New SFTP plugin available now

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Please, could you indicate a valid test-server ?
It's very easy to setup a test server with the freeware freeSSHd:
http://www.freesshd.com/

1. Set "only localhost" on tab "SSH".
2. Set a home directory on tab "SFTP".
3. Activate "Password stored as SHA1 hash" on tab "Users", add a username and password – alternatively choose NT authentication and use a system account – activate SFTP.

Then you can connect.

Icfu
This account is for sale
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Function not supportet yet

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Hello Christian,
it's not possible to initiate a connection.
When I start a connection I get an error message
"Function not supportet yet!".
The log windows only shows:
CONNECT/Quick connection
Loading SSH Library

I'm trying to connect to an actual OpenSSH Server running on Windows.
There are no problems to connect with other programs.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Check "no proxy"...

Icfu
This account is for sale
CoolWater
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Function not supportet yet

Post by *CoolWater »

Horst.Epp wrote:Hello Christian,
it's not possible to initiate a connection.
When I start a connection I get an error message
"Function not supportet yet!".
The log windows only shows:
CONNECT/Quick connection
Loading SSH Library

I'm trying to connect to an actual OpenSSH Server running on Windows.
There are no problems to connect with other programs.
Hehe, this was mentioned serveral times already... please have a look at the thread ;)

Regards,
CoolWater
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The second beta, version 0.2, is out now! See the first message for the download addresses.

What's new?
Added: Load libssh2.dll also from the Total Commander directory and the %PATH% if not found in plugin dir
Added: Ask for proxy password in separate dialog if none was stored, and proxy user name was set
Added: Show what authentication methods are supported by the server
Fixed: Minor fixes to asynchronous socket mode
Fixed: "Quick connect" vanished when no connections were defined and user pressed F2
Fixed: Couldn't connect if no proxy type was chosen
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Clo

Try with Paul---

Post by *Clo »

2icfu

:) Hi Jeff !

• Thank you ! We'll try that a.s.a.p, I got the stuff…

:mrgreen: VG
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

With version 0.2 I can now connect now using password authentication
but it doesnt work with key files.

I'm shure the files are correct as I use the ppk and pub files every day
and I made the pem following the help.
franck8244
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *franck8244 »

2Ghisler,

Thanks for this plugin...

Could you add a "cd .." entry on the file list to go up on the server side and not on the plugin side ?
When a home directory is specified, user can not go -upper- than this level nor anywhere else from his folder structure (like a chroot).
I would like to be able to type on the cmd line : "CD THIS_DIR" (relative or absolute)

Private key does not work here (both v0.1 / 02) , I'm ask for the private key phrase though there is none (needed for auto login withscript...)
(I tested on 2 servers (fedora / debian) where I'm connecting successfully with other tools)

After a failed "key-login" , when going for a normal session, I get an access violation error
Last edited by franck8244 on 2008-08-14, 18:33 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
TC#88260 -
Mikefield
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Mikefield »

1st: Please add a radio button, "ask for password" (Configuration)
If you leave the password field blank, you will get the config dialog when connecting, and the cursor is already in the password field! Then you can just enter the password and it will not be saved.
Yes, I tried this, but then occurs two windows! As 1st the config dialog prompts,
and after return the 2nd with the password query. The 2nd is OK, but not the 1st.
When I never store a password, then I didn't store it when I want to connect.
So, when the config dialog occurs, it is not clear, that the password will not be stored.
This is mistakable.
2nd: Please add a line with the homedir / target directory (Configuration)
Just set the homedir this way:
server.com:port/homedir
OK, I saw this option to late, I'm still in the old sftp plugin. :)
3rd: The sftpplug.ini file is stored in the main directory of TC, I prefer the plugin directory.
The ini is stored in the directory which you set for wincmd.ini.
Yes and no. Please see details in the german webdav thread.
4th: I miss the pluginst.inf.
This wouldn't work because of the missing ssh and ssl dlls, the plugin would install, but not work. It's therefore better when the user reads the readme file first.
I thought so, but with the pluginst it's not needed to install the plugin over the config menu.
Is it possible to add a popup with readme after the installation of the pluginst?
When I want to connect with username and password, I get an error:"Authentication by password failed!"
This is on a Linux Red Had Server.
This means that the user name or password is invalid. Make sure you get the upper/lowercase right. I have two servers, one with username/password (ghisler.ch) and one with client certificate (ghisler.com), and both methods definitely work. To my knowledge, both use Centos (Redhat "clone")... Can you connect e.g. with Putty?
Yes, I can connect with putty and with the old sftp plugin. After additional tests, it is possible
to connect with older versions of the Avaya Communication Manager (ACM) i.e. until Rel. 2.2,
but with Rel. 3.1 or higher it isn't possible to connect, and I get the password error.

Could you tell me the commands how I can find out the SSL/SSH Version over the shell?
What did you have to know, so I can ask our Avaya Presales to give us details of the changes.
Sorry, I'm not so good with unix and SSL/SSH.

Update: I made some search in the Internet. To get the Version, put "SSH -V" on the bash.
The older ACM use OpenSSH_3.4p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090602f, which is working with the plugin,
the newer ACM use OpenSSH_3.9p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7a Feb 19 2003, this is where I get the password error.
Hope it helps!

mf
Bankster - Word of the Year 2009
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

2Horst.Epp
it doesnt work with key files
I have checked this in detail now: It seems that the public key is the problem, the key created via "Save public key" in Puttygen does NOT work.

Instead you have to:
1. select the text in the section "Public key for pasting into OpenSSH..." and press Ctrl+C (=Copy to clipboard)
2. Create a new file with extension .pub (Shift+F4 in Total Commander) and press Ctrl+V (=Paste)

I will update the readme.txt and description in the first post of this thread.

2franck8244
Could you add a "cd .." entry on the file list to go up on the server side and not on the plugin side ?
I'm sorry but it's not possible with the current plugin interface to go above the root.

Instead, create a new connection for the root, then add a button to the TC button bar to go directly to the home dir:
cd \\\Secure FTP\yourconnection\home\yourname
The ini is stored in the directory which you set for wincmd.ini.
Yes and no. Please see details in the german webdav thread.
Sorry, I don't know what you are referring to, please explain.

2Mikefield
I made some search in the Internet. To get the Version, put "SSH -V" on the bash.
The older ACM use OpenSSH_3.4p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090602f, which is working with the plugin,
the newer ACM use OpenSSH_3.9p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7a Feb 19 2003, this is where I get the password error.
Hope it helps!
Unfortunately all the username/password negotiation is done within the OpenSSH DLLs not included with the plugin. The libssh2.dll included with LibcURL seems to be the latest release version 0.18, there is no newer one. What SSH protocols does the newer ACM use? Maybe it doesn't support SSH protocol version 2.0?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Mikefield
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Mikefield »

Regarding the ini file, please see here, my last post: http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=19887&start=30.
It's easier to give the plugin to others. With packed ini file in the plugin, you can give away the needed connections,
and must not have a look where are the TC ini's are stored.

I have no idea, which protocols are used. I will try to find it out.

Also I support the suggestion from franck8244, to add a cd.. entry.

Problem: When a connection fails, "Verbindung trennen" have to activate two times,
and then goes the Panel back to the last used directory, and not back to the Plugin.

Suggestion: Could you please add an Icon in the sftpplug.wfx?

mf
Bankster - Word of the Year 2009
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

The new way to produce the pub key file solved the problem with key authentication for me.
Its now working fine.
In my case all hosts are Windows with the latest copSSH (OpenSSH) version.
BashGordon

Post by *BashGordon »

Wonderful! This was my most missed feature in TCMD and now makes it to the ultimately perfect swiss knife.

Most functionality works very well on a number of servers I have tested, but I hope it's not too presumptuous to already add some feature requests?

(1) It would be nice to have a quick way to determine directory and file ownerships (user and group). Possibly via additional columns? Or in the properties panel? (at the moment the properties dialog for directories shows free space on the local hard drive, and for files some empty version information panel; I know that I can find them via the connection window, but this is awkward for large directories).
(2) Correct display of UTF8 encoded filenames?
(3) Check for empty passphrase on private key?
(4) Ask for username (w/o saving) when left empty? (I have to administrate several customer accounts on one web server)
(5) Go to home directory when cd'ing to root is forbidden and no target directory is given? I'm not sure whether this might be hard to implement, but it should be possible. (It took me some time to find the problem why connection to one server was consistently failing, this might happen other users too.)

Just for curiosity: Why does libssh2 need a public key to connect?

Finally a possibly silly question: I can not find the log file ("Ausführliche Logdatei (für Fehleranalyse)". Where is it saved?

Thanks a lot for all your efforts!
Bash
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

It's saved in the file you have entered in TC FTP options...

Icfu
This account is for sale
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Add host name to password prompt message

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Christian,
please change the message box with the password prompt to include the host name.
This will allow to automatically fill it using KeePass.
I have many servers and with the same user name but different passwords.