Converting plugins to 64-bit - reward

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Christian, WLX guide's listplug.pas still contains PChar type instead of PAnsiChar - in Unicode versions of Delphi this causes errors since PChar is equals to PWideChar there (e.g. for ListGetDetectString function). Same thing with FsGetDefRootName function in WFX guide.

I see that you've replaced PChar with PAnsiChar in WDX guide, so I think you should do the same for other guides too.

I think you should use PChar for all parameters that may be Unicode or not depending on plugin's encoding and direct PAnsiChar for parameters that are always non-Unicode.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I have never used a Unicode version of Delphi, so I didn't know that, thanks for the info.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Psychedelic

Post by *Psychedelic »

If you used Delphi for plugins - do not use Lazarus now.
Now Delphi has x64 compiler and you can recompile it with delphi.
Just search for "Embarcadero RAD Studio XE2 update 1". Delphi XE2 has x64, Mac Compiler.
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

2Psychedelic
Are you using Delphi 64Bit yet?
What are its advantage over Lazerus?
Hoecker sie sind raus!
Psychedelic

Post by *Psychedelic »

What are its advantage over Lazerus?
Yes I tried it yet.
Advantages are the same as they were before delphi x64 - Delphi is more convenient lazarus, more powerfull (has more tools\components\comfortable debug\tests and other features, extented language syntax and IDE features) and stable. lazarus - is buggy.
Also Delphi compiler creates smaller exes.
Time spent on the development of anything in Delphi is much less than in Lazarus.
If you look at short description of lazarus - you 'll see - Lazarus is the class libraries and development environment for Free Pascal that emulate Delphi.
Delphi XE2 now also has Mac compiler (FireMonkey platform) - so you can write apps for Macs PCs.

About FireMonkey - FireMonkey is a cross-platform application framework that uses GPU-Accelerated vector graphics to render its UI, D2D/D3D on Windows and OpenGL on OSX. similiar to Silverlight OOB or Jupiter.
FireMonkey works on Windows/OSX/iOS, and may support Linux/Android in the future, more platforms than Silverlight OOB. It's really cool stuff! Lazarus does not have it.

You can try delphi XE2 on torrents.
balver

umod.wcx updated to 64-bit

Post by *balver »

Hi,

I've just updated my umod.wcx plugin to 64-bit. I hope it's OK to announce it here, because the promise of reward has motivated me a little :wink:. I'm not sure yet if I prefer TC licenses or cash.

Back to the updated plugin, the 6 year old version is available here:
http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/umod.html

And the new one (0.0.6) is available here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21011691/umod-0.0.6.7z

And now it's time for some questions:

2Christian
  • I hope it's not too impolite to ask, but how many TC licenses tops are you willing to offer? 2, 3, more?
  • How are you going to transfer the $100 to the plugin authors? (via PayPal, direct money transfer to bank account or maybe in other way?)
  • When decision about the reward is made, what is the best way of contacting you? Is it OK to send a PM to you?
  • What details do you require after the reward is chosen (in both cases)?
2Flint (I've seen you in this thread :D)
  • Could you PM/email to me my login credentials (with details how to login) so I could update the plugin at totalcmd.net? I've lost them long time ago. Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
balver
TC registered user: #172461
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

balver
I sent the details to the E-mail specified in the totalcmd.net's account profile.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
balver

Post by *balver »

Great Flint, thank you. I've replied you by e-mail, because there is some problem with uploading of 7z files, I guess.
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

balver
Could you please resend it? It was marked as spam for some reson and completely removed from server…
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
balver

Post by *balver »

I've just forwarded the e-mail to you, Flint. I hope it will get to you safely this time. I would send it to you via PM instead of spamming this topic, but all I see after clicking PM is Private messaging has been disabled on this board.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

how many TC licenses tops are you willing to offer? 2, 3, more?
I'm offering 3 licences for $100 (that's $33 per licence, slighly better than the actual price of $46). If you just want one, you can get the rest as a payment. But plugin authors can get one free licence anyway for writing the plugin, the $100 are for porting.
How are you going to transfer the $100 to the plugin authors? (via PayPal, direct money transfer to bank account or maybe in other way?)
So far we have sent a few payments by money transfer to a bank account, and one by credit card (a plugin author was a software seller too). But Paypal would also be a possibility. For countries like South America, we can also send it by Western Union. But we would like to avoid it if possible, because it's expensive.
When decision about the reward is made, what is the best way of contacting you?
By e-mail only.
What details do you require after the reward is chosen (in both cases)?
The list of your plugins, and the payment method you prefer. For a bank transfer, we need the IBAN, BIC/Swift code, the name of the bank, and the name and address of the account owner.
balver

Post by *balver »

2Christian
Thank you for all the answers, they were very useful. I've sent an e-mail to the support address just a moment ago with details about the chosen reward (3 TC licenses).
Psychedelic

Post by *Psychedelic »

Dear Christian

In your manual Writing plugins that you specify in the beginning of this topic you wrote -
What's the easiest way to convert an existing plugin to 64-bit?
2. If the plugin was written in Delphi or Free Pascal:
There is a 64-bit Lazarus/Free Pascal available.
But the easiest way for Delphi code is to use Delphi XE2 with x64 compiler, where programmer can create 64-bit dlls, you do not specify this in your document. Please fix it, maybe somebody do not know about Delphi Xe2.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Delphi Xe2 wasn't available yet when I wrote that document...
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

There is a small typo for documentation of ContentGetValue
contentplugin.HLP wrote:The plugin may also reutrn ft_ondemand