64-bit Plugins - Personal Snapshot of Unavailable Plugins

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

Here's my list, I subtracted the ones I know have been done

Code: Select all

::LISTER::
AppLoader	- Interesting Idea. Never got it working.
decThumbsDBViewer3
mmedia
Playlist

::PACKER::
MakeBat		- Don't use. Use TC's %L parameter and feed to AHK or Batch CMD directly.
Multiarc		- Never got it to work properly. Possibly path/unicode related. 
				* This functionality should of been added into TC-proper ages ago.

::CONTENT::
AnyTag		+ Use this, viewing Tags & Creating playlists with AHK.
Directory	+ Similiar to TC's tc.name; tc.path - but not quite.
FileMask	
Image_Info
ImgSize
NicePaths	Don't Use
RarInfo
regexp
rename		??? Crashes TC under Win7; Forget how to use. Readme in non-translateable Russian.
TWinKey
wdxTagLib

::FILE-SYSTEM::
ClipCont
DevMan
FSE
ntfsfs
PassStore	??? Not working TC 7.56 Win7 x64.
PluginManager
Registry
sftp4tc		??? Not working TC 7.56 Win7 x64
Uninstall

::UTILITIES::
TCMC.exe	- Can Likely use AHK for this, eventually.
				* Should be a native TC feature, input multiple commands in a button.
romulous

Post by *romulous »

romulous wrote: Hopefully when I get a chance to test Flint's compile, I will again be able to!
I have had a chance to test this out, and either something has gone wrong with the compile, or TC x64 works in a slightly different manner to 32bit TC. HTML files that work fine in TC+HTMLView (32bit), instantly crash TC when viewed with TC+HTMLView (64bit).
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

romulous
Could you give an example of such file? I didn't perform excessive testing, but on my machine all the files I tried opened without problems.

Which OS are you using?
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
romulous

Post by *romulous »

Sure. Win 7 64bit.

Download this:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ydgjxv

Extract the two files within to the same folder. Use Lister+HTMLView to open main4ad8.php, and then towards the top of the page, you will see various forum page numbers for that thread
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 256 | Next 10 events »
Click 256 (which refers to the other file, main5715.php). TC (x64) instantly crashes on my system, every time. TC (x32 - v7.56a) does not.

romulous
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

romulous
Thanks. I reproduced the issue but unfortunately I don't know how to fix it. :( The "Floating-point division by zero" exception happens somewhere inside the MSHTML control, not in the plugin itself. Maybe it has something to do with the 64-bit TC's ability (or inability) to suppress floating-point exceptions, the 32-bit version used to suffer from them very much… I'll try to consult with Christian.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The newer 64-bit betas should no longer be harmed by exceptions occurring in external dlls IF the dlls catch the exceptions. But if the dll doesn't catch it (e.g. with try...catch block), then TC can't catch it either if it occurs within code not directly called by TC.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hello, Balderstrom,

Coming back to the announcement,
[...] the existing 64-bit plugins of Double Commander.
Will check them out on the available 64-bit Windows systems as soon as I find the time and report back.
here is a first feedback based on a small number of tests:
  • The .DEB plugin looks promising. It displayed all .deb packages fine which I pointed it to. :)
  • I am not sure about the .CPIO and the .RPM plugins. The only .RPM package which I tested, gnome-commander-lang-1.2.8.10-5.1.noarch.rpm, was not analyzed correctly. The .RPM plugin opened the outer .rpm package and then displayed an inner .lzma package, which the .lzma plugin could not open.
  • T.C. 32-bit opens the outer .rpm package as well using the old 32-bit .rpm plugin. But it displays a .gz package inside. Yet, it fails to open it, too.
Guess some more .RPM packages will be needed for testing.
In particular it would be interesting to find out what the Ubuntu archiver thinks about the .RPM packages and about the inner packages. Ubuntu does not use .rpm packages, but it might be able to analyze them and display their contents correctly.

Cheers,
Karl
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Yesterday's tests continued ...

T.C. 8.05ß 64-bit using the Double Commander plugins for .deb., .rpm, .cpio, .lzma is more right about the content of the archive file gnome-commander-lang-1.2.8.10-5.1.noarch.rpm than T.C. 8.05ß 32-bit using the old 32-bit plugins:

Inside the archive gnome-commander-lang-1.2.8.10-5.1.noarch.rpm, there is an archive named gnome-commander-lang-1.2.8.10-5.1.noarch.cpio.lzma, type lzma. (not a .gz, as T.C. 8.0 32-bit reports)

Once you have extracted the inner archive gnome-commander-lang-1.2.8.10-5.1.noarch.cpio and feed this to T.C. 8.0ß5 32-bit, it can handle the archive without problem with the help of the old 32-bit cpio plugin.
So can T.C. 8.0ß5 64-bit using the 64-bit D.C. cpio plugin .

I.e. the thing which makes both fall on their noses, is the inner .lzma archive. My 32-bit T.C. has not even got a plugin which can handle .lzma. The 64-bit packer plugin collection of D.C. brings along a .lzma plugin, but it seems to misunderstand the archive gnome-commander-lang-1.2.8.10-5.1.noarch.cpio.lzma.

So in the end if there had not been the Ubuntu file-roller and the commandline unpacking utilities which it uses it would have been impossible to find out where the T.C. / D.C. plugins go wrong.

I have got no idea how many people may care about .lzma archive in real life.

Cheers,
Karl
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Sob wrote:CatalogMaker compiled and seems to do something (but I don't use this one, so I can't judge it properly).
Tab titles in configuration dialog are not displayed. This is the fix: wcx_catalogmaker_3.1.7.0.zip. As far as I figured out the compiler option /Zp1 (align structs to 1 Byte) does not work for x64. It always crashed with an access violation in TabCtrl_InsertItem(). If you set it to default it works again.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hello, Balderstrom.

About TCMC.exe 64-bit:

Not that I mind if the author provides a 64-bit port. Yet, in fact, TCMC.exe 32-bit can be used in order to send multiple commands to Total Commander 8.0b6 32-bit and 64-bit. (cf. here)

The only thing which I had to change for T.C. 8.0b6 on 64-bit Windows was the wait time between commands. On some machines the default of 50 ms between commands which worked fine for T.C. 7.56a turnt out to be too short for T.C. 8.0b6. Have not figured out the exact number, but setting the wait time to 250 ms fixed the issue.

The funny thing is that the 50 ms were to short for TCMC.exe and T.C. 8.0ß6 only on some 64-bit Windows machines. It still works fine on my Linux machines.

Cheers,
Karl
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

TCMC doesn't work for me at all under Win7. I get a dialog:
"Multiple commands sender for Total Commander has stopped working"

Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hello, Balderstrom.

This is weird, because it is my Windows 7 Enterprise SP1, 32-bit, where all Tcmc.exe commands that worked on T.C. 7.56a work fine on T.C. 8.0ß6 32-bit unmodified. :?

It was only on 64-bit Windows versions like Windows 2003 Std SP2 and Server 2008 R2 where the TCMC wait time had to be increased for T.C. 8.0ß6 (32/64-bit).

Yet, maybe we use slightly different versions of TCMC.exe. The original file, TCMC.exe 2.992 02.12.2006 11:56 -a--, is heavily packed by an exe-packer which none of my antivirus programmes really likes. So I use a partially unpacked TCMC.exe or less heavily packed TCMC.exe, TCMC.exe 10.898 25.01.2009 22:51 -a--, which is accepted by the antivirus programmes. Maybe this makes a difference.

I got the download file from the fenix_productions' site, cf. his post, please. It holds several unpacked versions of tcmc.exe. The only one which worked and never caused a false malware alarm was the 10k file.
(So my statement in that thread, it were from Sombra's archive, is incorrect.)

Kind regards,
Karl
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

@Karlchen,
I'm thinking my Win7-64bit must be missing something (DLLs perhaps), like how I had to install vbrun60 for various programs under Win2K.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

TCMC is a native C application (vbrun60 is Visual Basic stuff), it doesn't require any additional modules (except msvcrt.dll which is shipped with Windows). It works in my Win7x64.
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

Well I know it wouldn't necessarily be vbrun ;-)

So, since it was working for so many people I tried to figure out what was the issue. Apparently, TCMC.exe cannot be referenced from a junction in Win7.

Test #3 works. Tests #1 and #2 Fails.

TEST COMMAND #1: %TC%\TCTools\TCMC.exe 250 cd "C:\_TEMP"
EnvVar: TC -> %ProgramFiles(x86)%\TotalCMD
(x) Result: TCMC fails with error message.
NOTE: TCTools is a junction pointing directly to the folder on the data drive.

TEST COMMAND #2: %TCTools%\TCMC.exe 250 cd "C:\_TEMP"
EnvVar: TCTools -> Points to the folder on the DataDrive (through a folder/drive mountpoint).
(x) Result: TCMC fails with error message.
NOTE: Reference is through a junction/harddrive folder mount.

TEST COMMAND #3: %TC%\TCTools\TCMC.exe 250 cd "C:\_TEMP"
(x) Result: Works.
NOTE: TCTools is a normal folder, in this case.