Windows CE .NET

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

celebdraug

Windows CE .NET

Post by *celebdraug »

I know that CE .NET is different than just CE. I have tried installing the software on my Ranger from TDS. I own TC for my desktop and really love the file explorer. I could not wait to install TC on my Ranger. It gives me a message after the install that the software is not compatible. I can open TC but some things seem to be different as the screenshots show on the website. I would appreciate the help. As an added note to Christian, I was a WinZip user for years. Someone told me about your program and I have loved using it ever since. Please keep up the good work.

Benji DeBerry
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Unfortunately I haven't tried TC on CE/.Net yet - I don't have such a device, and haven't installed any emulator yet. What exactly doesn't work as it should?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
celebdraug

TC on CE .NET

Post by *celebdraug »

Mind you, I have only looked at the screenshots on your website. I do not have all of the buttons that are shown. I have looked under the pull down menus and I have turned on everything there is to turn on or to view. The two window mode has the windows top and bottom instead of side by side. I really don't think there is a problem with it running that I can tell. Just the things above are different.

Thanks,

Benji
Gerry Busch

Re: TC on CE .NET

Post by *Gerry Busch »

celebdraug wrote:The two window mode has the windows top and bottom instead of side by side.
I'm running it under PocketPC 2002, and that's the way it looks on my PDA, as well. As far as I know, that's the standard layout for the Pocket PC version of Total Commander. Could you possibly be looking at the screenshot for the desktop version?

Gerry
celebdraug

PocketPC/HandheldPC

Post by *celebdraug »

Gerry,

The pocketPC is top and bottom on the screenshot. I have a handheldPC and they are side by side. I am just curious if there is a way to make the WinCE work on CE .NET.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

CE .NET is a PocketPC-style device, right? The location of the two windows in two window mode only depends on the size of the screen - if it's wider than 320, they will be side by side, otherwise above each other.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com