DarkCryptTC - Total Commander now is the best encryptor!!!

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

alexanderwdark

Re: DarkCryptTC - Total Commander now is the best encryptor!

Post by *alexanderwdark »

04.08.2008: Added KolchCrypt II and KolchCrypt III encryption algorithms (512 bit, CBC, 512 bit block). Some fixes in CRC32 routines.
alexanderwdark

18.08.2008: Added strong BWT ABC data compression (optional)

Download
alexanderwdark

New algorithms:

ARIA, Mercy, Raiden, Leviathan, MacGuffin, Py, Pypy, TPy, A5 (educational, from GSM), VigerePlus (just idea, see sources)

Download
Nigurrath

Post by *Nigurrath »

could I insist again in moving the dlls into a separate subfolder? The dlls in the current distribution are indeed really a lot and the result of current installation is a dll hell into the TC plugins folders.. thanks!
alexanderwdark

Nigurrath wrote:could I insist again in moving the dlls into a separate subfolder? The dlls in the current distribution are indeed really a lot and the result of current installation is a dll hell into the TC plugins folders.. thanks!
Plugin installs default to:

%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wcx\DarkCryptTC

dlls are in plugin directory, not all plugins directory.

i.e. You can install plugin, such as other plugins to plugin sub-directory, not all plugins to one directory.

Moving plugins to it's directory - good idea. :)
Phallos

GUI for wcx files

Post by *Phallos »

Here in Sweden we have a very nasty new law called FRA-law. The authority have an opportunity to spy on the citizens and we have to learn encryption. I dont know if the darkcrypt plugin is a stronger encryption than PGP but i hope so. Now i just need to find out a way to distribute darkcrypt. As small as possible.

Is it possible to make a GUI for a WCX file? Just "from file-to file"
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

[mod]Merged with the thread GUI for wcx files.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
alexanderwdark

Re: GUI for wcx files

Phallos wrote:Here in Sweden we have a very nasty new law called FRA-law. The authority have an opportunity to spy on the citizens and we have to learn encryption. I dont know if the darkcrypt plugin is a stronger encryption than PGP but i hope so. Now i just need to find out a way to distribute darkcrypt. As small as possible.

Is it possible to make a GUI for a WCX file? Just "from file-to file"
Rijndael, Twofish - very strong algorithms. For puplic key encryption you can use RSA-Rijndael, RSA-Twofish, etc. algorithms.

Plugin has lots of strong ciphers included (based on free public source codes).

Simple GUI for DarkCryptTC

DarkCrypt GUI source code (ppmpacktc archive)
Phallos

Thanks

Post by *Phallos »

Thanks alexanderwdark! You are the man!

I GUI my grandma can use!

:-)

Great! It seems to be portable to.

Tomorrow there are protestdemonstrations i Stockholm against this stupid law. I hope we can stop it
alexanderwdark

Re: Thanks

Phallos wrote:Thanks alexanderwdark! You are the man!

I GUI my grandma can use!

:-)

Great! It seems to be portable to.

Tomorrow there are protestdemonstrations i Stockholm against this stupid law. I hope we can stop it
It's portable. My respect - society needs freedom!
alexanderwdark

Re: Thanks

You can use new version (09.16) - see old link!
Phallos

Translation

Post by *Phallos »

I can help with translations of Darkcrypt and other plugins. I have Swedish translations of Total Commander, Total commander Ultima Prime and the evil twin: Unreal Commander. Start to learn Russian and Borland Delphi also

8)
alexanderwdark

Re: Translation

It's so nice, thanks! I have plans to add Swedish support to darkcrypt - but time is problem to recode it's translation functions..

P.S. - Russian - is very great language 8)
Phallos

They dont listen

Post by *Phallos »

They dont listen to the criticism about the new law. We have a different situation here in Sweden from 2009. I dont know how the law works in other European countries but this is beginning to look like a nightmare. All bordercrossing information can be read by the authorities. This is not a problem for me, but somebody should be able to read the encrypted file also. Thats why im looking for a way to distribute encryption software to my friends and relatives. Darkcrypt seems like a good start...
alexanderwdark

Re: They dont listen

Phallos wrote:They dont listen to the criticism about the new law. We have a different situation here in Sweden from 2009. I dont know how the law works in other European countries but this is beginning to look like a nightmare. All bordercrossing information can be read by the authorities. This is not a problem for me, but somebody should be able to read the encrypted file also. Thats why im looking for a way to distribute encryption software to my friends and relatives. Darkcrypt seems like a good start...
Every authority needs and likes to have access to all citizen's data - in many countries works some special laws...