LinkInfo: Lister plugin for viewing/editing LNK files

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Strogg
Hmmm... That's bad... :( Unfortunately I cannot test it on all systems, I tried it only on WinXP and Win200 and it worked properly. Maybe there is a difference in the OS kernel (9x and NT) that is used in my plugin. I'll try to find it, but it is difficult to do something about it without Win9x installed. :(
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Editor window should open at cursor position, at the same position where 'Edit' becomes visible after right clicking.
That 'switching to the middle' is very confusing.

Nice development till now. :)

Icfu
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Icfu
And if curdor is out of the window? ;) Where then should context menu appear?
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

When cursor is 'out of window' there's no chance to right click on it. Am I missing something? *confused*

Icfu
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Icfu
You didn't understand :) We talk about key Contest Menu, that is on the keyboard - and where context menu should appear if someone press this key. If he right-clicks then of course menu appears near the cursor.

icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Well, no, right now when I right click (with mouse) on the lister window, 'edit' appears at cursor position but when I click 'edit' the LinkInfo Box appears in the middle, that's confusing.

When pressing context key (on keyboard) the middle of lister window is surely a good intuitive place. I think so although I would use the context menu key only when my mouse is out of order. ;)

Icfu
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

icfu wrote:I would use the context menu key only when my mouse is out of order. ;)
Icfu
Take my mouse in this case - I don't need it, I use it only when an operation is inaccessible via keyboard :-)

It's a good solution to open theedit window in the place where you click with a mouse and in the middle of the Lister window when you use keyboard.
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
poiuytr

Post by *poiuytr »

I have got Access Violation error all the time when i press [...] button near "Icon file:" editbox in editor (win2k).

When i press context key on my keyboard popup menu appears in left upper corner of the screen (no matter where Lister is)!

I guess it is impossible to show pictures in standart RichEdit (talking about the icons).
jdmarch

Post by *jdmarch »

I just downloaded and auto-installed LinkInfo 1.2. The following lines now appear in my wincmd.ini, section [Lister Plugins]:
2=Y:\totcmd\plugin\LinkInfo\LinkInfo.wlx
2_detect=force | (ext="LNK")
But when I press F3 on a LNK file, the normal TC lister is invoked.
Since you are all using this plugin, I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what.

Ideas? Thanks.
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

poiuytr
That's strange... Now I tried here on Win2000 - it really crashes, but at home on WinXP it worked well. I'll try to find where bug is.
jdmarch
Are you using Win9x? There is incorrect work under Win9x. :( I cannot debug the plugin under this system as I don't nave it on my computer, but soon I'll set it up and it will be possible to corret such errors.

jdmarch

Post by *jdmarch »

No, I'm using Win2000 SP4. Thanks for your fast response!
poiuytr

Post by *poiuytr »

jdmarch wrote:I just downloaded and auto-installed LinkInfo 1.2. The following lines now appear in my wincmd.ini, section [Lister Plugins]:
2=Y:\totcmd\plugin\LinkInfo\LinkInfo.wlx
2_detect=force | (ext="LNK")
But when I press F3 on a LNK file, the normal TC lister is invoked.
Since you are all using this plugin, I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what.

Ideas? Thanks.
My wincmd.ini lines looks like

Code: Select all

6=C:\Program Files\totalcmd\Stuff\LinkInfo.wlx
6_detect="force | (ext="LNK")"
Note the "" in second line!
jdmarch

Post by *jdmarch »

> Note the "" in second line!

Sorry for the inaccurate report. I had removed the quotes to see if that would fix the problem.

But the plugin has no effect whether the quotes are present or not.
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

jdmarch
And what if you delete the line 2_detect?
By the way, what are the plugins 0 and 1? Maybe they interfere with LinkInfo...

jdmarch

Post by *jdmarch »

The problem is the same even if LinkInfo is plugin 0 and there are no other plugins.

If I delete the _detect line, it is automatically re-inserted as soon as I press F3 on any file.

Other lister plugins I've been using successfully:
IEWebLister.wlx
SynUs.wlx
DBLister.wlx