New SFTP plugin available now

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ado

Post by *ado »

CoolWater wrote:2ado
does it work correctly when you put ss -u xyz into tc commandline when you're connected to your box? I'm not quite sure, but iirc you need to provide a password for sudo, at least on debian systems... If so, things are getting more complicated then ;)
I tried to do ss -u xyz in TC when I was connected via SFTP and it did nothing- well actually it exectued "ss..." via quote but it didn't do the trick.

The password - take a look to my post - there is no pwd.
The goal is that user is logging into system using his NTId/pwd which is authenticated against AD. Then admin allows certain people to use ss -u xyz to elevate their permissions to rights of xyz. But I do not have to enter pwd for that, because if SA will not allow me do ss -u xyz, I'll simply not get there. In fact xyz account is locked, i.e. nobody can directly login to it. ...and what is advantage? Well - only selected list of people, can access this account, there is no problem with shared password and thanks to ss all my cmd-line activities are going to some logfile, so it is possible to review it later.

ado
TWatcher

Post by *TWatcher »

I wrote an AHK script which launches a putty session out of an active sftp-plugin connection using "server" and "user" parameters. You can find the AHK script in the Wiki.
[Edit] link to Wiki was broken, corrected also a spelling error in Wiki-page title. This link should work now: link to AHK script in WiKi [/Edit]
I am dealing with AHK for a short time only, may be the script is not perfect.
Hints: You have to compile the script to an exe, then assign the compiled exe to an TC button on the Button-bar. Then during an active sftp-plugin session just click on the button on the Button-bar. A putty window should open asking for username (if not stored in plugin-session settings) and the password. The script works only in putty.exe is found in the PC's path.

(An enhanced "putty login" script version which automatically send the password (if stored) is still under development.)
TWatcher
Last edited by TWatcher on 2008-09-10, 19:05 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

TWatcher wrote:I wrote an AHK script which launches a putty session out of an active sftp-plugin connection using "server" and "user" parameters. You can find the AHK script in the WiKi.
Your link is broken. It should be:
[Edit]Link removed[/Edit]
Last edited by white on 2008-09-10, 21:50 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
TWatcher

Post by *TWatcher »

@white
Thanks for notifying me, I corrected the link in my last post above. I modified also the name of the Wiki-page (spelling error), so your mentioned link might not work any longer, if I remove the original page from the Wiki, sorry for the trouble.
Here again the link: AHK script AutoHotkey: Launch a putty session out of an active sftp-plugin connection within TC
TWatcher
mmozum

Bug: TC 7.04a, sftp plugin problem in libssh2.dll, libeay32.

Post by *mmozum »

I installed this new plugin, and also put libssh2.dll, libeay32.dll in all the specified paths ( c:\windows\system32, TC dir, TC sftp plugin dir), but no luck. Each time I try to connect, I see a error dialog box:
"Please put libssh2.dll and Libeay32.dll in either
-in the same directory as the plugin,
-in the Total Commander dir, or
-somewhere in your PATH!

See the plugin's readme.txt for downloading instructions"
Best regards,
-Monir
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Please use the fileinfo lister plugin to find out whether you are missing any dlls the above two dlls may depend on, e.g. the msvcrt.dll (visual c runtime) which is part of Windows.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
TWatcher

Post by *TWatcher »

Hello,
Since SFTP Plugin 0.4 Beta there exists the function
- Support shell commands directly via command line, e.g. chmod, chown etc. one question
The output of the shell commands is captured in a (temporarily?) log, the last 2 lines are shown in the "log box" at the top of TC (if an connection exists). This log box can be opened via doubble click, which opens a (static) snapshot of the log file in the lister.
Now my question: Can the logfile window be assigned e.g. to the other panel (like quick view mode) and be updated as soon some shell commands are entered or some output is reported?
This would be very helpful.
May be it is already possible, but I don't know how to activate... :roll:
TWatcher
mmozum

sftp plugin dependency dll needs msvcr90.dll

Post by *mmozum »

Alas, the fileinfo lister on libeay32.dll lists msvcr90.dll as a dep, but I cannot find the msvcr90.dll on my system. Even microsoft website does not have a download page for this. Seems like all the other users have this dll?
Best regards,
-Monir
Mikefield
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Mikefield »

You can download the file from dll-files.com:
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcr90
It's a zip file with a readme in it.

mf
Bankster - Word of the Year 2009
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

fileinfo lister on libeay32.dll lists msvcr90.dll as a dep
Caution: If you see this dep, you are using the wrong distribution ! (req. VC++ 2008 redistributables)

To stay save, use the link at the very first post of this thread.
This way, you have a compatible set of files ...
#5767 Personal license
pe.ch

Post by *pe.ch »

Hello,

I wait for good SFTP plug-in long time, thank you very much for it.

I have one problem with displaying name of directories. When is UNIX name of directory in upper case (for example TEST) plug-in display first character upper case and other lower case (for example Test). Normal FTP in TC work OK.

Regards,

Pe.Ch
mmozum

Re: sftp plugin dependency dll needs msvcr90.dll

Post by *mmozum »

The instructions in the first post points to download a dev branch of libcurl, which has wrong versions of the dll files in the zip file (they depend on msvcr90.dll). I downloaded a binary version instead (dlls depending on msvcrt.dll) and set PATH to the libcurl dir, now SFTP works fine.

I had to download Binary version: "Win32 2000/XP 7.19.0 binary SSL enabled Günter Knauf 1.16 MB". Then I put the unzipped directory to somewhere like c:\program files\ and set path to include the new dir. These dlls depend on msvcrt.dll, which was there on my windows directory.

The "Win32 2000/XP 7.19.0 libcurl SSL enabled Günter Knauf 1.55 MB", brings the devel branch of libcurl and manual copying of the libssh2 and libeay32 dlls to path does not work.

I am hesitant on downloading msvcr90.dll from a site other than microsoft, due to virus or malware concerns.
Best regards,
-Monir
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Re: sftp plugin dependency dll needs msvcr90.dll

Post by *HolgerK »

mmozum wrote:... I am hesitant on downloading msvcr90.dll from a site other than microsoft, due to virus or malware concerns.
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)

Regards,
Holger
sgp

Post by *sgp »

Mr. Ghisler: this is a wonderful plugin, thank you!

Everyone: you can _still_ download the version listed in the first post, they keep all older versions online, but you have to make up the link. Copy the current (latest) link, paste into the web browser address bar, change the version number, hit ENTER, download.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I have one problem with displaying name of directories. When is UNIX name of directory in upper case (for example TEST) plug-in display first character upper case and other lower case (for example Test). Normal FTP in TC work OK.
Please uncheck the following option in Total Commander:
Configuration - Options - Display - Show old 8.3 names lowercase.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com