Total Commander extDir v1.6.0.5 - Extended directory creator

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

@LonerD:
Thank you for your translation, Ukrainian language will be available in the next public version. =)

@fenix_productions:
At the moment the only supported shortcuts are F5 and CTRL +R, and both are used to get/refresh the current TC directory...
However supporting more shortcuts is on the top of the TODO-list, so in v1.6 there will be much more of them. Stay tuned! :wink:
» Developer of Total Updater & extDir utility.
jo2h2

Post by *jo2h2 »

Hi !

I like your add-on but like the standard pre-selection for folder creation in TC as well javascript:emoticon(':)')

E.g. pressing (standard TC) F7 on a folder, I get the folder name as pre selection and when pressing (standard TC) F7 on a file, I get the filename without extension as pre selection - fine ...

In extDir, pressing (extDir) F7 on a file, I get "filename.ext >size" as pre selection - and when pressing (extDir) F7 on an unselected folder, I get nothing as pre selection. I have to mark that folder first, then I get "foldername >size" as pre selection.

So is there a way to have that standard pre-selection behavior from TC in extDir as well ? Without extension, without >size, and without need of folder marking ?

Thanks a lot ! :)
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

Hi jo2h2,

First of all i'm glad you like the utility.

The "pre-selection" (initial filename) should work just like in Total Commander: if you press F7 on a filename, the utility tries to get the Total Commader's currently selected directory / filename (without extension) [by getting the correct window handle & control handles]... so it must be a rare(?) bug (nobody has reported any problem regarding this before).

I have some questions:

- Which Total Commander version do you use?
- What is your currently selected Regional and Language settings?
- Operating system: x86 / x64?
- Total Commander: x86 / x64? (the utility is constantly tested on five PC, however all of them have x86 OS & TC...)
- Are there any special/uncommon settings in your wincmd.ini? (for example: special Total Commander layout, etc...)

If your answer for the last question is "yes", could you please name these sections/keys, or send your "wincmd.ini" file to me (with removing the possibly sensible parts, for example: "Command line history" section, "MkDirHistory" section, "SearchIn" & "SearchText" sections)?
Last edited by Bluestar on 2011-11-15, 22:04 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
LonerD

Post by *LonerD »

I redirect section [MkDirHistory] into another file, but extDir still write history into wincmd.ini.
"I used to feel guilty in Cambridge that I spent all day playing games, while I was supposed to be doing mathematics. Then, when I discovered surreal numbers, I realized that playing games IS math." John Horton Conway
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

Are you using the RedirectSection key under [MkDirHistory] to redirect the items of the section?

For example:

[MkDirHistory]
RedirectSection=history.ini

should work.
LonerD

Post by *LonerD »

Bluestar
Yes, I'm sorry, extDir works fine.
Perhaps this is another tool created in my wincmd.ini duplicate sections MkDirHistory.
wvandenbrink

Re: Total Commander extDir - Extended directory creator (Add

Post by *wvandenbrink »

Could you tell me where i can find the language files, the zip-file = 0,5 Mb
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

The language files are incorporated in the exe file.

You can find an English language file here: http://bluesoft.hu/system/download/dl.php?id=2 in case you want to make you own translation.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

@LonerD:
Oh, i see... so duplicated section was the only problem.

@wvandenbrink:
Just as petermad says: every language file is built into the software, so you don't have to download them one-by-one.
(to change the current language, just click on the top blue arrow in the Installer - picture)
jo2h2

Post by *jo2h2 »

[quote="jo2h2"]Hi !

I like your add-on but like the standard pre-selection for folder creation in TC as well javascript:emoticon(':)')

E.g. pressing (standard TC) F7 on a folder, I get the folder name as pre selection and when pressing (standard TC) F7 on a file, I get the filename without extension as pre selection - fine ...

In extDir, pressing (extDir) F7 on a file, I get "filename.ext >size" as pre selection - and when pressing (extDir) F7 on an unselected folder, I get nothing as pre selection. I have to mark that folder first, then I get "foldername >size" as pre selection.

So is there a way to have that standard pre-selection behavior from TC in extDir as well ? Without extension, without >size, and without need of folder marking ?

Thanks a lot ! :)[/quote]

Thanks for you quick reply - did some tests and it works properly on a clean installation. So it seems to be related to my wincmd.ini.

So I just sent you a parallel eMail "Re: (from ghisler board) "no pre-selection for folder creation" with attached wincmd.ini

Thanks a lot !!
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

jo2h2, thanks for trying it out with a clean installation & also for sending your wincmd.ini file.

I found out that the problem is caused by a Total Commander feature called "Custom columns" (Configuration -> Options -> Custom columns).
If any has been set, the utility simply can't get the correct control handles, thats why it fails to catch the currently selected file / dirname too.

Workaround: unfortunately the only workaround at the moment is to remove all of the custom columns.

The bug will be fixed in v1.6.
jslegers

Post by *jslegers »

Hello,

I have tried this util and love it. I have one suggestion. Could you make an option for creating a new file. I know the Shift-F4 function but i'm looking for a tool that creates a blank file.
jo2h2

Post by *jo2h2 »

Bluestar wrote:jo2h2, thanks for trying it out with a clean installation & also for sending your wincmd.ini file.

I found out that the problem is caused by a Total Commander feature called "Custom columns" (Configuration -> Options -> Custom columns).
If any has been set, the utility simply can't get the correct control handles, thats why it fails to catch the currently selected file / dirname too.

Workaround: unfortunately the only workaround at the moment is to remove all of the custom columns.

The bug will be fixed in v1.6.
Hello Bluestar,

these are really great news - and thanks for this fast analysis and for finding the cause :D

So I will wait for your 1.6 version !!

Success and happy coding ;-)
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

@jslegers:
Generally the utility is made to give the user a lots of possibilites regarding directory creation, so creating files is a bit out of bounds...
However don't take that as a "no" - all i am trying to say is just the ability of creating files is not on the "todo-list" right now, as there are many other important (directory-related) things to implement & fix in the software...

@jo2h2:
Thanks. :D I'll keep everyone informed on the process of development.
jslegers

Post by *jslegers »

Thanks for the answer. No problem I have solved the create empty file problem.