UPDATE: lst2run v0.4 (beta)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

BTW: How do I specify % in the parameter field? I am trying to resize images using something like
-e "c:\Programy\XnView\nconvert.exe" -s "-resize 50% 50% \"#p\#f.#e\"" -l %L -p 0 -b
however, that gives me a "Parameter missing" error. :(

TIA
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Oh, silly me - needed to put %%... :) Problem solved!

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Does lst2run support any parallel processing? My PC has 8 cores and I wish it would use them.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

tbeu wrote:Does lst2run support any parallel processing? My PC has 8 cores and I wish it would use them.
Reading the doc on first post it seams that the processes are launched one after the other with a predefined wait time... to have parallel thread, you need another layer.
But even if you have 8 cores depending of what you do intermediate command can take advantage of all your cores (this is the case for most converters that are multi-core aware...)
An easy solution could be to build 8 lists you process in // with lstrun.. This can be done with TCBL or inside a dedicated batch file.
A better solution is to create 8 process queue and feed them from a monitoring thread. This technique is used in some video conversion tools.
-- edited RunOnAllCores script
Give a look to the following script ! RunOnAllCores