F4Menu for all v0.58

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

More bugs/requests:

4. The tooltip (when hovering menu items) ignores "InfoText" value from HKCU\Control Panel\Colors\ and paints text always as black instead.
5. Editors which are not assigned to the currently marked extension(s) also show up in menu by default. ChoiceEditor hides those while still leaving them accessible with the lower right arrow button in the menu or by pressing ESC+F4 which reopens the complete menu with all editors.

What about adding a menu entry which toggles between "show all editors" and "hide unassigned editors"? Also I would prefer to see ESC+F4 functionality like in ChoiceEditor instead of making it start the first assigned editor.

Icfu
This account is for sale
Shanny

F4Menu v0.13

Post by *Shanny »

http://www.shanny.com.cn/F4Menu.html

2007-09-16 v0.13
ATTENDTION!
In this verion, the format of ini file is changed.
please run INI_to_v013.exe to update ini before your start.

Add: Highlight single file selectoin by F4 and also un-hl when F4Menu exit (thank zhuangv@newsmth, xuanqing@newsmth)
Add: Use the FileDescription as default editor name (thank nevermind@DRL)
Add: update Ini format (thank icfu@tc)
Add: Add language file Danish.lng (thank petermad)
Add: Add language file Dutch.lng (thank RolandD)
Fix: the default ini file is renamed to F4Menu.ini.template, and use %programfiles% as initial path (thank icfu@tc)
Fix: Cannot work on the search result list
Fix: Use "MS Shell dlg 2" as default dialog font(thank icfu@tc)
Fix: remove three preset shortcut from selection menu(&A,&S,&O)
TCEE, TCPP, F4Menu -- Shanny
Shanny

Post by *Shanny »

to icfu
4. The tooltip (when hovering menu items) ignores "InfoText" value from HKCU\Control Panel\Colors\ and paints text always as black instead.
well
5. Editors which are not assigned to the currently marked extension(s) also show up in menu by default. ChoiceEditor hides those while still leaving them accessible with the lower right arrow button in the menu or by pressing ESC+F4 which reopens the complete menu with all editors.

What about adding a menu entry which toggles between "show all editors" and "hide unassigned editors"? Also I would prefer to see ESC+F4 functionality like in ChoiceEditor instead of making it start the first assigned editor.
in F4menu, the associcated editors are highlighted on menu, which are also visible for user, that's not a big issue.
Certainly, if user has lots of editors, that may still be a problem, I'll do this work later, how about use F4 as the shortcut key? press F4 to show all, press again to hide unassociated. haha
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Nice progess so far! :)

The INI structure is better now. What I originally thought about was to use the program name as section name and to add the sorting index as additional entry, like that:

Code: Select all

[HiEditor]
Sort=1

[PSPad]
Sort=2
This way the INI file can easily be edited in lister plugin IniEd and other standard INI editors which show section names on left side. Anyway, if you don't have desires to switch it again: Ok! ;)

Ok, here is another request for wishlist:
In Windows starting from XP (I guess) it's possible to assign multiple extensions to single "PerceivedType".

Maybe you can transfer this concept to F4Menu like that:

[PerceivedTypes]
video=avi,mpg,mpeg,wmv,etc...
text=ini,lng,cpp,etc...
audio=mp3,ogg,etc...
Then, in addition to entering single extensions the user can just enter "video" for an editor and all work is done.

Edit: Instead of "video" of course something like ">video" to prevent confusion with single extensions.

Icfu
Last edited by icfu on 2007-09-16, 17:31 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
This account is for sale
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Certainly, if user has lots of editors, that may still be a problem
To give you an impression:
I am using ~50 programs in ChoiceEditor... ;)

What you can already do now maybe is to show all currently assigned editors (which are painted in bold) to the top of menu?
well
Not sure if you got that right, here is a screenshot:
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/5100/f4menuyk6.png

Black on dark blue... ;)
press F4 to show all, press again to hide unassociated
A toggle? Good idea! :)

Icfu
This account is for sale
Raymond

Post by *Raymond »

icfu wrote:The INI structure is better now. What I originally thought about was to use the program name as section name and to add the sorting index as additional entry, like that:

[HiEditor]
Sort=1

[PSPad]
Sort=2
This way the INI file can easily be edited in lister plugin IniEd and other standard INI editors which show section names on left side.
I like this idea.

Nice work by the way.:)
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Edit: I have removed the link to totalcmd.net because Ergo still hasn't fixed his FTP...

Icfu
Last edited by icfu on 2007-09-22, 19:59 UTC, edited 3 times in total.
This account is for sale
samoht

Post by *samoht »

@icfu

http 404: nicht gefuden!

samoht
Shanny

Post by *Shanny »

2petermad
petermad wrote:Danish translation can be found at
There is an extra character (it looks like an I or an L or a |) at the end of the language description in the Options dialog.

The current language is not chosen when I open the Options dialog - so if I don't re-choose the language, F4Menu will default to English when pressing OK.
Are these bugs still exist in latest release?[/b]
Shanny

Post by *Shanny »

2 icfu
What I originally thought about was to use the program name as section name and to add the sorting index as additional entry, like that:

[HiEditor]
Sort=1

[PSPad]
Sort=2
actually, I think it's infeasible, since such section names is unknown for app, so it cannot go through all editors.

[PerceivedTypes]
video=avi,mpg,mpeg,wmv,etc...
text=ini,lng,cpp,etc...
audio=mp3,ogg,etc...
A very useful suggestion, I'll implement it in furture version.
Thanks ag![/b]
Shanny

Post by *Shanny »

icfu wrote:Deutsches Menü, noch nicht vollständig übersetzt (German menu, not yet translated completely):
http://icfu.totalcmd.net/TC/Tools/F4Menu_German_Translation.zip

totalcmd.net FTP is down ATM, so redownload later for the latest version...

Icfu
got it, thx so much!
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

There is an extra character (it looks like an I or an L or a |) at the end of the language description in the Options dialog.
This bug is still existing, probably because options menu doesn't use MS Shell dlg 2 till now...

Another request:
Please use OK/Cancel instead of Yes/No in deletion confirmation dialog, so it can be closed with ESC. Or, add Cancel as button number three, like in TC deletion confirmation.

Icfu
This account is for sale
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

The font in the "F4Menu Options" dialog is still very big and bold.

There is still an unknown character in the end of the language name in the "F4Menu Options" dialog.

The "F4Menu Options" dialog still shows English as chosen language when the dialog is opened - no matter what the current language is.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Shanny

Post by *Shanny »

petermad wrote:The font in the "F4Menu Options" dialog is still very big and bold.

There is still an unknown character in the end of the language name in the "F4Menu Options" dialog.

The "F4Menu Options" dialog still shows English as chosen language when the dialog is opened - no matter what the current language is.
I just made a silence update for you, please try again,
http://www.shanny.com.cn/download/F4Menu_v0.131.zip

2 icfu
This release also fix tooltips bug and replace YESNO by OKCANCEL for you.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

The extra char is still there:
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/3111/f4menual5.png
This release also fix tooltips bug and replace YESNO by OKCANCEL for you.
Confirmed! :)

Icfu
This account is for sale