Total Commander CE/Pocket Suggestions here

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Thunderchild

Another improvement:

Post by *Thunderchild »

It just came tomy mind that the tree dialog could use a nice enhancement: when double-tapping onto the location edit, there is a menu to manage one's favorite locations. What do you think about a combo box in the tree dialog that lists all those directories as a means of quick access for move and copy operations?

Example: if someone uses single window mode (like me ;) ) and often has a file to move from storage card to - say- my documents or a certain folder in the start menu, it always contains a fair amount of scrolling and selecting in the tree.

Cheers
Gruß | Greetings | Quapla'
"All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."
stephencadams

Version 2 for WINCE 2.11

Post by *stephencadams »

I was looking forward to a registry editor and ftp package, but find these are plugins.
Nothing in help file on how to obtain these files, (for wince).
Nothing on menu as to how to activate plugins!
How do I edit the registry?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The plugins are in the root of the file system called \\ in TC/CE2 and \\Plugins in version 2.5.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
stephencadams

how do you use registry editor plugin?

Post by *stephencadams »

fine,
registry.ftx is in the \program Files\Total Commander folder
But, double clicking on it does nothing, except run total commander, it adds nothing to the menu I can use, it does not open the registry and does not appear as a program.
how do I operate the registry editor please?
(in easy steps).
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

stephencadams
You did not understand. :)
Go to the root of your device's file system. You will see something like:
\\
Application Data
ConnMgr
My Documents
... (etc.)
If you're running TC 2.5 beta, then the very first item will be named "\\Plugins" instead of just "\\". Double-tap this item and you will see the list of the plugins:
ftp
LAN
registry
Go to the registry plugin, and that's all. You do not need to do anything with the file registry.tfx, it's of no use!
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
stephencadams

my machine jornada 680

Post by *stephencadams »

Your not talking about a Jornada 680 which is my machine.
on the root directory (under desktop, called my handheld pc)
there is no plugins folder only
control panel
databases
my documents
temp
temp internet files
vxutil
and windows as folders.
I installed over the top of orginal TC, does this make a difference?
version date is 06/07/05 10:17:36 downloaded from your site today.
Thunderchild

Post by *Thunderchild »

You have to go there with Total Commander, not your normal File Explorer or desktop explorer via AS. Only TC shows \\ in its root.
malloth

Ideas for further upgrade of PocketTC

Post by *malloth »

To Mr. Ghisler (Author)
I've got some nice ideas that would improve PocketTC.
Here they are:
1) Add new Icons for ToolBar
(if Your app is for WM5 and WM6 You REALLY should change this ugly icons)
2) Increase the speed of Search function
(I know it's easy to say and harder to do , but ..)

As for the rest , I must say it's the best app I've ever seen and used for such a long time. Good work!
Thunderchild

Post by *Thunderchild »

Hello,

yesterday I've came up with another great idea which is very easy to implement: I often need to move files to the folder above their own. And since there's already drag'n'drop to the other virtual window (by dropping items on the [>] and [<] buttons) I thought it would be quite handy if one could also drop items on the [/] and [..] button.

Cheers
kadziola

Ftp scripting

Post by *kadziola »

Dear Sir,

My suggestion :

Execute FTP client through text script file and shortcut - for ex.:

#155 cecemd.exe ftp \My Documents\example.txt

where example.txt include all parameters like ftp address,login,password,passive mode and ftp commands (get,mget,put,delete etc.)

Great util !!

Best regards

Jarek Kadziola
violondrina

Post by *violondrina »

first, i want to say that this is my absolute favorite ppc program. i use it every day and more than any other program on my pda. without it, i would not be able to use my device at the level that i do. thanks for the great app!

to make navigation with buttons (instead of the stylus) easier, it would be great to be able to press-and-hold the action button to get the context menu. right now, doing that is the same as pressing the action button once - ie, press-and-hold opens the item in question. i know that you can get to a lot of the context menu functions with the softkeys in wm5, but press-and-hold is easier to work with. plus, many of the users i help do not have wm5 ppc's. maybe a button-mapping function would help with this, too. i'd love to be able to map the > button so i can change virtual windows without my stylus.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

it would be great to be able to press-and-hold the action button to get the context menu
This works on PocketPC 2002 here, but unfortunately I couldn't get it to work on WM5. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong, but it just doesn't work. :(
cdb

Post by *cdb »

I'm using cecmd since my first pocketpc (2003), and it still surpasses any other file explorer I have tried in terms of usability. Please keep up the great work!

Currently I'm using V2.5PB2 on a WM5 VGA device. What I would really like to see is configurable icon size for the Full/Brief view (32x32, 16x16 or even 8x8). This would be especially useful for VGA devices, because at the moment i get as much information on screen as i already got with a QVGA device. Even if I lower the font size, the icons are still to big to allow more information on screen.
Even if it's not configurable, it would be great if you could put a version online that uses a smaller hardcoded icon size for VGA devices.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have ordered a (second hand) VGA device now, so you will hopefully see some improvements soon! Maybe I can then find a solution for the tap&hold problem too...
gottria

Post by *gottria »

First time user and poster. Great program. I use a Treo 700wx and so far so good on the beta. Two things I think would help clean up the screen, one remove the row that has the 4 icons on it, the one that has the refresh icon in it not sure what it's called. Second, on the Treo 2 buttons on the left and right I think are called soft buttons? The do work with PocketTC but why not give them their own bottum bar with just "File" on the left and "Show" on the right . You could even put it as an option for Treo users under show. It would really clean up the screen and still allow for full operation and one handed operation.

Thanks for the consideration.
Gottria