DarkCryptTC - Total Commander now is the best encryptor!!!

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

I like that plugin but I'm wondering who may need all that ciphers ?
I think average users will not know about most of them and can't prove the correct implementation.
There are only a few used in the public.
alexanderwdark

Post by *alexanderwdark »

Horst.Epp wrote:I like that plugin but I'm wondering who may need all that ciphers ?
I think average users will not know about most of them and can't prove the correct implementation.
There are only a few used in the public.
Yes, most users need only AES (Rijndael), Twofish, etc. But it's very interesting to implement others, because most of them is very fast and strong, such as enrupt by Ruptor...

P.S. Version of 30.06.2008 has full ciphers list (vesion 28-29 don't supports some)

New: added support for BBC cipher (Big block cipher - 256K block, 96 bit key)
alexanderwdark

29.06.2008 Added Ruptor's Enrupt (512 bit and in CBC mode), RSA-Enrupt (Assymetric PGP-type), Seal (128 bit, CBC), Mir (128 bit).

Download page

Direct link of encryption plugin
Last edited by alexanderwdark on 2008-07-02, 18:27 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
alexanderwdark

02.07.2008 Added some stream ciphers (Trivium (80 bit), Decim (128 bit), Edon80 (80 bit), Sfinks (80 bit) and others), advanced by-hand key seed generation for RSA assymetric ciphers and fixed key generator (simply for user - by random mouse moving).

Download page

alexanderwdark

03.07.2008: New ciphers added, some fixes also.

Download page

Last edited by alexanderwdark on 2008-07-03, 15:41 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
alexanderwdark

03.07.2008: Added many powerfull symmetric block ciphers, such as Crypton (256 bit, CBC), Decorrelated Fast Cipher - DFC (256 bit, CBC), Hasty Pudding Cipher - HPC (256 bit, CBC), Magenta (256 bit, CBC), E2 (256 bit, CBC), Deal (256 bit), Frog (256 bit), RC6-256 (256 bit, AES source), MBC2 (128 bit, CBC), Modular Multiplication based Block cipher - MMB (128 bit, CBC), MMB2 (128 bit, CBC), Safer+256 (256 bit, CBC, AES source), etc.

Download page

pakiyabhai

Post by *pakiyabhai »

this is rather a small request for ur program.

I am stuck using a program called zerofootprint crypt , a freeware (frm baroufasoft) , it has one amazing feature I am yet to find.

It can decrypt a file temporary to the memory and when i am done viewing the file , mostly images or txt files ,i can just close the program and move on and no cycle of encrypting them again.

Would it be possible to implement something like this in your program. i can decrypt file temporary , view them using the internal tools ,maybe photo images and when done , abracadabra gone ...
alexanderwdark

pakiyabhai wrote:this is rather a small request for ur program.

I am stuck using a program called zerofootprint crypt , a freeware (frm baroufasoft) , it has one amazing feature I am yet to find.

It can decrypt a file temporary to the memory and when i am done viewing the file , mostly images or txt files ,i can just close the program and move on and no cycle of encrypting them again.

Would it be possible to implement something like this in your program. i can decrypt file temporary , view them using the internal tools ,maybe photo images and when done , abracadabra gone ...
Total Commander decrypts to temporary folder and asks to pack again modified file, it's already implemented.
pakiyabhai

Post by *pakiyabhai »

this is little embarssing but how do i use ur program ?
I install it as tc detects it and installs it ,after that what ?

how do i encrypt/decrypt the file , i looked at the whole topic and no how to for the newbie :oops:
alexanderwdark

pakiyabhai wrote:this is little embarssing but how do i use ur program ?
I install it as tc detects it and installs it ,after that what ?

how do i encrypt/decrypt the file , i looked at the whole topic and no how to for the newbie :oops:
It's very simple, after installing select pack from File menu (Alt+F3), select XDC extension from packer combo box, press OK.

Then in packer dialog enter the password, press ok.
Then confirm the password (if password isn't hidden, no confirmation done).

File is encrypted. To decrypt file just enter to archive as folder (as zip, rar) and unpack it. Password will be asked.

XDC - is total commander packer plugin archive format, see how to work with packer in TC in TC's help.

All settings of XDC plugin You can see in packer settings when You select xdc (or tar.XDC) packer.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

2alexanderwdark

Did you know that you could get into very big troubles with your government for writing crypto software? See:
http://rechten.uvt.nl/koops/cryptolaw/cls2.htm#ru
1. Export/ import controls
A license is required for the importation of encryption facilities manufactured abroad. The export of cryptography is subjected to a tightened state control. Importers and exporters need licenses by the Ministry of Trade. Russia has signed the Wassenaar Arrangement, but does not implement the (pre-December 1998) General Software Note; its regulations are more stringent than the Wassenaar Arrangement.

2. Domestic laws and regulations
On 3 April 1995, president Yeltsin issued a decree prohibiting unauthorized encryption. State organizations and enterprises need a license to use encryption (for both authentication and secrecy, for storage as well as transmission). Other enterprises and organizations using uncertified cryptography do not receive state orders. The Central Bank shall take measures against commercial banks that do not use certified cryptography when communicating with divisions of the Central Bank.
The development, production, sale, implementation, or operation of cryptography without a license is prohibited. Apparently, a license is also required for all users for using cryptography.

Licenses are issued by the Federal Security Service, FSB, in which the former FAPSI (the Federal Bureau for Government Information, a former department of the KGB) was integrated in 2003. The license process is based on internal regulations.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
alexanderwdark

There is no troubles with our government, but if state agency, state enterprise, or banks, etc. need using such software or hardware,or author want's to sell it, wants make any service or any commercial things with it, it needs to be licensed in FSB.
Last edited by alexanderwdark on 2008-07-24, 18:31 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Nigurrath

Post by *Nigurrath »

Hi, one request. Is it possible to move all the dll into a separate folder? Would be better. If already possible how can I do it?

thanks in advance
always latest 32b TC on a WIN10 64b
alexanderwdark

Nigurrath wrote:Hi, one request. Is it possible to move all the dll into a separate folder? Would be better. If already possible how can I do it?

thanks in advance
Now all dlls loads from plugin directory. In new release, maybe, I move it to some sub-directory.
alexanderwdark

24.07.2008: Added KolchCrypt encryption algorithm (self-made, 1 hour made idea only, just for education at this stage, 512 bit, CBC mode, 512 bit block). See algoritm sources on my site.

Download page

P.S. kolch encryption algorithm