Problem with custom buttons

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

gbusch

Problem with custom buttons

Post by *gbusch »

I'm running TC Pocket 2.52b2 on an Axim x51v PDA (WM5), and have encountered a bug that's always reproducible, but a bit hard to describe without being longwinded, so please bear with me: ;)

I have a custom button on the toolbar that brings me to my SD Card quickly: cd \SD Card. It works fine, but after I use it, if I try to open a file in that directory by means of another custom button (such as an image or text editor, etc.) I get an error message from the respective app that the file can't be found. The message shows that the backslash between the path and the file name is missing. For example, \SD CardSample.jpg or \SD CardSample.txt. Reloading the directory doesn't help. I have to go into a subdirectory and back out of it before I can get TC to pass the parameters to the application correctly. Alternatively, of course, I can exit TC and restart it.

I've checked the buttons to make sure I've set up the parameters correctly. They are %P%N or "%P%N", depending on the application, so they should work. Actually, they always do, unless they are used right after my button shortcut.

Oddly enough, if I get to \SD Card via the directory hotlist, the bug never shows up, so it must be directly related to the button commands.
gbusch

Post by *gbusch »

OK, I think I may have solved the problem. I've edited my CD button to read as follows: cd \SD Card\. The trailing backslash seems to have fixed it. However, I still don't understand why the missing backslash was carried over into the following command, as my original button did get me to the proper directory.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I will check that, thanks!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
gbusch

Post by *gbusch »

Were you able to reproduce the error? It's not much of a problem anyway, as long as the user remembers to include a trailing backslash in a path name that is not followed by a file name.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I haven't had the time yet to check it because I'm currently very busy with the beta test of the Windows version. I will have a look at it soon, though.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com