DarkCryptTC - Total Commander now is the best encryptor!!!

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

alexanderwdark

Post by *alexanderwdark »

Simply get last version of plugin, turn off "disable header enryption" checkbox and enter in "file header" box any non-readable binary header.
romulous

Post by *romulous »

alexanderwdark wrote:Simply get last version of plugin, turn off "disable header enryption" checkbox and enter in "file header" box any non-readable binary header.
Nice :D Setting the options thusly:

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/8360/options.jpg

makes the header text un-human readable. For maximum security, randomly change that file header for each file you encrypt, so that two separately encrypted files don't have the same text in the header (which they will do if you have the same header for each file you encrypt).

Thanks alexanderwdark.
alexanderwdark

romulous wrote:
alexanderwdark wrote:Simply get last version of plugin, turn off "disable header enryption" checkbox and enter in "file header" box any non-readable binary header.
Nice :D Setting the options thusly:

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/8360/options.jpg

makes the header text un-human readable. For maximum security, randomly change that file header for each file you encrypt, so that two separately encrypted files don't have the same text in the header (which they will do if you have the same header for each file you encrypt).

Thanks alexanderwdark.
Romulus, random header for each file, is very nice, but it's one moment - to decrypt same file header must be entered. Header ID format is HEX string.
alexanderwdark

Try also today version of DarkCryptTC, turn on new "masked header" option.

If header encryption is cheked and masked header turned on file will looks like as total random data. For each new file header id will be new (look as new), and for each new file header descriptor will be encrypted with new key and iv.
alexanderwdark

05.08.2009: Support for LZMA compressor. One can select dictionary size and fast bytes value.
alexanderwdark

Unique feature added!

Plugin now can hide it's container in NTFS stream of any file. This file will leave unchanged. Only its record in NTFS will contain new stream - secret data. Of course, this data can be in any of DarkCrypt's format: XDC, Stego Image, WAVE, etc. (Stego Text/HTML/DOCX/ODT/HTML at this moment supports only Russian / Ukrainian / Cyrillic text hiding)

How to use secret file mode?

1. Check "create secret file" in settings.
2. Crypt to any format
3. Select any file when asked
4. To open, use Ctrl + PageDown in TC

Latest version
romulous

Post by *romulous »

alexanderwdark wrote:Romulus, random header for each file, is very nice, but it's one moment - to decrypt same file header must be entered. Header ID format is HEX string.
Whoops! Luckily the files I encrypted were test files, as I would not have been able to decrypt them (when I typed in the headers, I just mashed the keyboard at random, so I have no idea what headers were used for each file). :shock:

CM
alexanderwdark

romulous wrote:
alexanderwdark wrote:Romulus, random header for each file, is very nice, but it's one moment - to decrypt same file header must be entered. Header ID format is HEX string.
Whoops! Luckily the files I encrypted were test files, as I would not have been able to decrypt them (when I typed in the headers, I just mashed the keyboard at random, so I have no idea what headers were used for each file). :shock:

CM
Yes, header must be same. But, if it's no stego and no "masked header" option, you can make one fixed header in all files with HEX editor.
alexanderwdark

10.09.2009 Bugfix release for DarkCrypt engine. Fixed stego-modes. It's good idea to update plugin and DarkCrypt GUI.
alexanderwdark

27.09.2009 External simmetric text keys filtration to printable. Symmetric crypto users need to regenerate external text keys, old saved text (.txt) keys are incompatible with new build. Simple text passwords and assymetric keys works without modification. Both DarkCrypt and DarkCrypt GUI are updated.
alexanderwdark

17.11.2009: New build with some fixes (string ciphering routines error handling). Support for usage in Notepad++ text editor using my NppDarkCrypt plugin. DarkCrypt GUI clipboard encryption with new DarkCryptTC core now is more stable
besieger

Post by *besieger »

alexanderwdark, could you add an option to hide the file names in the container?
your random name option does not restore the original file name when extracting.
If I'm wrong I'm very sorry.
alexanderwdark

besieger wrote:alexanderwdark, could you add an option to hide the file names in the container?
your random name option does not restore the original file name when extracting.
How to hide file name? Before decryption, when opening archive, getting file list, my plugin must give some file list to TC. I have some ideas, but it's to so useful.
besieger

Post by *besieger »

alexanderwdark wrote:
besieger wrote:alexanderwdark, could you add an option to hide the file names in the container?
How to hide file name? Before decryption, when opening archive, getting file list, my plugin must give some file list to TC. I have some ideas, but it's to so useful.
Could you make it so that the name inside the container is hidden until a password is entered so that one can see the file without extracting it?
alexanderwdark

besieger wrote:
alexanderwdark wrote:
Could you make it so that the name inside the container is hidden until a password is entered so that one can see the file without extracting it?
I.e. when you enter in archive you see some random name, when you extract (with valid password or key), you get real file name? Or you need some special option - "show hidden file name" to decrypt hidden names by password.