Total Commander extDir v1.6.0.5 - Extended directory creator

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

@Murderhead:
Unfortunately there isn't (if you mean the function keys button bar on the bottom of TC - since it doesn't supports replacing those keys with user commands), instead you can place the icon of the application on the upper Button bar (or you can associate a hotkey to it, if you / the installer haven't already did).
» Developer of Total Updater & extDir utility.
tcvol

Post by *tcvol »

not sure if this has been posted yet but mcafee is reporting that it is a trojan horse ..
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

tcvol wrote:not sure if this has been posted yet but mcafee is reporting that it is a trojan horse ..
if you trust mcafee you shouldnt use tc at all :P
Hoecker sie sind raus!
tcvol

Post by *tcvol »

Sir_SiLvA wrote:
tcvol wrote:not sure if this has been posted yet but mcafee is reporting that it is a trojan horse ..
if you trust mcafee you shouldnt use tc at all :P
that's not the point.

i can't control the security software on the system .. currently this means i can't use tc extdir ;-( because it get's deleted and i get a warning from the administrator ..
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Please ask the administrator to send the file to McAfee for testing, it's most probably a false positive.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
LonerD

Post by *LonerD »

Don't work redirect section.
In wincmd.ini:
[MkDirHistory]
RedirectSection=%commander_path%\Myconf\My_History.ini

But extDir write section [MkDirHistory] and history in wincmd.ini
"I used to feel guilty in Cambridge that I spent all day playing games, while I was supposed to be doing mathematics. Then, when I discovered surreal numbers, I realized that playing games IS math." John Horton Conway
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

Yeah, i keep posting this information (that McAfee shows it as a false positive) on every release of the utility (e.g. there [latest release], and back in time there [1.5]) to avoid the misunderstandings, but unfortunately i can't do more than reporting this to McAfee as a false positive (which i already did a couple of times - still no response)...

I also did tests before, and tried to remove as much new functions & api calls from the 1.5 version as possible (which is the first one that McAfee detects as a "treat") without any luck... i just have no clue which lines are responsible for this false detection.

@LonerD:
Can't reproduce that one...
I just tried, and in case this option is set in the [MkDirHistory] section of "wincmd.ini" (which is in AppData for me), a new directory is created at "c:\totalcmd\Myconf", with a file inside called "My_History.ini", and it contains the names of the created directories - while the "wincmd.ini" file remains untouched by the utility.

Did this problem occur with the x32 or the x64 version of TC, and which version of TC do you have exactly?
Are you sure that there's only one "[MkDirHistory]" section in your wincmd.ini file? Another entry could cause symptoms like this.

(tested under TC8.01RC1x32, Win7SP1x32)
LonerD

Post by *LonerD »

[q]Did this problem occur with the x32 or the x64 version of TC, and which version of TC do you have exactly?[/q]
Windows XP SP3 Rus х32
TC 8.00-8.01rc1 x32
extDir 1.6 RC3
Only one "[MkDirHistory]" section in your wincmd.ini file.
History of folder that created with TC command cm_MkDir saved in file Myconf\My_History.ini
But extDir create new [MkDirHistory] section in wincmd.ini and write its history there.
"I used to feel guilty in Cambridge that I spent all day playing games, while I was supposed to be doing mathematics. Then, when I discovered surreal numbers, I realized that playing games IS math." John Horton Conway
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

So basically you say extDir writes the MkDirHistory to two files at the same time (My_History.ini and wincmd.ini) for you, right? Thats really strange... :?
Still can't reproduce the issue - could you please send your wincmd.ini file (with removing the possibly sensible parts, if there's any) to me?

By the way, any special option in your extDir's configuration file?

Plus what happens if you click on the the Options / Configuration / Advanced tab in extDir, then check the "Give path manually" option, and paste "%commander_path%\Myconf\My_History.ini" there? Is this a possible workaround for the problem, or the behavior is the same this way too?
LonerD

Post by *LonerD »

Bluestar
extDir write only to wincmd.ini.
But it must write to the file My_History.ini, because section [MkDirHistory] in wincmd.ini contains "RedirectSection=".
Give path manually
Thanks, it work :) :)
LonerD

Post by *LonerD »

"Enter directory after creation" is unchecked.
I create nested folders, for example, 1\2\3\4\5.
After creating I automaticaly enterin into folder 4.
Please, correct it (if it bug) or make option for entering or no entering when creating nested folders.
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

As of 1.6 RC3, you have the opportunity to set an extra line in the utility's config file ("tc extdir.ini") which is exactly what you need - you just need to add the second line from the code below:

Code: Select all

[Configuration]
DoNotEnterDeepest=True
Originally it's intended to be a feature, however maybe it's time for me to consider changing the default state of this option to "True" instead of the current "False", since you're not the only one who asked about it (here).

What do you guys think, would it be better if the default behavior of the utility would be not to enter to the deepest level of folders (excluding the last one) after create, or is it good as it is now with this extra option that anyone can set in the config file?
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stefan2 »

Bluestar wrote:As of 1.6 RC3, you have the opportunity to set an extra line in the utility's config file ("tc extdir.ini") which is exactly what you need - you just need to add the second line from the code below:

Code: Select all

[Configuration]
DoNotEnterDeepest=True
Originally it's intended to be a feature, however maybe it's time for me to consider changing the default state of this option to "True" instead of the current "False", since you're not the only one who asked about it (here).

What do you guys think, would it be better if the default behavior of the utility would be not to enter to the deepest level of folders (excluding the last one) after create, or is it good as it is now with this extra option that anyone can set in the config file?
At least it would be nifty to have "DoNotEnterDeepest="
always in the "tc extdir.ini" even with the default value
so users can easily find it if needed.

I even would add an comment line with an describing hint.

LonerD

Post by *LonerD »

Ukrainian Translation reworked and updated for extDir v1.6 RC3
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

Thanks for your translation updates LonerD, it's going to be included in the next version, just as Stefan2's suggestion (saving the DoNotEnterDeepest with "False" value to the ini on fresh install).

Btw sorry for this long time of "silent period" guys, I can assure you that the development is still going on actively, I just had less time for my hobbies than I previously thought - hence this delay of a new version...

Anyway some good news: believe it or not, McAfee finally doesn't detects extDir as a false positive threat - detection ratio is now 0 / 46 on virustotal. :!:
So thanks for everyone who submitted the file for them, it seems they managed to fix the problem after nearly 1 year of my initial report. :D