Font - Font Lister Plugin for Total Commander

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Pete

Post by *Pete »

Hello Lefteous,

I knew, I have heard about this setting before, but I could not remember where to enable/disable.

In german: Lade Bitmaps als Grafik beim Aufstarten.

I have this option enganged, so I did not have these problems with font.wlx as kuddl described.

Aha, and LionTech told me once, that the font tables generated by his plugin are bitmaps ...

Thanks alot.
Pete
LionTech

Post by *LionTech »

Font.wlx 0.04 - Font Lister plugin for Total Commander

http://users.pandora.be/liontech/wlxFont.zip

This is a lister plugin for Total Commander that allows you to
display the glyphs and some additional properties of a font
in the Lister or the QuickView window of Total Commander.

It has only been tested with Total Commander 5.51 on Windows XP.

2003-08-13 Version 0.04

* Fixed a small offset bug in the Glyphs page.
* Fixed a synchronisation bug between the Unicode droplist and the left/right control.
* Added support for Windows raster and vector fonts.
* Added a label to the Info page describing the font type (raster, vector, TrueType)
* The scroll bar of the Glyphs page remains visible, even when not necessary, to prevent the grid from resizing. This should be
easier on the eyes when scrolling through a list of fonts.
* Added a zoom function. Click on a glyph with the left mousebutton to display a zoomed version.
* If a font can't be loaded an error message will be displayed on the Glyphs page.
* Converted this ReadMe file to HTML.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

can't get 0.04 working. Any ideas?
LionTech

Post by *LionTech »

Did any of the previous version work?
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

LionTech wrote:Did any of the previous version work?
...yupp but on another machine where vsnet 2003 is installed...

on the machine theres no vsnet2003 so I had to copy the ******* dll to

1) System32 dir or
2) Total Commander dir (plugin dir won't help here because windows does't look in the dir where the dll is but in the directory of the exe from which the dll is dynamically being loaded)

Pete mentioned this before, but the plugin worked immediately on machine 1 (the one with vsnet 2003 installed) so I didn't pay any attention to the :evil: dll.

:arrow: DLL hell!

As long as msvcrt71.dll isn't part of the os it should be linked into the exe/dll.
If I have do install a plugin this way it's useless to me.

Some words about 0.04: Very good! partitioning different aspects of a font file into tab sheets is an improvement to 0.02. The browsing between different unicode ranges is excellent now!

Just one to think about:
A proper error message appears when a file can't be loaded. But if a font is in use it can't loaded. How to view "arial.ttf"? I'm able to view the file with standard lister, but not using your plugin.

All I need now is localized german version: "Franz jagt im komplett verwahrlosten Taxi quer durch Bayern"... :)
Pete

Post by *Pete »

Hello Lefteous,

enable this "load bitmaps as graphics at startup" switch (Lade Bitmaps als Grafik beim Aufstarten).

Do several restarts of TC when You uninstall this plugin and when You install new version of this plugin using lister settings panel.

Check out where You have this msvcr71.dll. Remember, it must reside in the system32 or TC directory. And check if this is this original dll delivered with this plugin.

v004 once again is working perfect on my W2K SP4 without .NET framework, TC 5.51.

And then it should work.

Greets
Pete
oblomov

Post by *oblomov »

Lefteous wrote:Just one to think about:
A proper error message appears when a file can't be loaded. But if a font is in use it can't loaded. How to view "arial.ttf"? I'm able to view the file with standard lister, but not using your plugin.
It looks like the plugin opens the files in share deny mode ... strange, since it would only need to read the files so it shouldn't care if they are opened by somebody else ...
Pete

Post by *Pete »

Hello Lefteous, hello oblomov, hello LionTech,

Lefteous, You can add this localized sentence "Franz ..." to the lsplugin.ini at the [LionTech.Font] section.
Just use Parameter "Sampletext=Franz jagt im komplett verwahrlosten Taxi quer durch Bayern".

Lefteous, oblomov, I have no problem in viewing even loaded and opened font files. I created a dummy document in Word and wrote some sentences in various ttfs (arial.ttf, arialuni.ttf, batang.ttf). So these fonts reside now in memory opened.
I had no problems viewing these fonts at the same time with font.wlx. So I do not know about this "opening the files in share deny mode". Maybe check properties and security settings of Your fonts and Your font directory.

LionTech, after using the loupe feature, <ESC> for closing the plugin does not seem to work anymore. After changing tab it worked.

Greets
Pete
LionTech

Post by *LionTech »

Thanks for all the feedback.

Lefteous:

as Pete already said: no TTF problems here. I went through all the fonts in my Fonts directory and only 2 or 3 raster fonts didn't work. I will check what the impact is of statically linking the run-time (good tip! :idea:).

The error messages feature is not final yet. I'm still pondering on the correct way. You're right if there is a problem with a user interface font but I added the feature because sometimes a font wouldn't open and I didn't have a clue why.

Oblomov:

none of this "share deny" mode. The font has to be examined 'before' adding it to the system font list. But that occurs in simple "read only" mode.

Pete:

I will investigate the problem with <Esc>.

All:

is a localized version really necessary :?: ...?
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Pete

Thanks for the tip. It works fine. Couldn't find any informations about INI-Settings in the readme file... ;-)
Pete

Post by *Pete »

Good morning Lefteous, hello font.wlx users,

Lefteous, well, these ini settings are not official yet. And as You can see on the "options" tab, they are not implemented yet.

font.wlx users, does anyone of You use font.wlx and fileinfo.wlx (http://physio-a.univ-tours.fr/tcplugins/) at the same time? And if so, are there any problems with viewing .fon files?
These .fon files are executables and therefore they are viewed with fileinfo.wlx instead of font.wlx, even that I have font.wlx on first place (0=...\font.wlx) in [ListerPlugins] section in wincmd.ini.

Any clues for listing these .fon files correctly as fonts without disabling fileinfo.wlx?

Greetings from Bodensee (now raining, at least)
Pete
kuddl

Post by *kuddl »

Hi guy,
Installed Version 004 -> works great!
Just one remark:
when I open the Lister Dialog sometimes the FONT-Entry screws a bit!! I installed it a coupe of times and tried different thins (restarts etc.) but I coulnd't find any pattern on which the thing happens... [http://kuddl.com/tc/screenshot.jpg]
This is on W2k [sp3 German] @ work.
It does not happen @home on XP[SP1 German] and
just occurs at this plugin, even if i have installed about 8-12 Plugins at home!
But this Bug does not affect the funktionallity! IMO

Greez from the Bodensee[work where other spend their Holidays :=)]

2Pete
Greetings from Bodensee (now raining, at least)
Pete
Yes, what a relief!!!!! And hopefully the
water level rises a bit ! It's a pitty ! You can almost walk straight into Switzerland!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#73905 is THE key !!!
corny

Post by *corny »

You can almost walk straight into Switzerland!
Go and drink a cup of coffee with Christian ;-)
Regards,
Cornelis
Pete

Post by *Pete »

Hello kuddl, hello corny, hello font.wlx users,

kuddl,
thank You for Your screenshot. After taking a look and after searching in the lister plugin SDK help file, I have the font plugin now running with .fon files, too.

This is how my [ListerPlugins] section in wincmd.ini now looks like:
[ListerPlugins]
0=C:\Programme\TotalCMD\WLX\font.wlx
0_detect="ext="TTF"|ext="FON""
1=C:\Programme\TotalCMD\WLX\fileinfo.wlx

For now I have not detected this "screwing up of the FONT-entry" as You described above.
My environment: W2K SP4 (german), TC 5.51, font.wlx v004, MS .NET Framework not installed.

corny, kuddl,
yes, finally there is a chance of rising water level again. If You wanted to swim, You had to walk for almost 1 km for reaching corresponding depth of water. ("Ab einer Wassertiefe von einem Meter hat der Soldat selbstaendig mit Schwimmbewegungen zu beginnen." :)) Therefore no direct walk to Switzerland to visit Christian and have a cup of coffee with him. But his home town is not too far away from the lake Bodensee.

Have a nice day,
Pete
kuddl

Post by *kuddl »

Well that's my section:
[ListerPlugins]
0=C:\Programme\wincmd5\plugins\tail\Logtail_plugin.wlx
1=C:\Programme\wincmd5\plugins\doc\listdoc.wlx
2=C:\Programme\wincmd5\plugins\font\Font.wlx
2_detect="ext="TTF" | ext="FON""

But somehow mine screws ! I tried to put the lister plugin as 0 .. didn't help..
Mybe my TC has problems.. So I am waiting for TC 6 !!! :=)))
*zaunpfahlwink*@Christian
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#73905 is THE key !!!