WCX: Blat Mailer plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

OK, need to check it. Sorry for delay. I have too many other projects and work load running.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
krasusczak

Post by *krasusczak »

Thomas no problem, take your time, you’re doing good job :)

I thinking about one more thing, a few times I send accidentally attachments which I didn’t really want to send :D
Maybe if “Send attachments” is selected should be additional confirmation dialogue before final send, like:
“Do you really want to send these 3 files (702 MB):
xxx.doc (2 MB)
yyy.txt (6 b)
zzz.avi (700 MB)”

People gonna see which file is really selected especially with .exe version & gonna see size of all of them, what do you think about this idea?
I know that with max 64 lines gonna be hard to make info dialog but maybe there is a different way to do that, you are master here :D

Regards,
Pit
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

krasusczak wrote:1. When i use blat.exe save to log doesn't work at all,
(don't create or edit existing log file)

2. When i use blat.wcx log works but save always in wincmd.ini directory (but blat.ini & blat.txt i have in Blat directory)
The 2. report is as expected: If blat.log is found in plugin directory this one is used otherwise blat.log from wincmd.ini directory is used.

As for the 1. report using blat.exe: Do you use Win2k? Can you please check if %APPDATA% is a valid environment variable? Can you please check if HKCU\Software\Ghisler\Total Commander\IniFileName or HKLM\Software\Ghisler\Total Commander\IniFileName exist?
krasusczak

Post by *krasusczak »

I have entries:
HKCU\Software\Ghisler\Total Commander\IniFileName & HKLM\Software\Ghisler\Total Commander\IniFileName
but my wincmd.ini is in the different localization (after i change reg var, exe log works)

2. yes exactly, blat.log create in wincmd.ini not blat.ini, but if in the blat dir log exist using this log.
krasusczak

Post by *krasusczak »

tbeu wrote:Ok, I will check it and forbid characters "[" & "]" in the profile name in next version.

Hi Thomas!
Did you have a little time to check this maybe?

I present your plugin to my friend & he liked it very much, but one week after he creates additional account using "[]" & have big UPS.. ahahahaha, I fixed his profile:)

Regards,
Pit
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

krasusczak wrote:Did you have a little time to check this maybe?
Yes, I fixed it by replacing [ and ] by similar Unicode characters. Then I realized that I need to redesign the whole dialog of account managment to a subdialog. But the introduction of such a subdialog leads to much more trouble for the data consistency. This is where I stopped prgramming.
Unfortunately I currently have a work-intensive (open-source) business project I spent my spare-time on.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
cheeseburglar

Alwaysshowconfig

Post by *cheeseburglar »

Hello and thank you for the handy app. I'm having one issue I hope someone can advise me about.

I'm using blat.exe to send files via 'sendto' on the context menu in WinXP. This works fine, and the file reaches its destination. However, the configuration screen pops up every time. By simply clicking the OK button I'm able to continue the email on it's way. This happens no matter if the INI file is set to AlwaysShowConfiguration=0 or AlwaysShowConfiguration=1.

How can I keep that screen from popping up? Thanks!

Dan
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Alwaysshowconfig

Post by *tbeu »

cheeseburglar wrote:However, the configuration screen pops up every time.
Hm, actually it is a feature as otherwise you never know the mail configuration. So just press OK (as you do) and mail will be sent.
cheeseburglar

config box

Post by *cheeseburglar »

I appreciate the reply. The recipient and other aspects of the config file are always going to be the same. Can you think of any command /switch or other workaround to suppress the config screen from popping up every time?

I noticed that your blat.ini file has the switch of:

AlwaysShowConfiguration=0

The config still pops up whether I set that value to 0 or 1. Is it for some other function?

Thanks!
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

There will be new magic number

Code: Select all

AlwaysShowConfiguration=13
to always hide configuration dialog for blat.exe in next version of the plugin.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2tbeu

Updated Danish translation can be downloaded at: http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/wcx_blat_1.3.4.1_dan.zip
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
tigerix

Post by *tigerix »

Thanks very much tbeu! I love the Plugin.

Is there any way (variable like %S) how I can add the name of the attachment to the subject / message?

And is it possible to rename certain types of attachments (to .renamed) - so that Gmail doesn't have a problem sending executable files?
wwj402

Post by *wwj402 »

Chinese (Simplified) language needs update.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

petermad wrote:Updated Danish translation can be downloaded at: http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/wcx_blat_1.3.4.1_dan.zip
Thanks.
wwj402 wrote:Chinese (Simplified) language needs update.
Thanks.
I updated both languages.
billiebub

option to compress multiple attachements

Post by *billiebub »

Hello, would it be possible to add an option to compress multiple attachments into one single attachment (ie zip)?