Total Commander extDir v1.6.0.5 - Extended directory creator

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I see -maybe it sends the characters to the dialog box...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

@ghisler(Author): As you say...

@[Yustas.NeO]: I could do the same (call cm_MkDir, then wait for the dialogbox to be opened (check if it's handle exists or not), then pass the wanted directory's name to the combobox, and send an enter key to the dialog / click on OK button), but that would be a really dirty way, especially if we're talking about more than 10/100 directories...

However... i just got an idea... :)

In Total Commander theres an ability to create multiple directories using the "|" delimiter - maybe i could pass the dirlist in this format, that way it would be enough to call & pass the parameters to cm_MkDir only once... mhh... let me see if it works as i hope.

(Anyway... [Yustas.NeO], have you got my mail with the prerelease version? Because there are some new strings in v1.5 which needs to be translated, however i'm not sure if you already had the time to correct the existing line's length or not - can i send you the new file?)
» Developer of Total Updater & extDir utility.
[Yustas.NeO]

Post by *[Yustas.NeO] »

[Yustas.NeO], have you got my mail with the prerelease version?
Ups! Your letter fell into the spam folder, and I did not notice it :) Now I have added your address to the whitelist.

can i send you the new file?
Of course you can!
I beg pardon for bad English.
monclerjacket001

Post by *monclerjacket001 »

i'm going to fix them in a couple of days, in the next public version.

[mod]It's spam.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

You are... ? :D

However in case it was sarcastic, i recommend you to check the latest changelog: in the end it wasn't just a few changes i made in the utility... also i'm still waiting for some translations to fix.

In case you are a bot: thanks for the entertainment & enjoy your stay (until a kind moderator takes the needed steps) :D
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

[face=tahoma]Total Commander extDir v1.5

The new version fixes some critical unicode-related bugs, and contains a tons of new functions & two new languages (Russian, Dutch) to choose from... update is strongly adviced!

Huge thanks for the translators for their work - Russian: [Yustas.NeO], and the Dutch: A. Van Landschoot.
Special thanks to Myone for the icons & testing and to [Yustas.NeO] for the numerous bug reports & suggestions.

:arrow: Download | 03-11-2011 | MD5: 775bca9d3407dab3703b44f0db69030a

(Update) Note: McAfee is the only one which shows it as a false positive, the utility passes all the other (more than 40) antivirus tests (click here for the report).

Changelog:

* New: Batch directory creation mode (just click on the tiny blue directory icon with an orange star to activate [left to OK button])
* New: Template Manager (now you can add your own user templates) [Options - Manage templates...]
* New: Configuration window (detailed customization of the utility)
* New: Configuration: ability to change the suggested directory name
* New: Configuration: user can set the action on invalid characters (show warning / replace them with a user-given character) (suggested by [Yustas.NeO])
* New: Configuration: ability to set the startup window position, and some additional settings
* New: Configuration: themes - 4 built-in window theme (sky, sand, nightfall, pink) with some tiny icons & ability to use flat buttons in the main window
* New: Russian language support (translated by [Yustas.NeO] - thanks!)
* New: Dutch language support (translated by A. Van Landschoot - thanks!)
* New: Now the utility is compatible with VirtualPanel (wfx) Total Commander plugin (if AutoSaveListOnEachOp=1 is set in fsplugin.ini under [Virtual Panel] section
* New: The utility is now able to handle the "RedirectSection" key, if it has been set in wincmd.ini (under [MkDirHistory] section)
* New: Ability to use "path-returning" environment variables (like %windir%) in the manual path editbox (double click on current path)
* New: Some new special variables: {wg} (current workgroup name), {ut} (current Windows uptime), {bsct} (BS.Player current filename), {aict} (AIMP current title), {vlct} (VideoLAN VLC current filename)
* New: Realtime replacements - automatically refresh the directory preview every second (if "Enable replacements" option is checked) [in Normal & Extended mode]
* New: List of the current environment variables can be reached by clicking the (+) (replacements/variables) button and selecting "Env. variables" popup item
* New: Ability to position the utility in the center of the current TC pane [Options/Configuration] (suggested by [Yustas.NeO])
* New: Ability to use "|" characters to create multiple directories in Normal mode
* New: You can use PageUp & PageDown keys to jump to the start / end of the combobox
* New: About dialog window (with complete changelog)
* New: Window color theme: purple (created by Myone - thanks!)
* New: Window color theme: peach (created by Myone - thanks!)
* New: Load the utility's language from external file which has been set in INI (set "CurrentLng=Language\lngname.ini" in the config file)
* New: Load the utility's language from external file using cmd line parameter (example: "tc extDir.exe" /LNG=lng_dut.ini <- ini must be in the running directory)
* New: Now you can set [ReplaceChars] section in the utility's config file (manually), and type your own replace characters in ini format
* New: Automatically show the "Load" button in Normal mode, if a file with ".txt" extension is selected in Total Commander
* Change: lots of code improvements & cleaning (startup time decreased)
* Change: the installer now creates a backup file of wincmd.ini in the same dir (wincmd.old) for more security
* Change: modified the installer: now its impossible to install the utility out of TC's basedir & now you can change the filename to whatever you want
* Change: the config file is now stored in the utility's directory; beside that, now it's saved with the exe file's name (suggested by [Yustas.NeO] and billiebub)
* Change: load the previously saved MkDirHistory list only on combobox dropdown event / using the mouse wheel on combobox / on closing application
* Change: added some tiny png icons to the (+) (replacements/variables) popup window (date, system, application) & changed the icon of Undo button
* Change: increased the input box's height in Extended mode (+ 25 px)
* Change: changed the utility's icon & logo to a new, smooth one
* Change: added copyright notice about Total Commander (installer & about)
* Fixed: [!] the utility wasn't able to catch the TPathPanel's correct handle if any tabs were opened in the actual side of Total Commander
* Fixed: if wincmd.ini is Unicode encoded, the user have to install the utility manually (no more accidentally lost settings)
* Fixed: if wincmd.ini is Unicode encoded, the utility won't save the MkDirHistory to this file, instead it creates an external file in the extDir's directory
* Fixed: now the user can only install & run the utility from Total Commander
* Fixed: window positioning problem [multi-monitor issue] (extDir window always opened on primary monitor even if TC was active on second) [reported by Axe1 - thanks!]
* Fixed: the utility's positioning now depends on the Total Commander window's actual position [suggested by Axe1 - thanks!]
* Fixed: update every control's font charset to the correct one (according to the current language)
* Fixed: always insert the newly created directories to the top of the combobox list
* Fixed: small visual glitch in Extended mode with more directories (if the first line is blank)
* Fixed: language-related minor button-caption problem (@ installation)
* Fixed: error on loading non-existent language resource (instead always load "ENG")
* Fixed: sometimes the caret jumped to the start of the directory combobox on changing the active control
* Fixed: invalid starting characters in the dir combobox after pressing Ctrl+V (if an environment variable was on clipboard, which returns a path)
* Fixed: sometimes the installer didn't show the language files author correctly (now the contact mail can be seen in the button hint too)
* Fixed: access violation in Extended mode after creating directories (if "Close the window after directory creation" option was unchecked)
* Fixed: insert a new line with the selected template instead of changing the whole directory list to the selected template (in Extended mode)
* Fixed: "do you want to create the missing folders?" popup: show only the path in Extended mode, without all the directories (sometimes they simply didn't fit screen)
* Fixed: problem if the manually edited path didn't exist (only Extended mode was affected)
* Fixed: automatically open the Load [from file] window with the current path (instead of the utility's basedir)
* Fixed: disabled ShowAccelChar for the directory preview & template preview label (reported by [Yustas.NeO])
* Fixed: the installer now correctly detects if Total Commander has been terminated & starts the installation automatically (instead of countdowning)
* Fixed: a rare bug causing access violation if the directory was created right after starting the utility
* Fixed: small (auto-)selection problems regarding templates
* Fixed: quicker window repositioning (@formcreate instead of activate)
* Fixed: window hangs if Total Commander is minimized at the creation of the actual window (reported by Myone)
* Fixed: the utility's main window's height is incorrect on OS before Vista (4px less than on Vista/Win7)
* Fixed: blinking directory preview on XP (now it's doublebuffered)
* Fixed: if "Replace the invalid character with" option is checked, show the preview with the replacement characters (suggested by [Yustas.NeO])
* Fixed: automatically change the name of the future folder when replacement changes in the configuration (reported by [Yustas.NeO])
* Fixed: lots of other bugs...

Notice:
You can set replacement characters for every single invalid character by manually modifying the configuration ("tc extDir.ini") file. Just set the following section, and it will override your current replacement character settings (by default: _ ).

Example:

[ReplaceChars]
"=-
?=#
<=_
>=anything
{u}={user}
{wamp}={wact}

... and so on. :D
(you can replace words / variables with this method too - there are endless possibilities...)
[/face]
Last edited by Bluestar on 2011-11-09, 00:21 UTC, edited 9 times in total.
hoppfrosch

Post by *hoppfrosch »

Latest version (extDir 1.5) is detected as Trojan here with McAfee 8.8.0.777 - so I', not able to use it in my current setup.

Where can I find previous version?
EricB

Post by *EricB »

Hi Bluestar,

I've installed the 1.5 version and its dialog looks all funny with truncated buttons etc. It is probably because I'm running Windows 7 (x64) with Aero theme enabled. See attached screenshot.

Regards, EricB

http://db.tt/hSepEDs1
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

hoppfrosch wrote:Latest version (extDir 1.5) is detected as Trojan here with McAfee 8.8.0.777 - so I', not able to use it in my current setup.

Where can I find previous version?
You can download the previous version from this link (1.4; 10-10-2011), however McAfee shows a false positive alarm, the new version passes all the other (more than 40) antivirus tests (click here for the report).

@EricB:

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue, i will check what could cause it.
However Aero theme shouldn't be the problem, its enabled on my notebook too, and can't reproduce the bug simply with this (however i use x86).

Is every window affected, or just the utility's main window? Does it matter that which mode (Normal / Extended / Batch) are you in?
Hmm, if i see it right, you're using a larger font size than the Windows default, aren't you? In case yes, that may be the problem - i will check it.
Last edited by Bluestar on 2011-11-04, 12:49 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
EricB

Post by *EricB »

Hi Bluestar,

I've checked, but I see the same also for Extended/Batch mode. The only window that looks right is the Options -> Configuration Window.
My Windows Font size is set to Smaller (100%) instead of the Default (125%).

Regards, EricB

Edit: a quick test using the Medium (125%, default) font size only makes things worse; the lower buttons now only show their upper half, buttons OK and Cancel are still truncated and the icons partly overlap the directory entry field.
..and using this setting is a clear reminder why I actually use the 100% setting... all characters in Windows now look like one of those pre-school children's books :?
hoppfrosch

Post by *hoppfrosch »

Bluestar wrote:
hoppfrosch wrote: You can download the previous version from this link (1.4; 10-10-2011), however McAfee shows a false positive alarm, the new version passes all the other (more than 40) antivirus tests.
But as it's detected as trojan by McAffee, I can't use it on my machine ...
thanks for the link!
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

[face=tahoma]Total Commander extDir v1.5a

:arrow: Download | 05-11-2011 | MD5: a51805ad0bb7cedd0328760f0c2b54eb

Note: McAfee is the only one which shows it as a false positive, the utility passes all the other (more than 40) antivirus tests (click here for the report).

Changelog:

* New: Spanish language support (translated by Lopeshare - thanks!)
* Fixed: < 7.50 compatibility 01: sometimes the utility wasn't able to correctly recognize if TC is inside a compressed file / on FTP
* Fixed: < 7.50 compatibility 02: incorrect path return value if there are any opened tabs in Total Commander
* Fixed: changed some components to Default charset instead of EASTEUROPE_CHARSET
* Fixed: incorrect component & window positioning if the current Windows font size is different than the original system font size
* Fixed: copyright notice was too long in the Dutch language file
* Fixed: some other small GUI fixes...
[/face]

_________

@EricB: Could you please try that your font & control-positioning problems exists using this new version or not? It should be fixed now (tested with 100% and 125% font size).

@hoppfrosch: I've submitted the exe file to McAfee's lab describing its false positive and what could cause the false detection, hopefully they take the needed steps soon - i'm afraid that's all i can do... would you be so kind to submit the file too? Maybe fixing the false detection would be quicker if they would get the same file more times...
Last edited by Bluestar on 2011-11-06, 01:54 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Bluestar

I am in the process of translating extDir to Danish.

I always check my translations to see if the strings fits the UI, but I cannot get the installer to work, in order to check the translated installer strings.

The installer continues to claim that my wincmd.ini is Unicode which it is NOT. I have even tried with a complete clean wincmd.ini but still get the message that it is Unicode.

You should mention in the whatsnew.txt that CurrentLng=Language\lngname.ini has to be placed in a section called [Language] - it took some guesswork from my side to figure that out. I guess that the [Language] section is made if the installer works, but since it didn't for me, I didn't have it in my "tc extDir.ini"
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

@petermad: I just checked, and the problem is caused by a single incorrectly set "if" statement in the installer... :oops:

Workaround: Just set your Total Commander's main language to one which is included in the utility (Hungarian, Russian, Dutch or Spanish - English won't work!) for the time of translating the installer's GUI, and it won't complain - the bug will be fixed in the next version, which will also hopefully contain your translation - for which i say a huge thanks. =)

Edit: Anyway you're right, i should have mention that the user have to set the "CurrentLng" key under "Language" section of the ini - fixed in the new version's changelog & also edited the topic's first post with these informations. :)
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Bluestar

Thanks - at least that gave me an opportunity to see how much space there is for the strings in the installer - I understand that I cannot really see if it works, until the language is integrated in the exe file.

You can download the Danish translation at http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/lng_dan15a.zip

In the Installer dialog - there is the option "Install to Total Commander's main directory" - but it cannot be deselected. I install all my tools in subdirs to %COMMANDER_PAth%\Tools\ and would very much like the same option during installation. I am not asking for a workaround - I can easily move the files and adjust usercmd.ini accordingly - but I think it should be something you an choose during installation.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar