7Zip Plugin Continued ...

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I've put your updated version to totalcmd.net
Thanks a lot! Please contact me by e-mail (beta at ghisler dot com) for the reward.
And about "Synchronize directories" to two .7z files or one .7z file to another zip file or directory, is it possible to compare by content? or does the WCX plugin interface need to enhance to let it possible?
Currently this isn't supported with archive types which support solid archives - the files in the sync tool are in a different order than in the archive, so it would be very slow to compare. I'm already solving this for RAR by re-ordering, but this doesn't always work with plugins.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
dllee

Post by *dllee »

ghisler(Author) wrote: Currently this isn't supported with archive types which support solid archives - the files in the sync tool are in a different order than in the archive, so it would be very slow to compare. I'm already solving this for RAR by re-ordering, but this doesn't always work with plugins.
I do re-ordering directory in 7Zip Plugin, does it make this possible?

or if the WCX plugin interface

int __stdcall GetPackerCaps(); add PK_CAPS_REORDERING 1024

and the plugin will return the file order that TC need... does it make this possible?

BTW, if using TC8, the feature [v] reorder directory list in 7Zip Plugin is no need, since TC8 fixed the directory date/time problem.
if using TC7 and Configuration -> Display -> Sorting directories with (*) Like files (also by time), that need the feature for fixing directory date/time when extracting directories.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Try beta 8, it does the re-ordering automatically! In the case of two 7zip archives, TC now gets the SHA1 checksums of the files in the right archive first, and then compares them with the checksums of the files in the left archive.
dllee

Post by *dllee »

2ghisler(Author)
Great :D It works :D

Now "Synchronize directories" for 7z is the same as zip :D
can compare two 7zs, one 7z one zip, one 7z one dir :D :D
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for testing!
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

dllee wrote:Now "Synchronize directories" for 7z is the same as zip :D
can compare two 7zs, one 7z one zip, one 7z one dir :D :D
After having eliminated a pretty trivial little error introduced by performing a manual plugin update incompletely I tend to agree.

Karl
gora

Post by *gora »

2dllee
I open a fix, for example, NDP40-KB2473228-x86.exe by Ctrl+PageDown. I find the file necessary to me (NDP40-KB2473228.msp) and copy (F5 or drag and drop) it in the opposite panel. What error doesn't produce, and at drag and drop at the cursor it is displayed "+", but the file isn't unpacked. The archiver he can be unpacked without problems.
With fixed another packaging method, for example, NDP40-KB2599651-x86-x64.exe problems don't arise.
iana

Post by *iana »

@gora
I open a fix, for example, NDP40-KB2473228-x86.exe by Ctrl+PageDown.
Those are sfx cab archives the 7Zip Plugin doesn't support them, it only supports 7z and 7z sfx archives, those could be opened by tc's internal cab unpacker, multiarc via mscab or total7zip you should check what's opening them and repost your problem at the appropriate thread.
gora

Post by *gora »

2iana
it only supports 7z and 7z sfx archives
Where is this written? In readme written:
- Extraction & compression (7-Zip 9.x compatible methods)
2 tc80x32beta15.exe - this is not 7z sfx, but it unpacked
3 If the 7Zip Plugin does not support unpacking CAB sfx, then:
- why he can enter into such an archive?
- why is there no error message when unpacking such an archive?
iana

Post by *iana »

(7-Zip 9.x compatible methods)
yes 7-zip files with a 7z header Hex (37 7A BC AF or 7zјЇ) while MS packs their updates in their own cab format (4D 53 43 46 or MSCF) the fact that the 7zip file manager or 7z.dll supports MS-CAB unpacking (which is written in the 7-zip help file) doesn't mean the 7-zip plugin does, cabs are supported in total7z as it uses Igor's 7z.dll, tc supports cab unpacking via CABRK.DLL or you can use multiarc +the mscab.exe for full cab support.

2. tc80x32beta15.exe is a zip sfx and is unpacked internaly by tc without the need for the 7zip.wcx

3. The 7zip plugin doesn't open cab files tc does it via CABRK.DLL or multiarc.wcx+mscab.exe or Total7zip.wcx+7z.dll (the one from Igor's File Manager)
TC without any wcx plugin can unpack: zip (zip sfx), arj (arj sfx), rar ( rar sfx), cab (cab sfx), ace (ace sfx) tar and gzip files it does it with the help of external dll's:
like CABRK.DLL, TCUNZLIB.DLL, UNACEV2.DLL, UNRAR.DLL

From your comments you probably don't have multiarc or total7z and the problem might be with CABRK.DLL, post your wincmd.ini file and the sfx archive that's causing problems mr. Ghisler might take a look at it but do it in a new thread as it's not a 7zip.wcx problem

from tc's help file
Total Commander has built-in unpackers for ZIP, ARJ, LZH, .RAR, .TAR, .GZ, .CAB and .ACE files.
NDP40-KB2473228-x86.exe is a cab file (.net 4.0 update) you can see the cab header MSCF at offset A400, some time ago MS introduced Binary Delta Compression (BDC) Technology for use in their updates, delta cabs can't be unpacked with any regular cab unpacker that's why you're getting errors with that file.
For more info read:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=1562
iana

Post by *iana »

OK another update TC can open the cab (I used total7zip+7z.dll)
yes there is a problem with tc's internal cab unpacker and mscab.exe the problem seams to be with the packed folders that have no name but only appear as dots (.) see image

Image: http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9393/clipboard01iu.png

but the msp (a format that also uses mscab for compressions) file in the cab uses BCD and can't be unpacked.
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

Hi!

I've created Hungarian translation for 7Zip WCX-plugin v0.7.6.5a.
You can download it by clicking here: http://bluesoft.hu/software/others/7Zip_lng_HUN.zip (mirror: rapidshare)

Thanks for this nice plugin & keep up the good work. :D

Greetings,
Bluestar
» Developer of Total Updater & extDir utility.
Supergudrun

Post by *Supergudrun »

Hello,

I'm new to this board, so please be ingludent ...

While using TC8Beta18 in connection with the 7zip plugin 0.7.6.5a I opened a 7zip-file and edited a included txt-file. When I safed the file, tc crashed with the following message:
Error in packer plugin "7z" calling PackFileW for "filename.7z"! Please report this error to the plugin author!

The reported error is:
Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000
Is it a bug or because of my (unchanged) settings of the plugin?

Under x64 I have the same problem, but I get no error message. TC only crashes.

Has anyone here an idea?
Viele Grüße
Supergudrun
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Address 0 means that either an outdated dll was loaded, or the dll wasn't found at all. Which Windows version do you use?
Supergudrun

Post by *Supergudrun »

Win7 SP1 ultimate is used in both cases (x86 and x64). Which dll i do you mean?

7Zip v9.20 is installed in each case.
Viele Grüße
Supergudrun