SVNDetails - TortoiseSVN content plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

thein

Post by *thein »

New Version 1.31 available at http://mitglied.lycos.de/svndetails...

Version 1.31 (090326)
CHANGE: TSVNCache.exe will be automatically started if not running
(Thanks to tufftaeh for idea to do so ;-)

Version 1.30 (090325)
CHANGE: SVN Status text now configurable via contplug.ini
(Thanks to Klaus Fülscher for feature request ;-)
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Using TortoiseSVN 1.56 32 bit and 64 bit on Vista x64 I get always 0 as revision. I'm using SVNDetails 1.31 here.

Strangely there are three instances of TSVNCache.exe running. One is 64 bit. The other is 32 bit.

Any idea?
thein

Post by *thein »

What about the other SVNDetails columns? Are they displayed correctly?

Please kill all running TSVNCache processes and change directory in TC to SVN working copy. The 32bit TSVNCache process should be restarted then. Do you see correct SVN revision number now?
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

What about the other SVNDetails columns? Are they displayed correctly?
SVN Revision is always 0
SVN Prop Status is displayed correctly
All other fields are empty.
Please kill all running TSVNCache processes and change directory in TC to SVN working copy. The 32bit TSVNCache process should be restarted then. Do you see correct SVN revision number now?
Unfortunately that didn't help.

Something else. Is it possible to display the current version's date in a column? Just seeing the local file date isn't very helpful.

Thanks in advance :-)
thein

Post by *thein »

Maybe there's a conflict when both (x86 and x64) versions of TortoiseSVN are installed. Could you please try uninstalling all versions und install just 1.5.9 x86?
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2thein
Seems there had been and still is some Tortoise chaos on my system. There had been 1.59 (32 bit) and 1.61 for both 32 bit and 64 bit. Now there is only 1.61 32 bit left and there are still no meaningful column values. When uninstalling the 64 bit version I don't get TortoiseSVN context menu items which is quite strange :shock:
thein

Post by *thein »

That's the reason - SVNDetails 1.x is compatible with TortoiseSVN 1.5.x ONLY! Because some interfaces have changed, nearly all columns are not filled correctly when used with TortoiseSVN 1.6.x.

I've created a project on SourceForge.net where you can find the latest (development) release - please see http://sourceforge.net/projects/svndetails/...
zweistein

Post by *zweistein »

Something I didn't quite realize: you can get SVNDetails to filter files, as in Tortoise's "Check for modifications" window.

Show > Custom... , press Define... , tab Plugins, add rules as shown here (the rule for "None" is required to exclude files underneath svn-ignored directories)

Then press Ctrl-B (Commands > Branch View) to get a recursive list of all modified/added files. But no folders at all and no deleted files. Bummer.
thein

Post by *thein »

"Commands - Branch View" does not display any folders even if it is not filtered using a custom view and SVN deleted files are - in contrast to SVN deleted folders - physically deleted so there's nothing to be displayed in both cases...
thein

Post by *thein »

2Lefteous
Have you already tested the latest version? Do you still have problems using SVNDetails?
zweistein

Post by *zweistein »

I have no problems at all using SVNDetails. It worked perfectly, right from the start. Thanks for all the effort you put in.

I just wanted to share that one can use it for more than showing custom columns. It can't quite replace "Check for modifications" because, as you wrote, that's too much to ask from TC to begin with. But it does add the full context menu and all other TC features, that you don't get in "Check for modifications".

When you're not in Branch View but with a custom filter, it's a pity that the custom filter applies to files only and not to folders. But I guess that's just how TC implements it. It's called "Show > All Files" and such, not "Show > All Files & Folders".
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2thein
Have you already tested the latest version?
Yes it seems to work fine - thank you!
Reza

Post by *Reza »

Hi!

I use SVNDetail 2.0 on TC 7.50 PB6 and win XP SP3

In custom columns view configuration page, svndetails menu apears.
BUT! does not show any svn shell columns to use for a column :(
I tried to use svn shell columns such as [=svndetails.SVN Text Status] , [=svndetails.Text Status] , ... manually in Field contents. This column is shown in view Very :P BUT it is empty :cry:

thanks for any help
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

I use SVNDetail 2.0 on TC 7.50 PB6 and win XP SP3
Which SVN version are you using along with SVNDetail 2.0 ?
#5767 Personal license
Reza

Post by *Reza »

TortoiseSVN 1.6.3, Build 16613 - 32 Bit , 2009/06/20 09:28:19
Subversion 1.6.3