Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

hyperpac

FTP Plugin with Pocket PC Beta 3

Post by *hyperpac »

Hey folks,

at first - great tool ! Thx a lot !

And now my problem :roll: .

I use the beta 3 on my Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC. And I want to use the FTP client. But I guess I´m to stupid to do so.

I see the 3 plugin files ftp.tfx, lan.tfx and registry.tfx in my filemanager. But what to do now ? Simply clicking on them doesn´t help and I can´t find any option within the TC to open a new FTP connection.

Any help on that will be really appreciated.
ARenna

Re: FTP Plugin with Pocket PC Beta 3

Post by *ARenna »

hyperpac wrote:Hey folks,
I see the 3 plugin files ftp.tfx, lan.tfx and registry.tfx in my filemanager. But what to do now ? Simply clicking on them doesn´t help and I can´t find any option within the TC to open a new FTP connection.

Any help on that will be really appreciated.
Hi hyperpac,
when you open TC, you should see in root directory, at first place, the "\\Plugins" folder. Double click (or click, it depends on the option you set into TC) on it, and you can find the three plugins; (double) click again on "ftp" and you shoud see a single file named "New connection". Double click on it and will start the wizard for defining details of your FTP connection, almost exactly as TC Windows version. Hope it helps.
Best Regards
Antonio
hyperpac

Post by *hyperpac »

Hey thankx a lot. That works great :D .

Can I move the \\Plugins to a different place in the filesystem or do they have to stay in \root ?

thx !
Gerry Busch

Post by *Gerry Busch »

hyperpac wrote:Can I move the \\Plugins to a different place in the filesystem or do they have to stay in \root ?
They should be left in the root directory. Actually, they will not show up there in any other file manager; the plugin folder is specific to TC.

For quick access to them, however, I'd recommend that you place them in the directory hotlist:

Go to the \\plugins folder, or any of its three subdirectories (ftp, lan, registry), double-tap the address bar at the top of the screen, and then select "Add current dir".
hyperpac

Post by *hyperpac »

Ahhh...okay.

Thx for the help !
Khelz

Post by *Khelz »

Hello there, I have an HTC TyTN 2 with Windows Mobile 6, and the root folder \\Plugins is not created automatically after installing TC Pocket.

Anyone else encountered this issue before?
Khelz

Post by *Khelz »

Just tried with cebeta3, it works fine with this version.