sLister WLX plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

For detect string- add "PRC". It like pdb, supported as zeniko said
sgp

Post by *sgp »

EricB wrote:I was just interested how far I could go in terms of portability. No dependencies means I can just copy/synchronize folders to a stick and have a working system without any fiddling.
Another option (Win7 only) is symbolic links (MKLINK console command). They are transparent to applications and allow for relative paths, i.e., SumatraPDF.exe => ..\..\SumatraPDF\SumatraPDF-dev.exe - NTFS not required, but... no work on XP.
EricB

Post by *EricB »

Another option (Win7 only) is symbolic links (MKLINK console command). They are transparent to applications and allow for relative paths, i.e., SumatraPDF.exe => ..\..\SumatraPDF\SumatraPDF-dev.exe - NTFS not required, but... no work on XP.
Works like a charm. Just what I was looking for. Thx sgp!

Regards, EricB
sheayone

Post by *sheayone »

the newest version sumatrapdf has supported epub format, please update the sliter plug-in, current version display the epub file in a separate window, please fix it, thx.
iana

Post by *iana »

Unfortunately the Sumatra devs have changed the UI layout for mobile formats, epub with slister is supported only if you use zeniko's dev build http://software.zeniko.ch/sumatrapdf/SumatraPDF-dev.exe or if you build it your self and disable the new window layout, btw with the latest 2.2 dev version SumatraPDF supports TCR ebooks.
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

iana wrote:
If i open the quickview panel (ctrl+q) and then open the search window (ctrl+s) and then move with the arrow keys to a pdf tc hangs. If i only open the quickview panel (and not the search window) i can move to the same pdf file with the arrows keys without a problem.

Can someone simulate this problem ?
XP-SP3 tc8pb11 TC does hang but after a few minutes it restores I believe it's a memory leak in slister or quick search, try unpacking sumatra and slister (I think they're upx-ed)
I can still confirm this issue reported in 2011. I am using XP Pro. Did anyone find a solution for this problem.
iana

Post by *iana »

I can still confirm this issue reported in 2011. I am using XP Pro. Did anyone find a solution for this problem.
Unfortunately no, I can confirm this bug I think it might be an issue with QuickSearch eXtended or it's ahk script.

On the other side I've read and tested that the Sumatra devs have added support for multi page tiff's and html files so the detection string can be modified to read

Code: Select all

MULTIMEDIA & (EXT="PDF" | EXT="XPS" | EXT="DJVU" | EXT="DJV" | EXT="PS" | EXT="EPS" | EXT="CBZ" | EXT="CBR" | EXT="CHM" | EXT="MOBI" | EXT="EPUB" | EXT="FB2" | EXT="ZFB2" | EXT="FB2Z" | EXT="PDB" | EXT="PRC" | EXT="TCR" | EXT="TXT" | EXT="HTM" | EXT="HTML" | EXT="TIF" | EXT="TIFF" )
note there is a known bug with gdi+ and jpeg in tiff's Microsoft isn't planing to fix it, so jpeg compression in tiffs will not render under XP or 2000
Last edited by iana on 2013-03-30, 21:25 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

iana wrote:
Unfortinetly no I can confirm this bug I think it might be an issue with QuickSearch eXtended or it's ahk script.
I am not using QuickSearch eXtended..
iana

Post by *iana »

It maybe the way tc uses wlx plugins, plugins aren't unloaded automatically so when browsing multiple files several plugins are called several times ergo a memory leak.
Unfortunately it seams slister has been abandoned it's still the best pdf viewer for lister, if this is a big issue for you you can try HTMLView with a ie pdf plugin (Acrobat/Foxit or PDF-X no SumatraPDF for ie)

edit
After giving it a bit of thought I think it maybe an issue with SumatraPDF.exe it self, by default SumatraPDF Starts a new process for every file opened so if you move (with the arrow keys) over several pdf files several SumatraPDF processes are started and you end up with an unresponsive TC, the Sumatra devs are working on a way to permanently set some preferences that may fix this issue (there is a command line option to reuse open Sumatra processes but atm that's a command line switch and I don't think slister supports it)
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

iana wrote:It maybe the way tc uses wlx plugins, plugins aren't unloaded automatically so when browsing multiple files several plugins are called several times ergo a memory leak.
I have only one wlx plugin installed.
iana wrote:After giving it a bit of thought I think it maybe an issue with SumatraPDF.exe it self, by default SumatraPDF Starts a new process for every file opened so if you move (with the arrow keys) over several pdf files several SumatraPDF processes are started and you end up with an unresponsive TC
I have tried it in a new folder with the following files:
f1.txt
f2.txt
f3.pdf
When I quicksearch for "f" and then use the arrow keys to jump to the next file. Jumping around the text files work OK. But as soon as the pdf is selected the problem occurs. When I use the latest beta build of SumatraPDF some of the layout of SumatraPDF is drawn just before TC gets non-responsive.
iana

Post by *iana »

I remembered one more thing and I believe that is the cause of the memory leak, files smaller then 10M are cached in RAM by SumatraPDF prior to rendering so if you move the cursor and you have slister (and SumatraPDF) active Sumatra will cache all pdf (and other supported) files that are under the selection, if you move too much you'll find all of your RAM used up, I'm not sure this can be disabled.

ps. I don't think it's a bug but a feature an annoying feature but it is what it is.
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

iana wrote:I remembered one more thing and I believe that is the cause of the memory leak, files smaller then 10M are cached in RAM by SumatraPDF prior to rendering so if you move the cursor and you have slister (and SumatraPDF) active Sumatra will cache all pdf (and other supported) files that are under the selection, if you move too much you'll find all of your RAM used up, I'm not sure this can be disabled.
As said before, it already happens the first time a pdf is selected. It also happens when trying it with a 0 byte pdf file.
And it does not happen when accessing the pdf file without quick search.

Maybe it's a file locking problem?

2ghisler(Author): Can you test it and tell us what is happening?
Test case:
* Install slister plugin
* Create new folder and create two 0 byte files in this folder with file names "pdf.pdf" and "text.txt"
* Enable quick view (Ctrl+Q)
* Quick viewing both files works OK.
* Now with quick view enabled select the file "text.txt"
* Now quick search for "pdf.pdf" (Ctrl+Alt+<search string>)
* Total Commander does not respond for quite some time
iana

Post by *iana »

2ghisler(Author): Can you test it and tell us what is happening?
I second the request as the problem only happens when ctrl+s is active, a simpler test would be
1. go to a folder with several pdf files
2. Activate quick view panel ctrl+q
3. Activate quick search crtl+s
4. move around the folder with the arrow keys
5. TC becomes unresponsive - hangs, the time tc is unresponsive depends on the processor obviously older machines hang longer.
Obviously slister needs to be set as the 1st plugin that handles pdf's
Cold you debug tc?
sticazzi

Post by *sticazzi »

It would be possibile to use both portable browser and TC slister support with a SumatraPDF's optimized version like "SumatraPDF x86/x64 Optimized Builds (All languages)":

http://nikkhokkho.sourceforge.net/static.php?page=SumatraPDFOpt

Thanks
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I have checked it in the debugger - TC hangs in call:
listplugin.ListLoadW(parentwin,filename,flags);
to the slister plugin, at least in the 64-bit version. slister is the only plugin loaded in this test. filename is just the name of the pdf.pdf file, flags is 5, which is lcp_wraptext|lcp_ansi.

I can only guess that slister is confused by the extra window on screen, taking away the focus from main TC. Maybe slister is trying to set the focus?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com