New pre-beta 3 available (called beta2+)

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

New pre-beta 3 available (called beta2+)

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Again I have put together a more finger-friendly version of Total Commander Pocket: You can now choose a mode with larger vertical distances between toolbars and the above buttons+path bar (in Show-About/Settings). You can even set a custom distance of the file list icons (in the Font dialog).

You can download it here:
https://plugins.ghisler.com/ce252beta3pre/cecmd.arm.cab

Please let me know what you think about it! This version is for devices with ARM processor and a touch screen.

Here is the list of changes:
23.03.10 Added: Delete function: make "No" the default: Go to \\\registry\HKCU\Software\Ghisler\CECmd\Configuration, create new DWORD value DeleteDefNo with value 1
23.03.10 Fixed: After going to path with button "cd \some\dir", using another button with %p parameter didn't add trailing backslash, so %p%n was wrong
23.03.10 Added: Finger friendly distances can be set individually in the registry (Hdelta, HDeltaTop and HDeltaIcon)
23.03.10 Added: Finger-friendly vertical icon distances can be set in the font dialog (only when "Finger friendly distances" enabled in main dialog)
23.03.10 Added: Support for finger-friendly vertical distances in file lists and current path
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
dingolino

Post by *dingolino »

Looks nice!

In addition I would like to have larger Icons for

"\" ".." ">"

and a 2 or multi line mod for the filename to see the complete filename, because the version number for many cabs is at the end of the filename and therefore not visible in TC if the filenam has a certain length.

>(Hdelta, HDeltaTop and HDeltaIcon)

I only find the reg key

HDeltaIcon

the other ones are not there.

Do I need to create new dwords for them?

The default setting for Delete is nice, I think you should set it as default right from the beginning - more safe.

Best regards,

dingolino
Last edited by dingolino on 2010-04-02, 07:36 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
gbusch

Re: New pre-beta 3 available (called beta2+)

Post by *gbusch »

ghisler(Author) wrote:23.03.10 Added: Delete function: make "No" the default
An excellent idea! It also brings up another possibility: Certain options that you weren't able to include in the past due to limited menu space (e.g. hide files with hidden attributes, etc.) could be included this way. The advanced user could simply refer to your documentation for creating or editing a registry key.

Thanks for fixing that bug in passing command parameters when using custom buttons. I just finished testing a directory button without using the trailing backslash, and it works perfectly.

The finger-friendly enhancements aren't necessary in my case, since I use the stylus exclusively, but I'm sure they will help those who are using the newer versions of Windows Mobile.
dingolino wrote:... a 2 or multi line mod for the filename to see the complete filename ...
Now that's something I've always wanted to see in a file manager. I've seen editors and music players in which the file dialogues assign two lines for each file, wrap the names to a second line, or even scroll the names automatically in marquee fashion. In TC I have the filename column set wider than the screen width. I do this so I can use a large font for better visibility without truncating the file name. This means that I have to use the horizontal scrollbar a lot, since I'm unwilling to abbreviate the names of eBooks, and the long titles of classical pieces in my music collection.

Example: Schubert - Impromptu, D946 #1 in E flat minor.mp3 :shock:
ianl8888

Post by *ianl8888 »

dingolino wrote:

"In addition I would like to have larger Icons for

"\" ".." ">" "

I agree - I also suggested this earlier in the "finger friendly" thread. There is space along the Title Bar for these icons to be increased in horizontal width

1) Choice of file listing space now is very good
2) I'm not so fussed about the default delete now - just irritating to have deletion selections re-questioned - but I guess it's liveable with
3) gbusch's suggestion of 2 lines for file names (to cater for longer names) would then fit with the suggestion of increased icon width for "\" ".." ">" "

Perhaps a navigating accuracy in TC of 80% now compared to the stylus
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

a 2 or multi line mod for the filename to see the complete filename,
Unfortunately it's not possible to have owner-drawn list views on Windows mobile. :(
I had to write a lot of code to make these extra space between lines possible: The icon has to be converted to a bitmap containing these extra lines, and then re-converted to an icon and added to the list...
"\" ".." ">" "
I agree - I also suggested this earlier in the "finger friendly" thread. There is space along the Title Bar for these icons to be increased in horizontal width
I tried that, and it looks REALLY ugly. The problem is that the height of the current path combobox cannot be changed, so the buttons would have a different height.

Just tap on the middle of the 3 buttons, then drag to finger down onto the command you want. It doesn't matter which of the 3 buttons you click if you release the finger over the list.
dingolino

Post by *dingolino »

>"In addition I would like to have larger Icons for
>"" ".." ">" "
>
>I tried that, and it looks REALLY ugly. The problem is that the height of >the current path combobox cannot be changed, so the buttons would >have a different height.

It would help only to increase the horizontal width, so you can stay with the exisiting height.

Would this be possible?

>Just tap on the middle of the 3 buttons, then drag to finger down >onto the command you want. It doesn't matter which of the 3 >buttons you click if you release the finger over the list.

This is working nicely. I am able to hit the exisitng buttons "" and ".." most of the time directly, only the ">" is realy difficult - at least for me - because it is at the "edge" of the screen. So a horizontal enlargement would help.

Best regards,

dingolino

ghisler(Author) wrote:
a 2 or multi line mod for the filename to see the complete filename,
Unfortunately it's not possible to have owner-drawn list views on Windows mobile. :(
I had to write a lot of code to make these extra space between lines possible: The icon has to be converted to a bitmap containing these extra lines, and then re-converted to an icon and added to the list...
"" ".." ">" "
I tried that, and it looks REALLY ugly. The problem is that the height of the current path combobox cannot be changed, so the buttons would have a different height.

Just tap on the middle of the 3 buttons, then drag to finger down onto the command you want. It doesn't matter which of the 3 buttons you click if you release the finger over the list.
ianl8888

Post by *ianl8888 »

@dingolino

You wrote:

" ... only the ">" is realy difficult - at least for me - because it is at the "edge" of the screen. So a horizontal enlargement would help"

Yes, the ">" button can be "hit or miss", as well as the "\" and ".." buttons (this is why we both would like an increased horizontal width for them), but I have found that using my thumb from the side of the device generally makes the ">" button work (I miss maybe 10% of the time)

Nonetheless,Mr Ghisler has improved the useability of Pocket TC on capacative screens a considerable amount. I am grateful
trids

Post by *trids »

ghisler(Author) wrote: Unfortunately it's not possible to have owner-drawn list views on Windows mobile. :(
That sounds like a lot of extra work for a feature i don't require! Please tell me that if i am happy with the stylus-friendly display, then performance will not be impacted?

Either way, thanks for the new release :D
jelinek.01

Post by *jelinek.01 »

Hello, I litke CEcmd very much, just now I'm missing only a possibility to use some HW button for copying files in two panel mode (I'm using external keyboard or bluetooth).
In winMobile 6.5 with bottom startmenu it hides the default menu bar, so no start menu available :-)
Othervise very nice work!
ianl8888

Post by *ianl8888 »

jelinek.01 wrote:

"In winMobile 6.5 with bottom startmenu it hides the default menu bar, so no start menu available"

True for WM6.5.x, where "x" = 3, 4, 5 etc

WM6.5 (ie. no "x") version still has the Start Bar at the top, where it should be

M$$ seems quite determined to leave it's history behind it ... end-of-the-line, I think - if people are to start all over (ie. WM7), why would they not choose the freebie Droid ?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

In winMobile 6.5 with bottom startmenu it hides the default menu bar, so no start menu available
You have to click on the top-left button and choose "hide" to get back the start menu.
Vladimyr0

Post by *Vladimyr0 »

just tried 2+... new settings are funny, but almost useless.

To make it actually more finger-friendly, I'd suggest to create an ability
to increase toolbar icons, and also move \..> buttons to the bottom toolbar (optionally).

Look at Resco Explorer for example 8)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry, I would have to drop half of the functions to make toolbar icons larger. :(

If you cannot hit them, just use the menu instead.
Vladimyr0

Post by *Vladimyr0 »

May be, let users to decide? ;)
(Put toolbar size and set of visible buttons into settings)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

But which functions should I remove then?