[WFX] VirtualPanel: Temporary panel for TC

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

VirtualPanel 1.0.0.180:
+ if INI with plugin's name exists near the plugin, this file is used as configuration file
+ shows error message if configuration isn't saved (e.g. no write permission to INI)
* null settings are not saved now when plugin loaded during installation (remove this file if it was made by previous version if you don't want it to be used as configuration file)
* some minor fixes

some suggestion

Post by *69290654 »

Hi:

Sometime I want to return to my real path from VP, I mean, I want to directly goto file path or location by double click file/folder name in VP, instead of execute them.
Can I get this option? It will be very useful for me.

Thanks a lot.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Re: some suggestion

Post by *MVV »

69290654 wrote:Hi:

Sometime I want to return to my real path from VP, I mean, I want to directly goto file path or location by double click file/folder name in VP, instead of execute them.
Can I get this option? It will be very useful for me.

Thanks a lot.
Sorry, it's not possible because on double-click TC just asks VP for real path of file and executes it.

You should use shortcuts Ctrl+Left and Ctrl+Right if you want to go to real file from right to left panel and vice versa.
jjxu

Post by *jjxu »

0.Best plugin i'v ever used:)
1.Is it possible to navigate between multifiles using f3 in VP?
2.I think you have great talent on programming, and i'v seen the topic "Temp panel plugin issues". I don't think tc will change quickly. Maybe it is a faster way to rewrite a new "tc" of you own, of couse if you like.
good luck!
ate

Post by *ate »

Hi !

The messages and buttons are "hardcoded". Is there a chance to use a language-file? Would be nice and useful for the important & dangerous messages (Delete the real File/Folder ...).
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

ate wrote:The messages and buttons are "hardcoded". Is there a chance to use a language-file?
I think it is possible. Of course, when I realize it;)
jjxu wrote:0.Best plugin i'v ever used:)
Thanks for using it:)
jjxu wrote: 1.Is it possible to navigate between multifiles using f3 in VP?
Seems that it is another issue for my topic about "Temp panel plugin issues". TC even doesn't call FsGetLocalName when you press P/N - seems it just doesn't supports this.
jjxu wrote:Maybe it is a faster way to rewrite a new "tc" of you own
What exactly do you mean?
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Version 1.0.0.190 supports language files, you may refer to sample file in Language folder, but be careful with format parameters.
If some string is absent in file, default embedded string will be used instead - Russian for locale 1049 and English for other. Error loading language file string is always in English.
ate

Post by *ate »

Thank you for quick realization.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

ate wrote:Thank you for quick realization.
Anytime:) I wanted to do something but had no great ideas.
All messages may be translated, only button captions Yes/No/Cancel/Yes to All/No to All I left unchanged.
ate

Post by *ate »

Have you anything changed in making the scripts?

With Version 1.0.0.190 I do all the steps ... create the folder Videos and then Enter my string: <add \Videos\>Aktuell {<silent <del * <put . D:\Filme\*.* <put . E:\Filme\*.*}
as it worked fine with the previous version of VP.
But now there is no >Aktuell script-file but a folder with the name >Aktuell. This new subfolder >Aktuell has also the same VirtualFolderIcon (defined in my virtualpanel.ini) like the folder Videos.

... and Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

ate wrote:With Version 1.0.0.190 I do all the steps ... create the folder Videos and then Enter my string: <add \Videos\>Aktuell {<silent <del * <put . D:\Filme\*.* <put . E:\Filme\*.*}
as it worked fine with the previous version of VP.
But now there is no >Aktuell script-file but a folder with the name >Aktuell.
Thanks, I see, I'll try to fix that soon :) If you create a file w/o contents, VP makes it with folder attribute. Maybe some error with parameters parsing here.
I found an error... in my external function that returns next command line parameter... Seems that recently changes about removing quotes made it ditry... :?

Fixed 8) (see next post)
ate wrote:... and Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.
Same to you:)
Last edited by MVV on 2009-12-24, 07:28 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

VirtualPanel 1.0.0.194:
* buttons captions are also may be translated now
* parsing parameters bug

Please note that in 1.0.0.194 I added to lng file buttons captions too, and I added them at the beginning of array, so indexes in lng file changed (later I won't change indexes to preserve translations defacing). You need to shift numbers in lng - see sample lng for actual numbers :wink:
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

VirtualPanel 1.0.0.200:
* now files can be moved from virtual folder even w/o holding Shift key (confirmation is displayed)
* fixed move file to normal panel (removed error checking if move function succeeds)
* system search handle leak in FsFindNext function (one handle per file in virtual folder)
+ now files with read-only attribute may be removed (except scripts), also forced flag added to del command
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

New version of my plugin is released. Greatest addition is full Unicode support. 8-)

VirtualPanel 1.0.0.322:
+ Unicode support! all functions use Unicode by default; ANSI functions replaced with stubs that call Unicode functions
+ supports adding files from filelists in ANSI, UTF-8 and Unicode
+ recursive and/or by mask filelist export
* removed retrieving plugin file version on Windows 2000 because of strange crash during initialization

Old ANSI functions was replaced by stubs that call new Unicode functions. So, one module works both in new TC versions as Unicode and in old TC versions as ANSI.

Also internal command <export was added to help screen and file - it allows to save filelist w/o additional info, just as playlist. But now it supports recursive exporting and allows to specify mask of files to be exported.

Please note that parameters order for some commands was changed (e.g. for <put command). Please check your scripts if you have them.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Nice to hear, thanks for your effords! Did you encounter any problems with the Unicode interface functions? I'm currently working on TC 7.51, so it's a good time for fixes...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com