Shortcut 2.00 (Content plug-in)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

m^2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *m^2 »

Found a bug. To reproduce (XP x64):
1. Create C:\1 and C:\1\2 directories
2. Create a shortcut to C:\1\2
3. In C:\1\2 Properties dialog->security tab->Advanced uncheck 'allow inheritable permissions (...)'
4. In C:\1 Properties dialog->security tab remove all permissions, so nobody can access C:\1 (but C:\1\2 access rights stay fine).

Shortcut.wdx shows that C:\1\2, which the shortcut points to doesn't exist.
leopoldus

Post by *leopoldus »

2Lefteous
I also think I's better to have this, even if it's not always working (especially if it shows warning when it can't decode a hotkey)
OK I'll try to find an acceptable solution.
This discussion had place in 2007 Febr, yes, 6 years ago... But your plugin and this option is still actual now.

Dear Lefteous could you please release a promised version with re-enabled this functionality to display a shortcut's hotkey. Anyway "somehow" is better, than nothing.

Hope, the old source code is not lost, so it might not take very much time to put back the removed block.

Many thanks in advance!
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2leopoldus
I will continue to deliver some updates for my plugins when I have finished conversion off all plugins to 64 bit.
leopoldus

Post by *leopoldus »

2Lefteous
Thank you, I look forward for your update.
Dare to hope, that this time the processing will not take 6 years more ;), Well, a true Master will never become tired of making his masterpiece better and better...
leopoldus

Post by *leopoldus »

2Lefteous
Still being in hope to get somewhen an updated version of the Shortcut plugin, I'd dare to add one more feature reauest. Is it possible to make this plugin Unicode-compatible (regarding, that TC itself has already become Unicode-compatible many years ago).

Thanks in advance!
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Well as I have almost converted every 64 bit plugin there is some hope for an update.