7Zip Plugin Continued ...

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

theosdikaios

Post by *theosdikaios »

2Duny
Hint: The "Encrypt" checkbox of Total Commanders pack dialog is greyed. Since Total Commander version x.xx (I dunno) a packer plugin can use this ability too. See TotalSQX plugin.
"Since there are many things which have never happened and never will happen,
and which nevertheless are clearly conceivable, and imply no contradiction,
how can one say they are absolutely impossible?" Leibniz
jjk

Post by *jjk »

Hi Dunny
Thanks for your job.
Now I'd like to have an other feature : when I check on the "Keep using the password more than once" checkbox, the choosen pwd is written clearly in 7zip.ini, which is not very confidential.

Could you crypt this password ?
TIA
Duny

Post by *Duny »

jjk wrote:Hi Dunny
Thanks for your job.
Now I'd like to have an other feature : when I check on the "Keep using the password more than once" checkbox, the choosen pwd is written clearly in 7zip.ini, which is not very confidential.

TIA
crypt password with another password?
Duny

Post by *Duny »

theosdikaios wrote:2Duny
Hint: The "Encrypt" checkbox of Total Commanders pack dialog is greyed. Since Total Commander version x.xx (I dunno) a packer plugin can use this ability too. See TotalSQX plugin.
This is done by plugin config dialog
Duny

Post by *Duny »

petermad wrote:Well - if I dont choose a file time setting, I get this date:

28-12-1957 10:51 :!:

It seems to just use random data from memory. If I close TC and start again I get another invalid date.
Can you tell what 7-zip program shows in this archives?
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2theosdikaios

You are right, I was using TC 7.50b12. If I use TC 7.04a I see the same 00.00.1980 00:00 date and time as BH reports.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
BH

Post by *BH »

Hi Duny.

7zFM shows create date correct. Also after dearchive, Tc shoiws dates correctly. I mean... :)
AndyM

Post by *AndyM »

AndyM wrote:Hi Duny,

thanks for adding the sfx-option.

Deleting of files and folders works well with V0.6.3 .

Some other small bugs:
- If the archive contains files with a length of 0 bytes Total Commander crashes with an access violation when extracting these files.
- If you create a solid archive containing files with an exe-extension the archive will contain several streams instead of 1.

Additions:

1. 0-Byte-files: With V0.6.4 you can extract 0-byte-files, if the archive was created with 7zip-manager. But if you use your plugin for packing there's still the access violation.

2. solid streams: This issue is also evident, if you use 7Zip-Manager V4.65 for packing a solid archive!
jjk

Post by *jjk »

Duny wrote:
jjk wrote:Hi Dunny
Thanks for your job.

TIA
crypt password with another password?
No, with an algorithm that only the app knows. Yes I know that in this case it would not be very secure, but I prefer a bad security than not at all. Because currently, anybody can know easily the password used in every crypted .7z simply reading the 7zip.ini.
It seems to me that there are means to crypt internally some text with an internal algorithm, then to use the reciproque alogorithm to decrypt the text and for example use it as keycode for another crypting process.
jjk

Post by *jjk »

2 Dunny
Another request please : I'd like to have a mnemonic mean to remember my password when decrypting.
Can you put that request in your todos.

TIA
DRP535

Post by *DRP535 »

I'm having some trouble understanding the English translations of the instructions in the plug-in. Can somebody please tell me what "File attributes to store then packing" means?

Also, I assume that selecting "solid" as the "Solid Block size" will yield the smallest archive size. Is that correct?
theosdikaios

Post by *theosdikaios »

Can somebody please tell me what "File attributes to store then packing" means?
i.e. "Put this file attributes into archive", if not then this attribute is not stored. E.g. see the discussion about "date" above.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2DRP535
"File attributes to store then packing"
I guess I should have been:

"File attributes to store when packing" - there's a typo.

Also, I assume that selecting "solid" as the "Solid Block size" will yield the smallest archive size. Is that correct?
There is also a kind of typo there:
http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=164764#164764
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
DRP535

Post by *DRP535 »

Okay, so it means that only files with the checked attributes will be included in the archive. So for ALL files to be included as the default, then all four boxes need to be checked?

If that is the case, then a much better wording would simply be "Include files with the following attributes" and then have the four check boxes underneath.
petermad wrote:There is also a kind of typo there:
http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=164764#164764
Yes, I saw that but I was rather referring to the implementation of the setting rather than its layout or presentation in the plug-in dialog.
theosdikaios

Post by *theosdikaios »

it means that only files with the checked attributes will be included in the archive.
Nope. All files will be packed but the unchecked attributes will be not. Only the attributes but not the files will be removed.