DirSizeCalc 2.22 (content plugin)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Markus Schebsdat

Post by *Markus Schebsdat »

benutzt Du für die Berechnung die Daten von Everything, wenn es im Total Commander so eingestellt ist, oder lässt die immer aus dem Dateisystem errechnen?

Bei mir dauert der Wechsel in große Verzeichnisse immer mal ewig und ich hatte gehofft, mit den Daten von Everything sollte es sehr schnell gehen.

Do you use everything for the calculation if it is set in the total commander, or does it always calculate the data from the filesystem?

With me, the change to large directories always takes forever and I was hoping that with the data of everything it should go very quickly.
Markus
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Markus Schebsdat
DirSizeCalc berücksichtigt derzeit ein im TC konfiguriertes Everything nicht. Die Routinen im Plugin sind viel älter als die Everything-Integration in TC.
Markus Schebsdat

Lefteous wrote:2Markus Schebsdat
DirSizeCalc berücksichtigt derzeit ein im TC konfiguriertes Everything nicht. Die Routinen im Plugin sind viel älter als die Everything-Integration in TC.
OK, danke für die Info.
Ist ja wirklich schade. Ich brauche andauern Größen von Verzeichnissen und es dauert leider alles immer recht lange.
Markus
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

Markus Schebsdat wrote:Ich brauche andauernd Größen von Verzeichnissen und es dauert leider alles immer recht lange.
Vielleicht hilft Dir ja diese Information.
HISTORY.TXT wrote:23.08.17 Added:
Configuration - Options - Operation: Option to use "Everything" to get directory sizes via Alt+Shift+Enter and/or spacebar.
Needs recent Everything version with folder size index enabled (32/64)
Konfigurieren - Einstellungen - Operation - Ermittle Platzbedarf von Unterverzeichnissen: [x] 'Everything'.
Mit ALT+Umschalt+ENTER bzw. Leertaste kann der Platzbedarf von Verzeichnis(sen) ermittelt werden.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ansichtsmodus (lt. Beispiel auf Seite 29 unten) + Auto Modus wechseln ermöglichen die Berechnung sogar automatisch.
Beispiel:
Ansichtsmodus (Konfigurieren - Einstellungen ...)
- Name: Platzbedarf von Verzeichnissen
- Befehle auto-starten: *cm_CountDirContent

Auto Modus wechseln (Konfigurieren - Einstellungen ...)
[x] Bei Verzeichniswechsel automatisch Ansichtsmodus wechseln (anhaken!)
- Regel: D: Verzeichnis
- Diesen Modus setzen: Platzbedarf von Verzeichnissen (<- den Namen Deines Ansichtsmodus auswählen)

D.h. immer wenn in ein Verzeichnis gewechselt wird, wird bereits automatisch der Speicherbedarf aller Unterverzeichnisse ermittelt
(cm_CountDirContent).

Wenn dieser Ansichtsmodus mit Auto Modus wechseln auf einen anderen bereits vorhandenen Ansichtsmodus mit Auto Modus wechseln trifft,
dann ist gegebenenfalls eine Priorisierung beim Auto Modus wechseln vorzunehmen, d.h. die Reihenfolge zu ändern.
TC geht die Liste der Regeln von oben nach unten durch, und wendet die erste an, die zutrifft.
Gruß,
Karl
Markus Schebsdat

Das ist ja super.
Klasse Tipp, so bekomme ich wirklich recht schnell die Größen angezeigt.

Vielen Dank für die Mühe . . .
Markus
city_zen

Re: DirSizeCalc 2.22 (content plugin)

Post by *city_zen »

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before. I ran a couple of searches for this issue but couldn't find any reference
The problem I'm facing is that DirSizeCalc crashes when it finds files with too long paths in any directory. I mean files with path length over 260 characters (or whatever it is the old/current path length limit in Windows)
I know that TC itself can handle those files with too long paths since version 7.50 approximately, but I'm wondering if DirSizeCalc can handle them, or if there is any way to allow it to handle those files

The error message is "Crash in plugin DirSizeCal.wdx Stack Overflow"

Thanks
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2city_zen
Strange. Just like TC itself DirSizeCalc should handle path with up to 1024 characters with ease and may not crash with longer paths.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Would it be possible to have fields FileCount and DirectoryCount that only consider the current dir, i.e., exclude all subdirectories to not count recursively?
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Yes, open the settings tool, add a custom field with the desired content and uncheck the 'recursive' option.
banelinde

Post by *banelinde »

Hi there.

I'm using DirSizeCalc v2.22 and everythig is five.

But when I use it under superWDX v2.4 and TC v9.12 on winXP sp3 32bit,
is shows besides the file or size count an extra unwanted field with the
same values with decimals.

Image: http://solair.eunet.rs/~branko.velickovic/screen.jpg

Any idea how to solve this ?

Regards.
Banelinde
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

I don’t really know what SuperWDX is doing. DirSizeCalc returns a special formatting to Total Commander. Maybe SuperWDX returns this special formatted value and but also its numerical equivalent.
I guess you need to contact the author of SuperWDX to get detailed information on its behaviour.
EvilQoo

Post by *EvilQoo »

Hi Lefteous, is there any way of set the Column view configured with extension count ? (Count number of *.jpg) ??
Your current one is File Count (count number of files)

Thanks.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2EvilQoo
Hi, sorry currently there no such option.
david34

Post by *david34 »

its that possible to use this excellent plugin to see the 10 (or 20 etc.) biggest files on the drive?
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

david34 wrote: 2021-04-29, 06:16 UTC its that possible to use this excellent plugin to see the 10 (or 20 etc.) biggest files on the drive?
This question is answered with Everything in a second but never with this plugin.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64