Alternative Quick Search

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ricnar456

Post by *ricnar456 »

the ini is in C:/windows, but i start total commander with right click, RUN AS ADMIN, the plugins don´t inherit the priviledges of TC?

ricnar
jaco

Program update

Post by *jaco »

Hi there,

@ricnar456
I have tried to reproduce your error, on a clean XP install, created a user account..ect. , but with no luck :-(
(I did manage to crash TCqsp though when there is no access to the ignore list, added a decent warning message)
I could not find the images, have you removed them already?
(after a few days, and a few posts you can post links)

About permissions...
Configuration->Change Settings Files Directly
opens the settings files in notepad.
If you'll just try file->save , you will see soon if you have access or not.
Try the same with the button bar while you're at it, drag a program om the button bar, if you have no access, you will get another error.

@wolf.b
You have done an impressive amount of digging :-)
The ignore list only works on TC 7 though, so there was no need to check older versions really.
There are 2 additional considerations though:
1) you can have the same directory left and right, so you will have 2 TMyPanel's showing the same folder. (Checking the color of the TMyPanel should do the trick, the active one, has the active color)
2) you can choose vertical arrangement from the show menu, to show the file panels, well vertically like, so the x-y position needs to be checked too.

Program update:
The update is still at the same place:
http://www.geocities.com/jacokwak/TCQSP.html
The update is recommended for all users

changes:
--- version 2.3:
[*] bug fixed: crash when cheatSheet.txt not found
[*] fixed: when the ignorelist was off on program start, this status was stored
in the ini file and could never be changed again.
[+] deactivate files in the ignorelist when TCqsp is called with filtering off.
The user defined files in the ignore list are listed in this case now.
[+] detect write access to ignore list, exit with a warning message if we don't have access

Grtz,
Jaco
wolf.b

Post by *wolf.b »

Hi jaco,

Thank you for your reply. I realize, that IgnoreFileList was introduced with TC version 7. But I was just curious about the consistency of control class names between different versions. I have updated to TCqsp v2.3 and can confirm that the state of current usage is properly stored in both cases, ON and OFF. Thank you for the update.

I hope that I don't bother you too much, but now, when I start TCqsp.exe with IgnoreList OFF, I notice that in the inactive panel (which is affected by my entries) the files disappear for a fraction of a second, then reappear (for clarification: only the files mentioned in my tcignore.txt). I wonder if your tool could first patch the IgnoreFileList, and afterwards post a message to TC to use it? The decribed flashing in the inactive panel might be avoided then. Because no flashing appears in the active panel on activation of TCqsp. This is just a guess, and of course entirely cosmetic.
Am I guessing right that you don't intend to change, what zhv has called the notepad-style interface (in post from Fri Oct 05, 2007)? But to tell the truth, I think that TCqsp is now functioning perfectly. :D Thanks again.

Greetings to all.
ricnar456

yes i remove

Post by *ricnar456 »

yes i remove the images, both was one complete week in my server, but next i try changing the location of the ini,, i tell you if there a change.

thanks
ricnar
jaco

Post by *jaco »

@ricnar456
I would like to hear how that works out, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

@wolf.b
The flashing is unavoidable unfortunately I need to switch the ignore list off and on to signal TC that a change in the list has been made.
This causes two refreshes in the file panel. You can minimize the flashing by making the re-reading of files as fast as possible of course, I mean switching off some of the options under the icons section in configuration->icons if you are not using these much.

I will probably change the looks of the application to look more like the original quicksearch as requested by zhv and you. I noticed it looks terrible when using xp-themes. :(
I will add the 'start position in the appropriate panel' option too, since it's researched anyway. :-)
And I hope to add an install to the next version too.

Don't expect anything soon though, I don't do much windows-GUI programming and it is slow going (but fun).

grtz,
Jaco
ricnar456

Sorry

Post by *ricnar456 »

i reinstall my PC for others problems and have one only user now, i cannot try now, sorry

ricnar
jaco

cosmetic update

Post by *jaco »

Hi,

No big changes, just an update to make it look a little better. :D

--- version 2.4:
[+] save window position is now optional, if not used the window is positioned in the
active file panel in the same position as the original TC quicksearch window
[*] changes in window style:
right-click on/near the word search or alt-space: brings up the menu now.
a left-click and drag can be used to move the window
[*] made input mixed case (reg.expr. uses case sensitive switches), type lowercase letters when using reg.expr.
[+] self installer, installs hotkey CS-Q
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Please remove tcqsp.ini from archive and create it only when necessary from the Exe (when not existing).

Icfu
This account is for sale
jaco

Post by *jaco »

thanks for the tip :-)
I made the change!
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Thanks.

More things:
1. "Normal escape" setting isn't remembered.
2. ESC doesn't close, probably related to 1?
3. App ignores system colours/theme, also a strange artifact is created on the GUI after right clicking and choosing any option:
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2002/tcqspke4.png

Edit:
2. collides with an AHK script I am using, but I am sure that TQSCP has worked with it before. I'll have to further examine that...

Icfu
This account is for sale
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

App ignores system colours/theme
Confirmed - it has almost, but not exactly the same background color as TC, see http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/tcqsp.png and it looks a little peculiar when used in the right panel, see http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/tcqsp2.png
also strange artifacts are created on the GUI after right clicking and choosing any option
I cannot confirm that.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
jaco

Post by *jaco »

2icfu

I corrected the normal escape setting, this should take care of item 1 and 2 on your list.
I don't know about the strange artifact yet, I'll test it on some other systems tonight. Perhaps i'll just add an extra refresh.

2petermad

The colors are possibly a little off because the app doesn't support XP-themes.
I don't know what i'll do about that. :?
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

I cannot reproduce the artifact anymore, probably it was a side effect of some underlying window... If I should encounter it again, I'll try to find a reproducable way.
The colors are possibly a little off because the app doesn't support XP-themes.
It also doesn't support classic colouring. The background is always white.
A former version of your tool had correct colours in classic mode IIRC, am I wrong?
I don't know what i'll do about that.
Maybe that helps (URL code doesn't work):

Code: Select all

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa289524(VS.71).aspx
Icfu
This account is for sale
jaco

Post by *jaco »

Hi,

I fixed the 'strange artifact' error and the coloring.
It turns out I didn't quite understand the way it worked in windows. :(

I hope you like this version better. :D

grtz,
jaco
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2jaco
Looks great now :-)
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar