Registry plugin glitches

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Gerry Busch

Registry plugin glitches

Post by *Gerry Busch »

I've occasionally noticed a couple of peculiar glitches in the registry editor of TC Pocket v. 2.5, but they may not be easy to reproduce on other devices (mine is an Axim x51v running WM5):

If I go to the registry after having done extensive work with Zip archives, deleting a registry key or value will sometimes bring up the message "Copying remaining files", as if I had deleted files in a Zip! Then TC stops responding with the message remaining on the screen, and I have to terminate TC through the memory manager to regain control of my device.

Once I restart TC, I find the data has been neither lost nor corrupted; in fact, the registry entry I deleted is still there. It can be properly deleted at that point, so it seems advisable to exit and restart TC before using the registry plugin.

Another thing that's been happening lately, although not very often, is that double-tapping on a registry value fails to open it for viewing or editing. Again, a restart of TC seems to be the only workaround.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Unfortunately I never had such a problem on my x51v. Can you reproduce this problem somehow? If yes, can you give me step by step instructions, please?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Gerry Busch

Post by *Gerry Busch »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Unfortunately I never had such a problem on my x51v. Can you reproduce this problem somehow? If yes, can you give me step by step instructions, please?
Both glitches are sporadic, so I can't reproduce them on demand. The first one sometimes (but not always) occurs if I use the registry plugin immediately after adding or deleting files in a Zip. The second one (inaccessible registry values) seems related to how much file management I've been doing in TC prior to using the registry plugin.

Perhaps neither problem is caused by a bug in TC, because all functions are perfectly normal during a shorter session, or if I restart TC. Maybe I'm swamping my RAM somehow. On very rare occasions I've also seen TC suddenly close when I bring up the tree dialogue during the copy/move process, but I've always attributed that to a memory problem -- I do an awful lot of work in TC Pocket. ;-)