7Zip Plugin Continued ...

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

The only problem with Total7zip I have is that it opens PE files (so it overrides e.g. SFX archives), but it can be disabled in config file (any format may be disabled there). But I use it only as browser/unpacker, for packing I use 7-Zip shell extension.
gora

Post by *gora »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Btw, where can I find a sample archive with this "Delta filter"?
Links: 1, 2
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Thanks for the sample files. Interestingly, the internal 7zip unpacker of TC is able to unpack these files. I compiled the dll from 7zip sources, so it should be possible to unpack with plugin too if it is compiled with current 7zip sources.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
gora

Post by *gora »

Sfx modules Igor is also made of its current sources, but a bug with unpacking Sfx archives made with DELTA filter had the place to be.
MaxX
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MaxX »

7zip new final is released.
Could someone update WCX plugin now?
Ukrainian Total Commander Translator. Feedback and discuss.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Any problems with unpacking archives made with new 7zip with internal TC unpacker?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
gora

Post by *gora »

TC do not open multivolume 7z archives.

Ctrl+PageDown - >
---------------------------
Total Commander
Error in packed file d:\7-Zip.7z.001!
ОК
1QZE8TEIE

Post by *1QZE8TEIE »

to anyone, just let me get this straight: for now there are no tc plugin (inner one / 7zip plugin, continued & previous / total7zip / sevenzip; x86 or x64; or at least *.zip) that fully supports timestamps and can fill [=tc.accessdate] and [=tc.creationdate] columns for files and folder?
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

1QZE8TEIE wrote:to anyone, just let me get this straight: for now there are no tc plugin (inner one / 7zip plugin, continued & previous / total7zip / sevenzip; x86 or x64; or at least *.zip) that fully supports timestamps and can fill [=tc.accessdate] and [=tc.creationdate] columns for files and folder?
Timestamps are saved as necessary.
On restore the modification date is restored.
The creation and access date is of course the date of restoring.
Thats done by the OS and even the actual WinRAR can not restore this dates
even when selected in the restore options !
1QZE8TEIE

Post by *1QZE8TEIE »

Horst.Epp wrote:!
thanks for reply, but something apparently misguided you. second attempt: I don't have any setup affection and ready for any variant (old, less functional or problematic version and so on) to get certain feature (to see stored creation and access timestamps when dive in .7z or .zip archive as folder with tc just as I see them when open an archive directly in 7zip; winrar, afair, doesn't care about this nuance at all)
Tichij

Post by *Tichij »

dllee wrote:Maybe when 7Zip has a new stable version, I will try to update the plugin.
dllee, Please... :)
#49857 Personal licence
Windows 10 Pro 64bit. TC 10.51 32 + 64bit
MaxX
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MaxX »

7zip is stable now.
Any news?
dllee

Post by *dllee »

Sorry that I did not have time to update 7zip plugin, since the last update. I know there is new stable version 16.04 of 7-Zip, but the source code can not directly update (since version 9.21+), the 7zip plugin code needs to modify to use the new objects of the new 7-Zip source. Someone need to dig into the source code for the upgrade. And to be honest, I'm not good in VC++, I used to use Borland C++ Builder. MFC stuff is a little bit hard for me. I still using TC with 7zip plugin every day, and also hope it can support new de/compress methods, but the time is the issue... sorry for that...

About the TimeStamps, they are important for me, so there are options to keep TimeStamps in 7zip, and 7zip plugin can restore those time for files when unpack if the 7z contains those time info. The plugin interface to TC only has FileTime attribute in tHeaderData/Ex/W data structure, so no plugin can return Create/AccessTime back to TC. Maybe need to define some Reserved[] in tHeaderDataEx/W to store Create/AccessTime by ghisler, and need to update all packer plugins to support this.

About internal TC 7zip unpacker, it can not compare the content with others, this is the big problem to me. And really hope there is internal TC 7zip packer in TC9 :wink:
dllee

0.8.0.0 alpha test

Post by *dllee »

You can find the new 7zip plugin that uses 7-zip version 16.04 source code from:
https://sites.google.com/site/dlleetw/7zip

Current status should be useable and almost the same as 0.7.6.5 and the compress options are different from 9.2x, but I just use the same as old version, may be this cause plugin hang during compress files when set the compress mode to LZMA2 and using thread more then 3.
Before 0.7.6.5, the LZMA2 only allow max 2 threads, and in this alpha test, also allow max 2 threads, but in 7-zip 16.04, it can allow max 32 threads for LZMA2. Because I always use LZMA2/Ultra for my daily backup process, if it can use more threads it will speed up the backup jobs. I will still try on this issue. For current alpha test, also only allow max 2 threads for LZMA2.

The Delta Filter is added, so it can decompress the sample file that gora provided. And because the compress options are different, maybe there are still bugs hiding some where, so test only, not for your important data backup.

Do you really using all of the compress method? 7-zip already remove Deflate/Deflate64 from the 7z compression, should I remove them?
MaxX
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MaxX »

I use default LZMA, LZMA2 (with default BCJ, Delta...) for 7z files.
Is there any sense to pack *.7z file with Deflate? Only *.zip should be used for this case.