F4Menu for all v0.58

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

dott

Post by *dott »

byblo wrote:Err... How can I edit a file into an archive if F4Menu.exe closing just after running the selected editor, making TC deleting too earlier the temporary file before editing ? :?
I can edit a file into an archive without problems and after that tc ask me if i want to update the archive
byblo wrote:Another bug : Selection menu appears at the position of
the [Current file] & [Mouse cursor] functions are inverted.
I can not reproduce this bug
Probablemente no
Shanny

Post by *Shanny »

2 byblo
byblo wrote:Nice program. Here is the french translation F4Menu010French.zip
Thank you!
A little request : Could you try to set a new way to open a editor ? In some rare cases (like HexWorkshop or PaintShop Pro7) the editor open in normal window mode when it should open in maximised mode
Ok, I will add this feature.[/quote]
TCEE, TCPP, F4Menu -- Shanny
byblo

Post by *byblo »

dott wrote:I can edit a file into an archive without problems and after that tc ask me if i want to update the archive
Well, I'll have to deal with EditWaitTime set to 2 and the focus stealing popup... What a pity :s

A solution to avoid this would be to make the F4MenuEditor to check if one of the given path are contained into %temp%, and making it waiting for the secondary editor, just like ChoiceEditior does. But it could involve some trouble for a multiple editor. Nevermind.
Shanny wrote:Ok, I will add this feature.
Thank you :)
Shanny

Post by *Shanny »

dott wrote:
byblo wrote:Err... How can I edit a file into an archive if F4Menu.exe closing just after running the selected editor, making TC deleting too earlier the temporary file before editing ? :?
I can edit a file into an archive without problems and after that tc ask me if i want to update the archive
If you edit a file into archive, F4Menu will try to wait for the eidor exiting, maybe there still are some problems, I'll verify it later.
byblo wrote:Another bug : Selection menu appears at the position of
the [Current file] & [Mouse cursor] functions are inverted.
I can not reproduce this bug
Seems this issue depends on the language, I'll fix it in next release.
thank you both
Shanny

Post by *Shanny »

A solution to avoid this would be to make the F4MenuEditor to check if one of the given path are contained into %temp%, and making it waiting for the secondary editor, just like ChoiceEditior does. But it could involve some trouble for a multiple editor. Nevermind.
yes, F4Menu already do this check. thanks
eugensyl
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *eugensyl »

Here is the Romanian translation: F4MenuRomanian
Thank you!

I had used AppLoader with OpenFileTC or ChoiceEditor as default editor.
Now F4Menu doesn't work with it.
Can you see what's up with that?

This is the line in AppLoader.ini :
DefaultEditor=%commander_path%\prg\F4Menu\F4Menu.exe

With this application (AppLoader.ini) I can open in Edit mod a file with proper application anywhere in a view window (F3), however when I try to use Ctrl-F4 in order to edit the file I get the following message : "80=Please use Total Commander shortcut key F4 to launch F4Menu.\n\nYou can set it by Configuration -> Options -> Edit/View -> Editor for F4." even if the right application was already set in F4Menu.
My Best Wishes,

Eugen
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Some more requests...

1. New shortcuts: Del removes editor, Shift+Del removes editor without confirmation.

2. Enable Drag&Drop to create new entries.

3. A third open mode: Open all files by sending a listfile, like %L.

4. An internal parameter to decide at what position of the command line the transfered files are inserted. Some applications expect files after the exe, some in the middle of parameters, some at the end.

5. Please change the editor index to always use two digits, this is important when sorting the INI sections alphabetically. Natural sorting isn't supported always...

Code: Select all

[Program00]
[Program01]
[Program02]
[Program10]
Icfu
This account is for sale
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

Thanks for this gem! Finally I dared to try it.
A funny bug:
When I choose Other program, and cancel all subsequent dialogs, an empty [Program0] section is created in the ini file. This shows up in the Settings as well, where I cannot delete it.
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

One serious problem:
Editing a file on the ftp panel is impossible. When TC sees that the editor process has been finished (this time F4menu.exe), it deletes the temp file, so by the time my editor is called, the temp file is deleted.
ChoiceEdit solved this problem in a way, for ftp edits, it stayed resident until the called editor was terminated.
ZoSTeR
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ZoSTeR »

It would be nice if F4 would also open the default editor, so you could just double tap F4.
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

ZoSTeR wrote:It would be nice if F4 would also open the default editor, so you could just double tap F4.
What if you set a default editor?
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

Hungarian translation:
Hungarian (magyar).lng
Last edited by SanskritFritz on 2007-09-20, 12:36 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
TucknDar

Post by *TucknDar »

SanskritFritz wrote:One serious problem:
Editing a file on the ftp panel is impossible. When TC sees that the editor process has been finished (this time F4menu.exe), it deletes the temp file, so by the time my editor is called, the temp file is deleted.
ChoiceEdit solved this problem in a way, for ftp edits, it stayed resident until the called editor was terminated.
Agree... I didn't really like ChoiceEditor's way of handling of this, since I use Virtual windows and I couldn't switch windows when ChoiceEditor was doing it's stuff...
license #76904
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

What is Virtual windows and why does CE pose problems switching windows??!
TucknDar

Post by *TucknDar »

SanskritFritz wrote:What is Virtual windows and why does CE pose problems switching windows??!
Virtual Windows (or V. Desktops) are sort of invisible extra desktops, you can have some applications open in one desktop, and other applications in another desktop, then switch between desktops. Think multi-monitor setup without the extra monitors ;) Possibly not the best explanation you've heard, but take a look at Wikipedia and an example of this sort of application: http://virtuawin.sourceforge.net/ (note that I don't use VirtuaWin, it's just an example).

I have no idea why CE pose problems with it though...
license #76904