LinkInfo: Lister plugin for viewing/editing LNK files

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2icfu

AFAIK you cannot choose different editors by file extensions - only different viewers.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

You are right, misunderstanding from my side. Good idea to extend that functionality to editors as well.

Icfu
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

icfu
I've tried to download the program, all was OK. The thing is that this is a bad hosting, it is necessary to download from it with browser, not download manager. Try to use IE.
I've uploaded the file on my main hosting but it don't like to and from traffic abroad. Try to use this link, maybe it will work.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

It worked last night, thx. I use Opera, no download managers.
Your hoster doesn't seem to like accesses from outside Russia, maybe some bandwidth limitation. Sometimes download of zip works, sometimes a html site is presented.

Very nice and probably unique program.

To make it perfect:
Add 'Load and edit old-lnk files' capability
Integrate in your lister plugin. ;)

Anyway, even as a standalone application it will be very useful to me, thanks very much.

Icfu
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Icfu
I use Opera too, but sometimes I cannot download files from narod.ru with it. But Internet Explorer makes it easyly almost anytime.
About the program: Load&Edit is the next feature that I want to add to the program. I just don't know how much time it will take so I placed on the site the first "half-working" variant of the program.
The integration with the plugin is a great idea! Thanks! I think, it is much better than making an additional plugin for editing :) Fro example, someone right-clicks in the Lister window and choose "Edit" from context menu. And my program appears... ;)
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Well, Link Maker 1.1 is now ready! Unfortunately, I cannot upload it on my main host, so try to download the file from here: http://flint-inc.narod.ru/Products/MakeLink_1.1.zip
If there are any problems, try to use Internet Explorer with disabled all download managers!

In this version when someone opens a link file, all the dialog fields are filled in with the link data, so this can be named not as Link Maker, but as Link Editor ;) But I don't like to rename ready programs. Plugin integration is not ready now, but I hope it will come soon.
Enjoy! :)
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Very nice. App is ready to be uploaded to some freeware archives I think.
What about a rename to Link Ediker, Link Mator or Linkywinky? ;)

Well, Link Maker is quite ok I think. :)

Thx

Icfu
lzvk25

Post by *lzvk25 »

If you could add the possibility to "makelink.exe" to accept the parameter "%P%N" we could integrate it into TC through the "Start" menu.

8)
Memo to Boss : No TC, No Work
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

On the holidays I've maked the next version of plugin/program - 1.2. Now one can right-click in Lister window to select "Edit..." from context menu and get the LinkEditor dialog (by the way, I've combined the plugin and the program into one project and called it LinkInfo - the plugin is LinkInfo and the program is LinkEditor). The program LinkEditor can receive command-line parameter - path to the file that it will open. And the button for selecting an icon is activated.
Download:
English version
Russian version
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

Thanks for a new version.
Some suggestions:

- If you press Context menu key on the keyboard - the "Edit" menu appears on the upper left corner of the screen (First time I had to look for it... :-) )

- It could show the current icon of the link.

- I don't like the Lister window for this plugin, I would prefer if it opened in the edit window by default - maybe option for it?

- If I view link for Outlook Express on my desktop I see in lister mode: Icon Number:-2, after going to Edit mode I see: Icon Number: 4294967294. Why?

- Wrap text in Lister doesn't work.
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

- If you press Context menu key on the keyboard - the "Edit" menu appears on the upper left corner of the screen (First time I had to look for it... )
:) I didn't try to use Context Menu key... I'll try to fix it. By the way - where is it better to show menu? Where mouse pointer is? And if it is out of Lister window?
- It could show the current icon of the link.
Yeah, I thought about it... But I've never worked with RichEdit before, so I don't know how to insert images in it... I'll try but it will not be soon.
- I don't like the Lister window for this plugin, I would prefer if it opened in the edit window by default - maybe option for it?
That is when Lister window is opened it has already an Edit Link dialog opened? And add LinkInfo.ini into its folder... I didn't want to store any settings... Maybe, later. First I must find out how to use INI-files, maybe there are standard functions...
- If I view link for Outlook Express on my desktop I see in lister mode: Icon Number:-2, after going to Edit mode I see: Icon Number: 4294967294. Why?
It is unexpected error. I didn't think that there are links with negative icon number. I'll correct it. By the way, when you press "Choose Icon" buton in this case, the plugin crashes :( I know where the bug is, I'll fix it soon, maybe it will be version 1.2.1 :)
- Wrap text in Lister doesn't work.
Ok, I'll try to make it. But not in 1.2.1 :)
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

Flint wrote: By the way - where is it better to show menu? Where mouse pointer is? And if it is out of Lister window?
In the centre of the lister window?
Flint wrote:That is when Lister window is opened it has already an Edit Link dialog opened?
Yes, it is. It could also be viewed by default in the Edit window but with all all the fields disabled and after pressing a new button"Edit" - they could become enabled.
Flint wrote: And add LinkInfo.ini into its folder... I didn't want to store any settings... Maybe, later. First I must find out how to use INI-files, maybe there are standard functions...
It's easy to use INI files in Delphi - I don't know which tool you use...
The settings could be alternatively saved in lsplugin.ini file I don't like the file but it's made for it.
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

In the centre of the lister window?
Ok. Will be done. Maybe, where text cursor is...
It could also be viewed by default in the Edit window but with all all the fields disabled and after pressing a new button"Edit" - they could become enabled.
I don't think it is a good idea, 'cause edit window has small edit boxes for all values, and it is inconveniently to see this strings by small parts. To edit links it is better to put LinkEditor in Start menu and assign a hotkey for it. F3 is viewer, and I try to make viewing of files more convenient. Opening both windows is possible, opening only Editor window for viewing is not correct.
It's easy to use INI files in Delphi - I don't know which tool you use...
The settings could be alternatively saved in lsplugin.ini file I don't like the file but it's made for it.
I use Visual C++ 6.0. Really, it is better to use lsplugin.ini than to create my own INI-file.
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

Flint wrote:
It could also be viewed by default in the Edit window but with all all the fields disabled and after pressing a new button"Edit" - they could become enabled.
I don't think it is a good idea, 'cause edit window has small edit boxes for all values, and it is inconveniently to see this strings by small parts.
That's right... some strings are really long so users couldn't see them at once.
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Strogg

Post by *Strogg »

2Flint
It doesn't want to edit *.lnk files. I mean there is no contex menu appear during mouse right-click :?
I tried to reinstall plugin manually but without any result.
OS Win98SE.