ButtonBar eXtended (with macro support)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

But you still need to make multiple buttons on a button bar, right?
You could also edit them in the "Buttonbar.bar" what actually is also an ini. :-D
Just create an additional ButtonBar for that.

In the old way there was no gui.
It was also annoying to find a new free number in it. Copy paths there. Open the ini for the smallest changes. It was not possible to use all commands. (Or you had to create a custom usercmd.ini entry) It was annoying to reorder the commands in the ini.

All this is not necessary anymore.
eugensyl
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *eugensyl »

Samuel wrote:
eugensyl wrote:Only internal TC commands (cm_...) can be used (not external em_...)
Thats not true. Version 0.3 supported em_commands.
Sorry, it was my fault!
Can I update now from anywhere?
My Best Wishes,

Eugen
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

Samuel wrote:
But you still need to make multiple buttons on a button bar, right?
You could also edit them in the "Buttonbar.bar" what actually is also an ini. :-D
Just create an additional ButtonBar for that.

In the old way there was no gui.
It was also annoying to find a new free number in it. Copy paths there. Open the ini for the smallest changes. It was not possible to use all commands. (Or you had to create a custom usercmd.ini entry) It was annoying to reorder the commands in the ini.

All this is not necessary anymore.
2Samuel,

The gui is not something I really need as long as I can edit a file manually, although gui is nice. I'm not sure I like having a separate button bar though (which you have for editing purposes, right?) As new versions of the button bars come out then you need to always keep updating them (I use petermad's extended menus). I like the simple way you had it in Toolbar.exe but I also like the new commands available in the new version. I think you have done a bang-up job on the new version, but it is more for the technically inclined now than the old version was. If you remember how ignorant I was in asking for help on the simplest things for the old version. ;)
chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

How do I un-overwrite all my data?

User of Total Commander
#60471 Single user license
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

I am thinking of a little backport of some of the new features. (modifier Ctrl, Alt, Shift but not together, env variables)
I am a little bit skeptic about your opinion. Because you say the new is bad and has bla bla, but you never tried it. I know I am not better (Win Vista) but finally tried and changed my mind.
As new versions of the button bars come out then you need to always keep updating them
This is not true. Menues != ButtonBar. There has never been a new overwriting Buttonbar.

2eugensyl:
I will bundle the Toolbar.exe with the source code.
Also in version 0.4 supporting modifier Ctrl, Alt, Shift but not together, env variables. But no doku at all. (Just a sample ini file.)
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

Samuel wrote:I am thinking of a little backport of some of the new features. (modifier Ctrl, Alt, Shift but not together, env variables)
I am a little bit skeptic about your opinion. Because you say the new is bad and has bla bla, but you never tried it. I know I am not better (Win Vista) but finally tried and changed my mind.
As new versions of the button bars come out then you need to always keep updating them
This is not true. Menues != ButtonBar. There has never been a new overwriting Buttonbar.
It was never my intention to offend you. I am just used to things and I don't like to change to more complicated things when things run as well as Toolbar does. It's easy and not complicated in any way. If I offended you, then I apologize.

User of Total Commander
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

No you didnt offend me. Its just me thinking: "Menno, why he is not using the new and proven better utility. Is it really so worse?" :D

Its just about: "Why he cant think like I do. (what must be the best way - as I think) ;-)
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

Samuel wrote:No you didnt offend me. Its just me thinking: "Menno, why he is not using the new and proven better utility. Is it really so worse?" :D

Its just about: "Why he cant think like I do. (what must be the best way - as I think) ;-)
That is it exactly. When you get old like me, you get set in your ways, I guess, and like things easy and simple. I will play with the new version and see what I can figure out. What seems simple to you might not always be that way to us "programming dummies". ;)

User of Total Commander
eugensyl
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *eugensyl »

Samuel wrote:
2eugensyl:
Also in version 0.4 supporting modifier Ctrl, Alt, Shift but not together, env variables. But no doku at all. (Just a sample ini file.)
Wow! I'm wonder! This will meet my needs. Thanks for your effort!
How can I download?

On the other hand, I suggest to make a separate tread with toolbar.exe. You have in fact two different programs. Everyone will have his own ascending path.

Regarding about your discussion with Boofo my point of view is very closer from him. Many, in fact most of TC users, use only 20-30% of TC power. A beginner use mostly copy, move, delete, rename, browse folders, ftp and so on. Few!
Others are for advanced.
My Best Wishes,

Eugen
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

How can I download?
Today in the afternoon. (Version 2.0)
I suggest to make a separate tread with toolbar.exe
I thought about it. But I dont want to do much for the old "toolbar.exe". I just backported very easy to implement things.
So for now I will keep it here.
Regarding about your discussion with Boofo
My problem is that I think: The new way compared to the old way is far more convenient. It is just plug and play. (add button and switch between the modes) The old one is about ini files and so on.

IMO Boofo just got used to the old (what is not wrong) so the new is a big step for him. But perhaps I am wrong on it and the new is more difficult.
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

Updated first post: Version 2.0 is available.

Code: Select all

Version 2.0
- It's possible to use the different mouse buttons as modifiers. (You need to run "MouseTool.exe" at windows startup to make it work) Just start the modifiers with "2", "3", "4" and "5" to use the different mouse buttons. A button with the Tooltip "3c" will start if you press Ctrl + middle mouse key on the converted button.
- Improved the video with many notes. You may watch it again to understand it better.

- Added an ini file: "ButtonBar eXtended.ini"
- Added ini option: "[MouseTool] UseMouseButtonX=0/1" - should this mouse button be used as modifier? Only works if "MouseTool.exe" runs. You can decide if the right mouse button (edit ButtonBar) should be replaced.
- Added ini option: "[MouseTool] ShowIcon=0/1" - specify if "MouseTool.exe" should use an icon in the tray or not.
- Added ini option: "[ButtonBar eXtended] CustomUsercmd=..." you may choose a alternative Usercmd.ini path here. Like: "%Commander_Path%\Language\WCMD_XXX.INI"

- Bundled the old and still used command line utility "Toolbar.exe" with the source code.
- Old "Toolbar.exe": Support for environmental variables in File and Path
- Old "Toolbar.exe": Support for Alt and Shift but without combinations
- Old "Toolbar.exe": See "Toolbar.ini" for a short description how it works
WhACKO

Post by *WhACKO »

I finally got a chance to try BBX and I love it!

Is there a way to open a drop down bar while using BBX (not sure how this could work, maybe just pass the original bar to TC, instead going through BBX.exe)?

Got some weird mouse behavior outside of TC, and I think it would be better to constrain MouseTool, this seems to work:

#ifWinActive ahk_class TTOTAL_CMD

Thank you for this useful plugin and keep up the great work.
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

Is there a way to open a drop down bar while using BBX (not sure how this could work, maybe just pass the original bar to TC, instead going through BBX.exe)?
I am not sure what you mean. Do you want to have a "BBX_DropDown.bar" to be accessible in your main bar as dropdown menu? This could be done easy with Version 2.1 (see below):
Create a "DropDown.bar" and create a button to "ButtonBar eXtended.exe". Use the following as parameter:

-c "%%COMMANDER_PATH%%\DropDown.bar" "%%COMMANDER_PATH%%\Main.bar"
Notice the third parameter and its "-c" instead of "-d".

Now add your button-groups in edit-mode and switch to view-mode (Main.bar). Add a button to the Main.bar calling: "%COMMANDER_PATH%\BBX_DropDown.bar" (with checked option "show as menu")

Thats it you could use the extended DropDown ButtonBar in your Main menu. If you want to edit it use "Edit this ButtonBar eXtended" in the DropDown menu. Then add or change ButtonGroups and switch to view-mode (main ButtonBar).
Got some weird mouse behavior outside of TC, and I think it would be better to constrain MouseTool, this seems to work:

#ifWinActive ahk_class TTOTAL_CMD
It has been by design, but its indeed better now.
I played with this previously and there were bugs when dragging the mouse from outside TC to the buttonbar etc. But I changed the behavior of it.

If you add "ifWinActive" there is a bug when you "drag" a button to another activated window. The state of it is still pressed down. But nothing special.
Last edited by Samuel on 2009-07-30, 06:18 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

Updated first post: Version 2.1 is available.

Version 2.1
- Added third parameter: You can specify a ButtonBar there that should be loaded when switching to "view-mode". (Useful if you use want to use a dropdown bar as a ButtonBar eXtended.)
- Improved MouseTool.exe it only affects the Total Commander window now.
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

Samuel wrote:2eugensyl:
Where can I download this, too?

User of Total Commander
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

First post -> source code.