playing multiple mp3 files from tc / ce

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

samd2000

playing multiple mp3 files from tc / ce

Post by *samd2000 »

i am using tc from my pocket pc and it works great at accessing files on the network which the windows file explorer is useless for. one use i would like is to play an album of music stored on my hard drive on the pocket pc. i can use tc/ce to play an individual mp3 file but not the whole album, is there a way of doing this? (the windows solution is a joke of setting the main computer to broadcast an audio stream and then another program on the pocket pc to remotely control windows media player). i am not trained in the mystical black arts of computer programming so an idiots guide would be appreciated.
thanks
a.n. idiot
don't trust anything you can't beat with a stick
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

[mod]Moved to TC Pocket.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Try to create a text file which contains all the names separated by ENTER, and name it somename.m3u. This is an mp3 playlist, and most mp3 players should be able to play it.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Azgarth

Post by *Azgarth »

sorry for necro-ing, but i thought it better than creating a new topic.

i've got the same problem as samd here, but i've way too much music for m3u files.

how can i get it to work just like explorer? let enters/mouseclicks/doubleclicks function like normal?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You can open multiple files by selecting them, then olding down the pen until the menu opens. Then choose "Open". However, this doesn't seem to work with Windows Media Player on WM5 (but also not in Explorer).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Gerry Busch

Post by *Gerry Busch »

ghisler(Author) wrote:You can open multiple files by selecting them, then olding down the pen until the menu opens. Then choose "Open".
That technique also works extremely well with multi-window text editors, provided that the proper file association exists in the registry.
moonmoon

Post by *moonmoon »

well. :)