[WFX] Android ADB 7.3

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: sheep, Hacker, Stefan2, white

bbv62

Re: [WFX] Android ADB 7.3

Post by *bbv62 »

jakubklos wrote:
2018-08-31, 12:40 UTC
x32 will work as I tested it. I don't use Windows anymore only Linux. I don't use even TC64
Could you check x32?
I tried to install the plugin in a dozen Linux distributions, but failed everywhere. It makes no sense to describe the error in detail. But the description of the installation (with the substitution of the file) doesn't work for me. Clearly I'm doing something wrong, or something I'm not doing. I would like to ask You to write a detailed instruction on how to install the plugin in Double Commander.
Thanks.

[MTAG]

j2969719

Post by *j2969719 »

It seems that adb_rename.wfx (adbplugin-linux-x64.zip) has not been updated since v8.5.

Wojtek

Re: [WFX] Android ADB

Post by *Wojtek »

Hi,

I just can't get this plugin up and running.
It asks me for an IP:PORT and I don't know what to enter.
My mobile (Samsung Galaxy S8, Android 9, non-rooted) is connected via USB and I want to access the files (internal and memory card).

The plugin description says:
Requirements:
  • Enabled "Android debugging" on your device - Done!
  • Device connected to USB with proper drivers (an ADB device must be listed in Windows Devices) - how? I have installed the "Universal ADB Drivers" from adb.clockworkmod.com. Didn't work. Installed "Android USB Driver for Windows (Dec 23, 2019)" from developer.samsung.com
  • WiFi ADB (a rooted device with the "WiFi ADB" app downloaded from Google Play)
Is a rooted device really necessary? I have not and do not want to root my phone for this plugin only.

By the way, my phone is not listed under "other devices" in Device Manager, but under "Portable Devices" as "Galaxy S8" (MTP USB device) - it seems that Windows has connected my phone in MTP-mode instead of USB-mode.

Well, I'm a little frustrated...

Any help about what I can do now to make this plugin work appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hNDwczFh6BZTHpzLcr-USpnX9hqRBA_a
PC: Asus Maximus VIII Hero · Win7 Pro SP1 64-bit
Samsung EVO 250GB SSD · HyperX Fury 2x8GB · nVidia GeForce GTX 260 · Intel i5 6600K

lenovo ThinkPad X61 tablet · Win7 Pro N SP1 64-bit
OCZ 120GB SSD · 2x2GB GeIL RAM · onboard GPU · Intel Core2Duo L7500

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Rooting is not necessary but should provide more power.
As for me, plugin only sees my phone when it is connected and available in MTP mode (I need to connect my Samsung Galaxy A320F to PC and allow connection in phone confirmation dialog). Then I can see and open it from plugin folder. No manual connections or manual ADB magic required.

DarkKnight

Post by *DarkKnight »

Hi!
I use ADB 8.7 and the Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.41

Everything works fine as long as there is no space in the path of the files.

So if a directory is called "WhatsApp Database" I only see " Database" and nothing works ... any suggestions on how to fix that? Thanks!

Tichij

Post by *Tichij »

2DarkKnight,
Try recommendations from this:
https://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=353838#p353838
#49857 Personal licence
Windows 10 Pro 64bit. TC 9.22a 32 + 64bit