SQLite lister plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ctiberg

SQLite lister plugin

Post by *ctiberg »

Hello!

Does such a thing exist? I moved to using this database a couple of weeks ago, and found a great program for viewing the files, but a TC plugin would be even better :)

And yes, I know that there is support in some DB plugin or other, but that was using ODBC - I don't want that, thank you very much :)
Best regards,
Christian Tiberg
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

IIRC there is no plugin for SQLite only.
I know that MP3Commander plugin is using this database format. Maybe try to convince the author to write something for lister ;)
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

ctiberg

Post by *ctiberg »

Hmm.. I just realized that there's a free version of DISQLite for use in non-commercial projects.. I think that I'll download that, and make a plugin myself :) Thanks for your input anyways :)
Best regards,
Christian Tiberg
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

2ctiberg
Support for publishing. It would be awesome to see some features shown in demos in lister's window.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

ctiberg

Post by *ctiberg »

That post was too brief, or over my head. I didn't understand a single word of it. Please elaborate!
Best regards,
Christian Tiberg
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

2ctiberg
I thought that it would be nice if you could implement good SQLite viewer with features which are visible on DISQLite screenshots or written on description page.
After reading comparison between free and pro versions I've changed my mind (i.e. FOREIGN KEY SQL Clause limits).

Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

XBaseView is able to handle SQLite if an appropriate ODBC driver is installed.
ctiberg

Post by *ctiberg »

Lefteous wrote:XBaseView is able to handle SQLite if an appropriate ODBC driver is installed.
Yeah, I know - but that was exactly what I said I didn't want :)

I've abandoned my project, DISQlite Personal was simply too limited to work with.
Best regards,
Christian Tiberg
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2ctiberg
I'm sorry that I overlooked that you are not interested in an ODBC based solution.

I will try to build a Lister plug-in that displays SQLite database files as this is a very interesting technology used in more and more applications.
ctiberg

Post by *ctiberg »

Lefteous wrote:2ctiberg
I'm sorry that I overlooked that you are not interested in an ODBC based solution.
No problem :)
Lefteous wrote:I will try to build a Lister plug-in that displays SQLite database files as this is a very interesting technology used in more and more applications.
Please make it editable, and not too slow with datasets of some thousand rows - that was the problems I found with DISQLite....
Best regards,
Christian Tiberg
Lev

Post by *Lev »

I've found some SQLlite lister plugin sources on http://www.hiasm.com/xf/topic.php?t=8313 (Russian language). I compiled it just for amusement and uploaded it to
http://rapidshare.com/files/109772558/wLx_SQLLite.rar.html. You can try it.
ps Since I don't understand anythyng neigher on SQL nor on HiAsm, I cannot comment it's work and correct possible bugs.
ctiberg

Post by *ctiberg »

Lev wrote:I've found some SQLlite lister plugin sources on http://www.hiasm.com/xf/topic.php?t=8313 (Russian language). I compiled it just for amusement and uploaded it to
http://rapidshare.com/files/109772558/wLx_SQLLite.rar.html. You can try it.
ps Since I don't understand anythyng neigher on SQL nor on HiAsm, I cannot comment it's work and correct possible bugs.
Well, I tried it now, after some time. It did nothing for me, just sat there. Whatever I typed into the SQL boxes, nothing happened. Nowhere to choose a table to view, which would be most natural. All in all, a no go :(
Best regards,
Christian Tiberg
ctiberg

Post by *ctiberg »

Lefteous wrote: I'm sorry that I overlooked that you are not interested in an ODBC based solution.
Quick explanation in order, I think. What I want is being able to locate the SQLite file itself in TC, and then press F3. Whatever happens after that is irrelevant, as long as it brings up the file I wanted. It can use ODBC or telepathy, no problem :)
Lefteous wrote: I will try to build a Lister plug-in that displays SQLite database files as this is a very interesting technology used in more and more applications.
Any progress with your project?
Best regards,
Christian Tiberg
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Any progress with your project?
No unfortunately not.
Lev

Post by *Lev »

The new version of the same plugin - http://rapidshare.com/files/199194020/wLx_SQLLite.rar.html.
Compiled with sqlite3.dll embedded in it, no need to have it in the PATH, but the size of a plugin became larger.
Supports passing of 1-7, Esc, etc.
Better work in QuickView mode (Ctrl+Q)
I don't remember whether I corrected the detect string in the plugin itself, if plugin reacts on thumbs.db etc., set the detect string to - "EXT="DB" & [0]="S" & [1]="Q" & [2]="L""