Internal Associations for Extracting Archives

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

robinsiebler

Post by *robinsiebler »

I am using version 8.01 as well. Try adding a Get Window Info right before step 40. Or double-click step 40, double-click 'Match Data', click on the magnifier icon and select the OK button.
Robin L. Siebler
Personal License #13949
------------------------------
"Bother", said Pooh, as he deleted Windows
Sparhawk110

Post by *Sparhawk110 »

Thanks for sticking with me. Got it. Got rid of everything, installed 32bit only and worked first shot. Im not entirely sure I understand what I was doing wrong, but dont care at this point. I love it, Single click unpacked, no confirms, perfect.

Sparhawk110 wrote:
robinsiebler wrote:For the title, make sure it matches the title of your Total Commander bar. For it failing to click the OK, button, I am not sure. That never fails for me. You could try adding a pause before the mouse click and see if that works.

Nope still no good, thinking through, im wondering about versions of total commander.

I'm trying with 8.01 both 32bit and 64bit, same errors with both.
Sparhawk110

Post by *Sparhawk110 »

robinsiebler wrote:I am using version 8.01 as well. Try adding a Get Window Info right before step 40. Or double-click step 40, double-click 'Match Data', click on the magnifier icon and select the OK button.
I want to understand this line of the Associations.ini Filter1=>Archives
Through trial and error the only way I could get the script to work was to modify the association directly through Total Commander. It left me with Filter1= *.zip as my first line. I could never get it working if i left it Filter1=>Archives

What am I not getting here? Is there another set of lines I need in wincmd.ini to define the archives?
robinsiebler

Post by *robinsiebler »

You can define a set of files by going to the Preferences|Color, and clicking Define colors by filetype. My definition for 'Archives' is:

*.ARC;*.ARJ;*.CAB;*.GZ;*.HA;*.JAR;*.LHA;*.LZH;*.SQX;*.TAR;*.TGZ;*.UC2;*.ZIP;*.RAR; *.PGZ
Robin L. Siebler
Personal License #13949
Sparhawk110

Post by *Sparhawk110 »

robinsiebler wrote:You can define a set of files by going to the Preferences|Color, and clicking Define colors by filetype. My definition for 'Archives' is:

*.ARC;*.ARJ;*.CAB;*.GZ;*.HA;*.JAR;*.LHA;*.LZH;*.SQX;*.TAR;*.TGZ;*.UC2;*.ZIP;*.RAR; *.PGZ

Got it, and its working. You are amazing, thank you so much. I deal with a lot of archived files both at work and home on a continuous basis. This will save me a great amount of time and clicking.

Now that I understand a bit better how it all works, I'd be interested in seeing what other scripts with vTask you have put together for Total Commander. I'm sure you didnt just stop with this one. Your associations file had a Filter2=>Dirs_only that looked interesting for an open folders script.
Sparhawk110

Post by *Sparhawk110 »

It was bothering me why I had trouble with it earlier for seemingly no reason. So I did some digging and Ive isolated a problem with your script and its repeatable. I use teamviewer for remote access. If the teamviewer program is running, the scripts will error out. Happens every time. As soon I close teamviewer, i can run the script and it works perfectly. I can only assume after reading a bit on vTask Studio, that the window selection being used in the script is not specific enough and its not able to find it when certain other programs are running. Id be interested if it would repeat on your end, but if you dont use teamviewer it probably wont. Teamviewer is a big part of my toolset so I will need to find a way around it. Maybe I can define exact window name instead of the variables you use.

Sparhawk110 wrote:
robinsiebler wrote:You can define a set of files by going to the Preferences|Color, and clicking Define colors by filetype. My definition for 'Archives' is:

Got it, and its working. You are amazing, thank you so much. I deal with a lot of archived files both at work and home on a continuous basis. This will save me a great amount of time and clicking.

Now that I understand a bit better how it all works, I'd be interested in seeing what other scripts with vTask you have put together for Total Commander. I'm sure you didnt just stop with this one. Your associations file had a Filter2=>Dirs_only that looked interesting for an open folders script.
robinsiebler

Post by *robinsiebler »

Sorry, I don't use TeamViewer. However, if you open the 'Use Window' command, you can change how vTask tries to match the window. You can get a window handle or several other things and that should solve your problem.

The only other script I wrote is a simple one to open a dir either in the current pane or the opposite one.
Robin L. Siebler
Personal License #13949