[WLX] AppLoader

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

sgp

Post by *sgp »

Maximus wrote:- Added: Key [Options], DefaultEditor_params.
- Added: Support of environment variables like %COMMANDER_PATH% also in command line parameters.
Thank you, added features work well.
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

So, Download 0.9.6.1 Final
[0.9.6.1]
Added: Key [Options], DefaultEditor_params: Specifies command line parameters for default application, used if IfIsExtOnly=0 and ParamsMode=0.
Added: Support of environment variables like %COMMANDER_PATH% also in command line parameters.
Fixed: Hot keys did not work to start the application from Lister when used more than one modifier.
Fixed: Keys [Options], ScrollLockControl and ModalOnly: Default values did not match to the description in the help file.
sgp

Post by *sgp »

Maximus wrote:So, Download 0.9.6.1 Final
Thank you, but this version seems to have reverted back to no support for DefaultEditor_params: the plugin runs DefaultEditor with no arguments.
I was silly enough to install final 0.9.6.1 over the last temporary version which was working for me, so now I don't have a working version anymore. Could you please post the working temporary version again?

I also noticed a minor issue in final 0.9.6.1. With the directory sync tool compare a zip file on the left and a regular folder on the right. In the result window select a left-side file for which there is no corresponding right-side file. Press F3 and DefaultEditor starts. Press F3 again (with the same file still selected) and the regular lister starts _twice_ (two instances of the same file). So the minor issue is actually two issues; pressin F3 a second time starts lister instead of the Default Editor; and there are two instances of lister instead of one.
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

Thank you, but this version seems to have reverted back to no support for DefaultEditor_params: the plugin runs DefaultEditor with no arguments.
I was silly enough to install final 0.9.6.1 over the last temporary version which was working for me, so now I don't have a working version anymore. Could you please post the working temporary version again?
I have no temp version.
But I do not confirm that the current version does not work.
Give me config file.
I also noticed a minor issue in final 0.9.6.1. With the directory sync tool compare a zip file on the left and a regular folder on the right. In the result window select a left-side file for which there is no corresponding right-side file. Press F3 and DefaultEditor starts. Press F3 again (with the same file still selected) and the regular lister starts _twice_ (two instances of the same file). So the minor issue is actually two issues; pressin F3 a second time starts lister instead of the Default Editor; and there are two instances of lister instead of one.
I press F3 many times, but I do not see any problem.
I really need your config file.
And, if possible, your default application.
sgp

Post by *sgp »

Maximus wrote:But I do not confirm that the current version does not work.
You're right, today DefaultEditor_params is working for me too. I don't know what was wrong yesterday.
I press F3 many times, but I do not see any problem.
I tested some more and I can reproduce this issue all the time but only when wlx tlister is loaded as the first lister plugin. If I disable tlister then AppLoader works perfectly. Don't bother trying to fix it, it only happens within an archive, it's a corner case and it might depend on tlister entirely. I'm happy with the current AppLoader, thank you.
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

2sgp
Yes. I know about the problems of interaction with tLister. I doubt that this is possible to do something, but I promise to try :)
sgp

Post by *sgp »

Maximus, can you please fix this new issue?

Code: Select all

DefaultEditor=%COMMANDER_PATH%\plugins\wlx\AppLoader\a .. b.EXE
AppLoader doesn't like the " .. " in the filename
AppLoader
Default application not found:
F:\totalcmd\plugins\wlx\AppLoader\a .. b.EXE
Thanks
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

Download
[0.9.6.1a]
Fixed: Problems with applications whose names contain the point.
kvm75

very slow load

Post by *kvm75 »

I am finding the current version (>= 0.9.6.0) to be very slow compared to earlier versions. The older one opens almost instantly. I am using TC, 32-bit on Windows 7.

Here is my config:
;CONFIGURING PLUGIN BEHAVIOR
[Options]

;Specifies when the settings are read from this section:
; 0: only when the plugin is loaded into memory
; 1: for each access to the plugin
ReadOptionsEveryTime=0

;Enables control with Scroll Lock key:
; 0: plugin is always on
; 1: enable plugin by Scroll Lock key
ScrollLockControl=0

;Controls plugin executing depending on the type of window:
; 1: execute only in modal windows («Find Files», «Synchronize directories», Overwrite dialog)
; 0: execute conditions defined by keys FindFiles, SyncDirs, TCWindow, QuickView, Lister4, OverWrite
ModalOnly=0

;If ModalOnly=0, controls plugin executing (1: allow; 0: disallow):
; in window «Find Files»
FindFiles=1
; in window «Synchronize directories»
SyncDirs=1
; in main window of Total Commander
TCWindow=1
; with quick view
QuickView=1
; in Lister when activated view mode with plugins (key 4) or when switching between files (keys N and P)
Lister4=1
; in Overwrite dialog
OverWrite=1

;Controls plugin executing depending on the file extension:
; 1: execute only for files with extensions, defined in section Editor of file AppLoader.ini or in section Extensions of Total Commander configuration file (see key UseTCExtensions)
; 0: execute for files with any extension
IfIsExtOnly=1

;Specifies the action on the Lister window (including quick view) after plugin executing:
; 0: leave open
; 1: when file was extracted/downloaded from archive/FTP-server/WFX-plugin: normal Lister window – hide, quick view window – leave open; in other cases – close
; 2: close anyway
ListerState=1

;If ListerState=0:
;Specifies the behavior for the case where Lister is left open after plugin executing:
; 1: switch Lister to the next appropriate plugin
; 0: leave AppLoader in Lister
NextPlugin=1

;Defines how to pass command line parameters to the applications:
; 0: Parameters by application. Files divides into groups depending on association with applications. Starts separate copy of application for each group. Command line parameters gets from section Editor (key - full name of application)
; 1: Parameters by extension. Start type defined by key ParamsByExtMode
ParamsMode=1

;If ParamsMode=1:
;Defines how to pass command line parameters to the applications:
; 0: Files divides into groups depending on association with applications. Starts separate copy of application for each group. Command line parameters gets from section Editor (key that contains extension of first file in group)
; 1: Files divides into groups depending on extension. Starts separate copy of application for each group. Command line parameters gets from section Editor (key that contains extension of group files)
; 2: Starts separate copy of application for each file. Command line parameters gets from section Editor (key that contains file extension)
ParamsByExtMode=0

;Defines source of application associations by extensions:
; 1: section Extensions in Total Commander configurstion file
; 0: section Editor in file AppLoader.ini
UseTCExtensions=0

;When plugin execute in dialog «Find Files» this option allows to copy search text into the clipboard, if checked search option «Find text»:
; 1: enable function
; 0: disable function
CopySearchTextToClip=1

;If IfIsExtOnly=0:
; Default application. Name of the application which will run for file types (extensions) that do not have their own application
DefaultEditor=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Apps\Notepad2\Notepad2.exe

;NAMES AND COMMAND LINE PARAMETERS OF APPLICATIONS
;Read the help file for more information on this section.
[Editor]
reg,nfo,csv=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Apps\Notepad2\Notepad2.exe
ahk,au3,bat,c,cpp,h,hpp,java,js,php,pl,pm,py,sh,sql,vbs=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Apps\Notepad2\Notepad2.exe
xhtml,doc,docx,xls,xlsx=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Utils\UniversalViewer\Viewer.exe
ini,inf,conf,properties,xml=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Apps\Notepad2\Notepad2.exe
cbr,cbz,chm,epub,mobi,pdf,ps,xps=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Apps\SumatraPDF\SumatraPDF.exe

;HOT KEYS
;See list of key codes in file ReadMe\KeyCodes.html. If code is not defined hot key will not assign. Can be used both decimal and hexadecimal code values. For example, F12 – 123 or 0x7B.
;Available modifier values: A – Alt, C – Control, S – Shift. Sample: CAS – Control+Alt+Shift.
[HotKeys]

;Code of hot key (for example, 123 – F12), which can be used in Lister to open the file with associated application
AppFromLister_key=123

;Modifier for hotkey specified in the key AppFromLister_key
AppFromLister_mod=C

;Code of hot key (for example, 0x78 – F9), which can be used in Lister to open the file with associated in OS application
DefSysAppFromLister_key=120

;Modifier for hotkey specified in the key DefSysAppFromLister_key
DefSysAppFromLister_mod=C

;POSITIONS OF Total Commander INTERFACE ELEMENTS
;If CopySearchTextToClip=1 these keys used to search for interface elements by their location.
[TCPos]

;Position of top left corner of option «Find text» in dialog «Find Files» (for Total Commander 8.01: 5; 116)
IsSearchTextLeft=5
IsSearchTextTop=115

;Position of top left corner of field «Find text» in dialog «Find Files» (for Total Commander 8.01: 85; 114)
SearchTextLeft=85
SearchTextTop=113
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

2kvm75
Do not confirm. On two my PC (work (XP) and home (7)) all is quickly with your settings (I try with Universal Viewer).
Please try plugin on other PC?
Can you make video from your PC?
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

Download
[0.9.6.1b]
Fixed: Association of application with empty extension did not always work.
Fixed: With ReadOptionsEveryTime=0 did not work disabling of plugin with ScrollLock key in all cases except the first execution.
Fixed: At the first execution of plugin some applications have not been moved to the foreground.
kvm75

Post by *kvm75 »

Hi Maximus,
Thanks for the response. Sorry I could not reply earlier.
After some trial & error, I have identified the issue. If you see my configuration, I am having SumatraPDF as one of the viewers. This is causing the issue. I am not sure why though. Once I view any SumatraPDF, all subsequent views, even to simple notepad views, are very slow.
So I have just removed SumatraPDF for now and use it as a viewer separately. Not a big issue for me.
And I confirmed that the issue happens with older AppLoader and new, so I have moved to the new one.
Appreciate your efforts.
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

kvm75
That is good. The main thing that I am not guilty :)
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

Download
[0.9.6.2]
Added: 64-bit plugin version.
Changed: When searching for the Total Commander interface elements uses a range of values ​​plus/minus 5 pixels from the values ​​specified in the keys of section [TCPos].
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

Download
[0.9.6.3]
Added: Support plugin executing when starts Lister, dialogs “Find Files” and “Synchronize directories” without Total Commander main window (ie from command line with parameters /S=L, /S=F or /S=S).
Added: Key [Options], ListerDirectly=0: Controls plugin executing when starts Lister without Total Commander main window.