Blank list on Wince5

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

dcanazz

Blank list on Wince5

Post by *dcanazz »

I use your software on my mio C220 navigator based on wince 5.0 core and really like it.
I recently upgraded the ROM of my PNA for a version of wince with more features, and now more programs work than with the previous ROM.
Unfortunately, total commander stopped working fine!
This is a screenshot: the list of directories and files is blank! It's not empty, meaning that if I tap on the lines, TC will navigate correctly, but the software is unusable!

[Sorry, phpBB doesn't let me insert an img]

Can you help me finding the solution?

Sorry!, since I am a new user phpBB doesn't let me insert a link!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sounds like a problem with standard colors - TC Pocket uses the system colors for text and background. Apparently they are both set to white. Try a tool like "UI Tweaker" to fix the colors. It may also be a font problem. You can change that via menu item About/Settings.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
dcanazz

Post by *dcanazz »

I changed the colors of the window background and of the window text using the control panel "display" applet: the new colors are used by other programs like notepad but in total commander I see the new background color but still no text. Also changing the font size doesn't help: the new font size is used by tc in the bar text (name/ext size date..) but no list text. I can't check what happens using UI tweaker until monday because I left my SD adapter at work, but at this point I doubt it's a matter of colors or fonts. Anyway, thanks for your support and I'll let you know.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes, please keep me informed - I'm using a standard Windows ListView control, so I don't see any reason why TC Pocket should behave differently from other programs...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
dcanazz

Post by *dcanazz »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Yes, please keep me informed - I'm using a standard Windows ListView control, so I don't see any reason why TC Pocket should behave differently from other programs...
I investigated a little bit more with UI tweaker and I concluded it wasn't a matter of colors.
I think the problem is related to the icons management, also because the combo box to select the icon size in the settings menu was showing funny values.
My conclusion is that the ROM I was using is flawed in some way. Please note that with the original ROM of the device (a MITAC MIO C220, using windows ce core 5.0) total commander was working fine but without icons... I never realized that there should have been icons!
At the end I stepped back to an older ROM, so that I can continue using your fine software. Thank you for your support, I don't think this case deserves more attention from you (nor me!)
telamarie

Blank list on Wince5

Post by *telamarie »

I think you should update the EROM.

You need an account at Wotanserver and it updates it for free...try searching for that.

Im not too sure, but I know its an EROM problem.

The quick fix though is to re-flash the firmware.