Date format discrepancy

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Gerry Busch

Date format discrepancy

Post by *Gerry Busch »

Sometimes when I've modified the attributes of a file in TC Pocket 2.5 b.3, and tap OK to close the properties dialogue, TC reports an "invalid date or time field". It finally dawned on me that the problem was caused by a discrepancy in the date format.

TC's file list and properties dialogue both display short dates according to my regional settings here in North America, "MM/dd/yy", but apparently "dd.MM.yy" is expected when dates are input, as in the German language.

To confirm this, I tried changing a file date in the properties dialogue using the "MM/dd/yy" format, but TC wouldn't accept it. When I used "dd.MM.yy" instead, the date changed successfully, but was then displayed as "MM/dd/yy".

The error report will come up if I'm modifying a shortcut in Properties, even if the date is left unchanged. Nevertheless, if I tap Cancel when that happens, the change I was making will still take effect.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Thanks for the info, I will correct that. It's a bug in Windows Mobile 5.0 and later which reports incorrect data for LOCALE_IDATE: It returns 48, 49, 50 instead of 0,1,2 for the locale.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Gerry Busch

Post by *Gerry Busch »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Thanks for the info, I will correct that. It's a bug in Windows Mobile 5.0 and later which reports incorrect data for LOCALE_IDATE: It returns 48, 49, 50 instead of 0,1,2 for the locale.
Which makes me wonder what other bugs are lurking in the OS.

Recently I found that WM5's regional settings wouldn't let me select MM/dd/yy for Canada, even though that's what we use here for short dates. The solution was to edit the value "SSDte" under the registry key "HKLM/nls/overrides", but it took lots of exploring for me to figure that out. :-)