remember first letter of filename for quicksearch.

6/ no! not DeleteFile. CECMD not able to write to \Windows\Главное меню\Программы a new file but able to create shortcut. I can delete files there w/o trouble.
Have a nice DOS
Arthur ASCII

Blackberry

Post by *Arthur ASCII »

A Blackberry-compatable version please.
scorpio_cz

"Send-by-bluetooth" option in the TC pocket ?

Post by *scorpio_cz »

Hello,

I would very appreciate to have option "Send-by-bluetooth" on the pocket-pc version (WM6).

I have "Send-by-bluetooth" option on the smartphone version but I don't have it in the pocket-pc version.

As neither of my PDA's has infrared so I cannot use this one and I terribly miss the BT sending - or did I overlooked anything ?
Clues

Thanks, Font switch suggestion

Post by *Clues »

I have a XV6900 and Total Commander is a huge improvement to the file manager it comes with. The first thing I did when resetting to factory defaults today was install TC again.

When using the stylus, I can see and click with fonts at 7, its great to have so much info on the screen. But when I want to use touch instead of stylus, its a lot of clicks to set it back to a large finger font.

My suggestion is to allow 2 font sets.
To set the fonts, add a radio button on the font setting page, Set1, Set2.
Toggle the font set on the 'search/new folder/refresh' bar.

I think 2 would be plenty for most people, and simpler to program than a bunch of them. No naming, no adding/deleting for the user, just 1 and 2.

Thanks again, I donate to genius app creators, TCM is on the list.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maybe using large icons mode is a solution for touch use?
Clues

Large buttons

Post by *Clues »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Maybe using large icons mode is a solution for touch use?
Well. For many people this seems to be a solution.
I personally despise icons, a single dos list of file names is much better...

Just tested this large icon mode and it's just awful having so much screen space wasted to those big pictures. Icons are great as little file type identifiers, but as works of art, as the industry seems to use them, not for me.

I guess if I'm the only one that wants this, which is how it works most of the time, I'll just have to work around like you said.

It's still 100x better than the file manager that came with this xv6900.
scorpio_cz

Post by *scorpio_cz »

Hello,

Copy and Move (maybe also unzip) operations to display the transfer speed.

(Comparing TC and TC Pocket I have found this feature of TC which I realy miss on TC Pocket - copy a move operations on TC Pocket to also display the transfer speed like TC does).