ImageMetaData (set/edit EXIF/IPTC/XMP-metadata and Comment of image files by Exiv2 lib) content plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Re: ImageMetaData (set/edit EXIF/IPTC/XMP-metadata and Comment of image files by Exiv2 lib) content plugin

Post by *tbeu »

Hm, I am clueless. I build plugin and all dependencies with /Zc:threadSafeInit- and /D_WIN32_WINNT=0x502. I set platform toolset to WinXP. I set linker option to /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS",5.02". But still I see that binary plugin requires functions like SleepConditionVariableCS which are anot available in WinXP. Any more ideas?
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Re: ImageMetaData (set/edit EXIF/IPTC/XMP-metadata and Comment of image files by Exiv2 lib) content plugin

Post by *Usher »

tbeu wrote: 2021-05-21, 05:11 UTC/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS",5.02".
Did you really read my previously linked messages? Windows XP 32-bit is WinNT 5.1, SUBSYSTEM 5.01.
5.02 is Windows Server 2003 or Windows XP 64-bit.
For more details you can ask @zeeko who properly compiled xPDFSearch for XP: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7423&p=399265&hilit=xp+toolset#p399359
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Sure, I read. But x64 plugin v2.3.5.0 (the last version I built with VS2010) also is 5.02.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

2tbeu

Windows XP 64-bit is WinNT 5.2.
Windows XP 32-bit is WinNT 5.1.

I DID WRITE IT in my previous messages. Can you see the difference now?
Andrzej P. Wozniak
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

I built x64 only as test. Anyway, WinXP support is dropped then, no matter if 32 or 64 bit.
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

2tbeu
Anyway, if you want to provide 32-byte version, it should be available for Windows XP. You can check usage statistics for 32-bit Windows OSes - Windows XP is the first one.
Andrzej P. Wozniak
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

I still have VS2010 up and running on Win10. However some of the plugin dependencies no longer can't be built using VS2010. That is the dilemma and at some time you need to break the compatibility promise.
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

2tbeu
As far as I know, you can build XP compatible programs even in the newest VS version. You should install and configure proper xp toolset (as I have already mentioned in other messages), then recompile all sources. However, I'm not sure how it works when there's a direct call of any function available only in newer Windows API.
Yes, that's the problem. You can use conditional compilation of older constructions in your own code, but it's not so easy to dig in 3rd party code.
Andrzej P. Wozniak