new phone - features lost?

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

trids

new phone - features lost?

Post by *trids »

First - a big thank you for an EXECELLENT app! I'd be lost without the many essential features it provides.

But since migrating from an HTC TyTN2 (Kaiser) which had a QVGA screen and I'm pretty sure was on WM 6.1 .. to an HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium) which has a WVGA display and definitely runs WM 6.1 .. some features seem to have become lost or disabled:
  • Dragging - On the new device (TP2), i can no longer drag a file into a folder. Can't drag it anywhere in fact, and i've just learned there is/was a feature i was unaware of - where you can drag a file to the toolbar? Not on my TP2. Trying to drag a file has no effect, the focus doesn't even shift to the file item.
  • Multislect rubberband - possibly related to dragging, on the TP2 this doesn't work anymore. When there are enough files/folders to fill the display, then the display scrolls as you try to start the dragging rectangle. Otherwise nothing happens at all.
As far as I can tell, the only difference between the devices is the screen resolution. Or am I missing a setting somewhere somehow?

Please can we have these features back on the TP2/Rhodium?

TIA
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

To my knowledge, HTC is running some system "enhancement" to make the device more finger-friendly. Unfortuantely this means that moving the finger/pen across a list view causes scrolling instead of drag&dop or selecting.

Unfortunately that will be the default on the upcoming Windows Mobile 6.5 and 6.5.1 devices too. :(

I'm currently working on a new version which will offer workarounds for at least a few of these problems:
1. A button to add new buttons to the button bar
2. A new toolbar to select files

I will release that soon, it's currently in private beta test.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
trids

Post by *trids »

Great - thanks!
:D
siealex

Post by *siealex »

The main difference is WM 6.1 build 20710 or higher. It DOES NOT support drag-n-drop AT ALL.
We are not so S.M.A.R.T. as we imagine...
trids

Post by *trids »

siealex wrote:The main difference is WM 6.1 build 20710 or higher. It DOES NOT support drag-n-drop AT ALL.
Thanks, that explains a lot!

Makes you wonder though, why would M$ take a step backwards like that? I mean it's a natural element of using a touch device, and is being used very effectively by the likes of Androkkid (see video demo here). Ah well, go figure.
:?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

They try to mimic apple - maybe they will remove copy+paste next. :)
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
trids

Post by *trids »

ghisler(Author) wrote:They try to mimic apple - maybe they will remove copy+paste next. :)
ROFLMAO!

But shhhh-hhh! .. don't give them any ideas :wink:
Angelina_Apr

new phone features lost

Post by *Angelina_Apr »

Thank you Karyll and igoraki for your kind comments. I hope that I will be able to meet and exceed the community’s expectations, whiles providing them with features that will improve their experience.