Tool “OpenFileTC” : What about ?

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Yams

Post by *Yams »

2 Clo:
No, I didn't receive your letter, but I got this file from your post :) I've already updated archive and site. Thanks for supporting!
In Pascal we trust
Yams

Post by *Yams »

Hello to all forum people. Sorry for long silence at this topic.

I want to publish new version of Open File shell for TC, v1.7b, at the January 27, saturday. But if you want, you can download beta-version of application. A lot of bugs were catched by CaptainFlint, administrator of Total Commander's non-official russian forum. If you have some spare time, please help me to find hidden bugs.

What's new in this version (sorry for my bad english):
1) For Total Commander v7.0 and higher: application getting list of files without using clipboard. ATTENTION: this option works only at the short or full view of TC's file list. Partially, OpenFileTC doesn't works if using thumbnails view.
For Total Commander v6.5x and earlier: work with clipboard becomes more good. But it's recommended to change version of Total Commander to the 7.0!
2) If OpenFileTC starts without parameters, then it opens in the setup mode.
3) Now Open File TC can starts on another Ini-file. Anso you can use environment variables (see file "SupportedTags_eng.txt"). Command line: OpenFileTC.exe /I="<path to the ini-file>"
4) Now app supports the following tags:
%RootDrive% - drive letter with the colon, where OpenFileTC starts from ("C:", "D:")
%COMMANDER_DRIVE% - drive letter with the colon, where Total Commander starts from
5) Now Open File shell for TC works correctly with paths, where strings "..\" (up one level) are exists.
6) Now OpenFileTC forced start can be setted using one of three switches (Caps Lock, Num Lock, Scroll Lock) and/or mouse position (one screen corner)
7) Now you can set another icon for each added application.
8) Fixed: of default application was removed from computer, then OpenFileTC doesn't react when user press F4 on files. Now OpenFileTC main window opens.
9) Fixed: files with null extension sometimes lost their option "Always open with selected..."
10) Now application get full name of Total Commanders' Ini-file name using environment variable %COMMANDER_INI%
11) Fixed: when new application with wrong exe header was added to the list of avaliable apps, then Open File TC raised an error ошибку Invalid Pointer Operation.
In Pascal we trust
Yams

Post by *Yams »

Utilite is updated, full version of file is 1.7.7.77 =) Its recommended to update file if you have earlier version.

English-language file is not ready yet, I will write about its publication here later.
In Pascal we trust
slidg

Post by *slidg »

Yams wrote: 1) For Total Commander v7.0 and higher: application getting list of files without using clipboard.
would you please explain that how to accomplish this function? Thanks!
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

slidg wrote:would you please explain that how to accomplish this function? Thanks!
From history.txt:
15.09.06 Added: Support for accessibility tools (e.g. for blind users) to main lists+separate tree+sync+CD-Tree, allows to retrieve current line via LB_GETTEXT
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
slidg

Post by *slidg »

thanks a lot!
Yams

Post by *Yams »

2 slidg: exactly this method was used in my app. Be carefully with extracting file names from received strings: blank may be replaced with the Tab (#9) in the future versions of TC.

2 Flint:
Very thanks for support :)
In Pascal we trust
st

Post by *st »

Vansumsen wrote:2 majkinetor !
When I say "use everytime" checkbox it doesn't - it will ask me again for that extension.
You are right but try to check "use everytime" before choising the program...
Here it works !

Paul
not working 4 me, maybe because my situation's more compilcated.
i have a programme and use it with openfile, then moves it. openfile detects this and i relocate it for openfile. now openfile does not even put it in preferred app section. :cry:
Yams

Post by *Yams »

st wrote:not working 4 me, maybe because my situation's more compilcated.
i have a programme and use it with openfile, then moves it. openfile detects this and i relocate it for openfile. now openfile does not even put it in preferred app section. :cry:
This error will be fixed in the futire version. Thanks for information!
In Pascal we trust
Yams

Open File shell for TC, v1.7c

Post by *Yams »

The new version of Open File shell for TC is published. Current version is 1.7c, you can download it from here.

What was done in this version: very huge list of changes.
  • Add. Now you can set some editor as a default editor for each new extension. It is very useful if you works very hard with a lot of text files which have different extensions
    Add. Option to enable / disable adding executables via F4 on them
    Fixed. If application is called using hot key, then extenson haven't added to the list of supported extensions
    Add. Hidden option [Main] DisableCallsCount=1 - disabling the calls counting
    Add. Flags to open editors: maximize / minimize / normal
    Add. F4 on exe-files - asks user to add it to the list of editors
    Add. English now is the embedded language
    Fixed. "Lost applications" - if user set the right way to the lost executable, then application stay at the "Lost applications" section, ant its icon do not changed
    Fixed. Wrong OpenFileTC's action with the "Always use..." check box - application do not always obey for user :)
    Fixed. When user sent to the OpenFileTC a /I= param, then application lost list of selected files
    Add. Now user can set the common command line for each extension of the executable (now this option is not so good, will be fixed lately)
    Add. Application read the environment variable PATH
    Add. Applications Notepad, Wordpad, MSPaint are added with the first start of OpenFileTC
    Fixed. If strings have tsome environment variables, then OpenFileTC might work with them not correctly.
    Fixed. Whtn user selected the language (at the first start), then he might select wrong language - the mouse position was analysed not correctly
    Fixed. A lot of small fixed in the editing extensions window
    Add. Now OpenFileTC supports %1 (it is the same as the %FullFileName%)
    Add. The "Hot key" button in the executables setup window
    Fixed. It was impossible to remove a hot key, only change it to another
    Add. It is possible to change separator between the extensions in the ini-file of the OpenFileTC (see the English.lng file)
    Add. Application remembers its size in the setup mode and in the work mode separately
    Add. If user forced call OpenFileTC, then OpenFileTC select that executable which must open selected file with the normal OpenFileTC calling.
    Add. Now user can set the "Always use..." check box state at the next OpenFileTC start - always on, always off or by the last state
    Fixed. Now supported extensions in the executable's hint are on the several strings
What is still not worked:
  • OpenFileTC doesn't works correctly in TC 6.5x - it may loose the clipboard
    There is still no conversion between OpenFileTC and ChoiceEditor
What I want to do in the future version, 1.8:
  • Make all things which are in the previous section :)
    Allow edit files from the result of searching / result of Ctrl+B (now user need to open each file in result separately, he can't select two files and press F4)
    I want to make a bar with buttons
    I have an idea to make another logic with extensions work. User will be able to group some extensions by their meaning: Text, Pictures, some another. And user can set this tag (%Text% or %Pictures%) for some editor as an extension.
    Editors' setup window will be changed hardly.
    If it will be possible for me, I'll add some functional elements like popup items in the Office 2007 (they showed when user select a text). I hope, these elements will allow to use OpenFileTC easier.
I recommend to update OpenFileTC for all people who use my app very often.
In Pascal we trust
Yams

Open File shell for TC 1.8a

Post by *Yams »

The new version is avaliable for beta-testing: 1.8a. Download. This is a beta-test version, so there might be some bugs! Please report me about them :)

What's new: not so much, but very important :)
  • Add. Due to the internal code changes, application's work is faster. It's strongly
    recommended to update OpenFileTC for steady users.
    Fixed. The command /L=%L doesn't works
    Add. Option was added to the .lng-file:
    [Misc]
    5=<Here is the link to the discussing forum in native language of translator>
In Pascal we trust
_meta_

Post by *_meta_ »

Could you please add ESCape in switchkeys. It is more convenient than caps, num or scroll keys. Like in Choiceeditor http://en.totalcmd.pl/download/add/add/Choice_Editor
Yams

Post by *Yams »

_meta_ wrote:Could you please add ESCape in switchkeys. It is more convenient than caps, num or scroll keys. Like in ChoiceEditor
Yes, it is not so hard. But what will be your action? You will hold the ESC key when application runs?
In Pascal we trust
_meta_

Post by *_meta_ »

It would behave exactly like switchkeys behave now (variants for forced aplication calling). when OpenFileTC is run, if ESC key is down, start OpenFileTC forecefully.
Yams

Open File shell for TC 1.8.1.5

Post by *Yams »

The following version is avaliable for beta-testing: 1.8.1.6. Download. Please remember that this is just the beta, so you may have some troubles using it!

What's new in this version (only new items after the previous published beta):
  • Fixed. If you have assigned some editor for current extension, and this editor must be opened directly - without OpenFileTC window, and if you have made a force call of OpenFileTC, then this option becomes disabled for this extension
    Add. Now you can force open OpenFileTC window using the Escape key (thanks to _meta_ for his suggestion)
    Add. If you have a default editor, and it is the preferred editor, then it will be selected if OpenFileTC's window opens
    Fixed. When you open file directly in needed editor (without OpenFileTC window), then sometimes you may have a critical error
Last edited by Yams on 2007-07-27, 22:02 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
In Pascal we trust