TotalCommander hard resets device

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

janss

TotalCommander hard resets device

Post by *janss »

Hi,
I think I found a bug, when accessing zip files containing long foler-/filenames, Totalcommander hard resets my device (T-Mobile MDA2, WM2003). To reproduce this, create (on Desktop PC) a zip file "Windows Mobile Developer Power Toys (incl. Console Pocket PC 2003).zip", containing file Windows Mobile Pocket PC Smartphone Programming_ Pocket PC Console for standard input and standard output_ A convenient tool for lazy debugging and tracing in Pocket PC 2003 devices.html and folders "Windows Mobile Pocket PC Smartphone Programming_ Pocket PC Console for standard input and standard output_ A convenient tool for lazy debugging and tracing in Pocket PC 2003 devices_files" and "Windows Mobile Developer Power Toys" with a folder named "Download details: Windows Mobile Developer Power Toys_files" in it which contains a zip file named Windows Mobile Developer Power Toys.zip (wich also contains long file-/foldernames). Now copy this file to storage card ("Speicherkarte") and unzip it to "speicherkarte\tmp", then in tmp\*long path name* try to unzip the inner zip-file. I don't really want to reproduce this as I lose all my Data in RAM, but this occured several times. I also remember I saw something like this in PocketPC2002, but I don't remember if a hardreset was performed, but at least a softreset was required to get out of this.
Maybe this can be fixed? Thanks for the great appication!
Regards, Janss
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Looks like the names exceed the limits of MAX_PATH-1 (259 characters). I will check that.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
janss

Post by *janss »

Hi Ghisler,
thanks for your reply. One thing I forgot to mention is that I created the zip-file in linux (Download details: Windows Mobile Developer Power Toys* contains ":"). But I'm sure I saw this also in files created unter windows wich just contained long folder-/filenames. I cannot remember if the error ocurred when accessing long-named zip-files or long-named folders.
siealex

Post by *siealex »

Your device must NOT perform a HR unless your backup battery is fully exhausted.
We are not so S.M.A.R.T. as we imagine...
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The ":" may really be the problem, I will check that.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
janss

Post by *janss »

Today this happened again, now i can say it also occurs without ":", inside a zip-file. My device got frozen so that not even pressing on/off and reset (-> shortcut for hardreset) did work, I had to remove the battery. All data an the device was lost. Although I always backup everything to storage card, this bug is really bad.