[WFX] Android ADB 8.8

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

jakubklos

Post by *jakubklos »

The_Steph wrote:jakublos,

Nice plugin.

Do you think it could be possible to have the same behaviour as TC for Android for your .apps folder. I mean having name and version instead of apk name?

Do you think it is also possible to keep original file date/time when copying from/to device?

The_Steph
The problem with this is that TC plugin inteface does not offer late name changing. The issue with ADB is that in order to extract the APK info you need to download the APK (app) file first, extract the info (icon and other metadata) and then you have what you need. This you need to do for each app. It is very time consuming.

With icons there is no problem because TC supports threaded icon loading. However with filenames we would need to know the APK name and version before returning the file list data. We do now have that luxury :(. So I am afraid this is impossible to do.

Would be nice though.

Anyway, you can press Alt+Enter on each apk file and it will tell you the APK metadata information.

Also, you can still use the file search feature so you will most likely find the app you are looking for.
jakubklos

Post by *jakubklos »

za222 wrote:Really like your plugin!

However there are a few things I still miss:
  • Custom column support, to be able to show user/group of files and directories
  • UID/GID/Stick-bit support: currently, only the regular file modes are supported.
    for example: /xbin/su shows as 755, but it actually is 6755 (-rwsr-sr-x)
  • Symlink support:
    • files: listing of /system/xbin shows all the symlinks to busybox as invalid directories
    • directories: while this works, it would be nice to see which "directories" are actually symlinks. some other icon on those dirs would be great.
  • Bug: Unable to abort file transfers:
    It seems impossible to abort ongoing file transfers. I've tried to download a large file and wanted to cancel the transfer, but the cancel button has no effect. Only way to stop it is to kill total commander.
  • Maybe: in-place commandline support like the sftpplug.
    This would be a nice feature, if commands entered in the tc commandline would be executed in the current directory. Output could then be shown in the ftp log window.
Would be cool to see some of these features implemented!
Very good. Thank you for your feedback. Finally, some work to do ;)!
Most of the things I will try to implement...

Could you please elaborate more on the last FR? If you mean display the FTP log section on the top then I am no big fan of that. It takes space. But you are right it would be nice to see the result of command. Not sure if it's clear but the command are already supported. Runs the command in the current directory. You can try that.

Let me know

Meanwhile:
- The file transfer abort has been implemented. Works like a charm.
- I have a problem with the symlinks. The thing is that ls command does not support indication whether the symlink is a file or directory. We could certainly ls each symlink target if it's a file or dir but that might be too time consuming as you agree. Maybe busybox ls supports some indication but we cannot use busybox because of the utf8 issue. Any ideas?
sidefx88

Post by *sidefx88 »

To jakubklos:

I asked you, a few posts ago, about the Screen Capture function of this plugin.

Yes, I've already set the Java Runtimes path. But I didn't know that I get the screenshot by copying the 0-byte (empty) PNG file from the remote 'screenshot' folder.

It works very fine! :)

Thanks for this awesome plugin, and for the constant develope, feedback and updates.

Cheers,
SFX
I Love Total Commander!
jakubklos

Post by *jakubklos »

sidefx88 wrote:To jakubklos:

I asked you, a few posts ago, about the Screen Capture function of this plugin.

Yes, I've already set the Java Runtimes path. But I didn't know that I get the screenshot by copying the 0-byte (empty) PNG file from the remote 'screenshot' folder.

It works very fine! :)

Thanks for this awesome plugin, and for the constant develope, feedback and updates.

Cheers,
SFX
I' glad you like it. Yes, it was confusing. That's why in v2.1 there is a better help descriptioon and also I was able to hide the 0 size where inappropriate. It is blank now. This should all help
jakubklos

Post by *jakubklos »

za222 wrote:Really like your plugin!

However there are a few things I still miss:
  • Custom column support, to be able to show user/group of files and directories
  • UID/GID/Stick-bit support: currently, only the regular file modes are supported.
    for example: /xbin/su shows as 755, but it actually is 6755 (-rwsr-sr-x)
  • Symlink support:
    • files: listing of /system/xbin shows all the symlinks to busybox as invalid directories
    • directories: while this works, it would be nice to see which "directories" are actually symlinks. some other icon on those dirs would be great.
  • Bug: Unable to abort file transfers:
    It seems impossible to abort ongoing file transfers. I've tried to download a large file and wanted to cancel the transfer, but the cancel button has no effect. Only way to stop it is to kill total commander.
  • Maybe: in-place commandline support like the sftpplug.
    This would be a nice feature, if commands entered in the tc commandline would be executed in the current directory. Output could then be shown in the ftp log window.
Would be cool to see some of these features implemented!
Ok, so far I have been able to do this:
- New: File transfer abort support added
- New: Symlink indicated by "SysFile" attribute - the only possible indication that TC handles (displayed as "!" icon overlay)
- New: File attributes - SUid/GUid/Sticky-Bit support added
- Update: Symlink - busybox ls uses the -p param to idenfity a dir or file, native ls assumes all symlinks are files except for root in such case it will directories (no other effective way to detect file or directory :( )
- Fix: /dev/ file listing fixed
So what remains is the custom columns. Still waiting for your answer though
jakubklos

New version

Post by *jakubklos »

- New: File transfer abort support added
- New: Symlink indicated by "SysFile" attribute - the only possible indication that TC handles (displayed as "!" icon overlay)
- New: File attributes - SUid/GUid/Sticky-Bit support added
- Update: Symlink - busybox ls uses the -p param to idenfity a dir or file, native ls assumes all symlinks are files except for root in such case it will directories (no other effective way to detect file or directory )
- Update: busybox vs. native ls format detection updated
- Fix: /dev/ file listing fixed
I especially like the file transfer abort feature. Also, the symlink indication is kind of cool. I would recommend to switch back to busybox ls because of the files/dir detection but that brings the utf8 problems. It is up to you.
za222

Post by *za222 »

Great work on v2.2!

Aborting works perfectly now, so do symlinks.
The busybox 1.20.1 on my phone seems to work perfectly fine with UTF-8, too. What version of busybox are you using?
jakubklos wrote: Could you please elaborate more on the last FR? If you mean display the FTP log section on the top then I am no big fan of that. It takes space. But you are right it would be nice to see the result of command. Not sure if it's clear but the command are already supported. Runs the command in the current directory. You can try that.
Oh, I didn't realize that executing commands already worked.
About the ftp log: Is it possible to hide that one by default, an only show it after the first command is being run?
Running stuff like "ps" really needs some sort of output window.
If hide-by-default - show-on-first-execute can't be done, maybe you can add an option to show or hide it.
jakubklos

Post by *jakubklos »

za222 wrote:Great work on v2.2!

The busybox 1.20.1 on my phone seems to work perfectly fine with UTF-8, too. What version of busybox are you using?
jakubklos wrote: Could you please elaborate more on the last FR? If you mean display the FTP log section on the top then I am no big fan of that. It takes space. But you are right it would be nice to see the result of command. Not sure if it's clear but the command are already supported. Runs the command in the current directory. You can try that.
About the ftp log: Is it possible to hide that one by default, an only show it after the first command is being run?
If hide-by-default - show-on-first-execute can't be done, maybe you can add an option to show or hide it.
I do not think it is possible to do it later. However, I could make it optional in the settings. That would work for anybody.

Btw. I have been on a vacation so could not release a new version but the custom columns and some extras have been already implemented and working, so expect a new version this week
jakubklos

Post by *jakubklos »

za222 wrote:Great work on v2.2!

Ok, I figured it all out:

- New: Total Commander FTP connection toolbar support added - for executed commands in command line and for new option "Debug logging to FTP connection toolbar"
Works like a breeze. The new version is really cool.
Check out all the new features:
- New: Rename your device via F2 (you can name your device to a friendly name, to clear the name back rename to "_")
- New: Custom column Info, displays app (apk) Name and Version if columns and APK info enabled
- New: Custom columns Owner and Group, new option to disable custom columns, file item cache
- New: .dmesg special folder added, delete file in .dmesg directory clears the log ("dmesg -c")
- New: Job Objects used for executed applications so when TotalCommander stops all its executed childs (adb, aapt and java) will be stopped too (helps with plugin updates and others)
- New: Total Commander FTP connection toolbar support added - for executed commands in command line and for new option "Debug logging to FTP connection toolbar"
- Update: APK file properties dialog (Alt+Enter) displays also app permissions
- Update: Delete file in .logcat directory calls "logcat -c" to clear the log
jakubklos

New version 2.5

Post by *jakubklos »

A new version with great new features has been released:
- New: Rename your device via F2 (you can name your device to a friendly name, to clear the name back rename to "_")
- New: Custom column Info, displays app (apk) Name and Version if columns and APK info enabled
- New: Custom columns Owner and Group, new option to disable custom columns, file item cache
- New: .dmesg special folder added, delete file in .dmesg directory clears the log ("dmesg -c")
- New: Job Objects used for executed applications so when TotalCommander stops all its executed childs (adb, aapt and java) will be stopped too (helps with plugin updates and others)
- Update: APK file properties dialog (Alt+Enter) displays also app permissions
- Update: Delete file in .logcat directory calls "logcat -c" to clear the log
domesorr

Samsung galaxy S3

Post by *domesorr »

Excuse me, I'm a newbie and do not know English well.
I'm trying to connect via usb cable Samsung Galaxy S3 with a Windows XP PC using this plugin for Total Commander. But I do not see any files.
There is someone who can guide me in this endeavor?
thanks.
Domesorr
jakubklos

Re: Samsung galaxy S3

Post by *jakubklos »

domesorr wrote:Excuse me, I'm a newbie and do not know English well.
I'm trying to connect via usb cable Samsung Galaxy S3 with a Windows XP PC using this plugin for Total Commander. But I do not see any files.
There is someone who can guide me in this endeavor?
thanks.
Domesorr
It depends how far you got.

1. Enable USB debugging on your S3
2. Download drivers from Samsung site for your S3
3. Make sure that Windows recognizes your device not only as a media (MTP) but also Android Debug Device or something similar

Now if you go to ADB plugin it should list your device.

Another way would be to use the WiFi ADB (TCP connection method). This does not require a USB cable and drivers but you must have your phone rooted. All you need to do is to start WiFi ADB (download from the market) and Connect to the IP with the Connect to device action.

Hope it helps
domesorr

Post by *domesorr »

I thought it was easier and faster with the USB cable
But now I try to do it.
thanks
domesorr

Post by *domesorr »

I'm seeing that there is a way to show the Galaxy S3 a mode other than mtp. Maybe the problem is this.
Then I do not have the smartphone rooted.
jakubklos

Post by *jakubklos »

domesorr wrote:I'm seeing that there is a way to show the Galaxy S3 a mode other than mtp. Maybe the problem is this.
Then I do not have the smartphone rooted.
Did you install the Samsung drivers then? Do you see the "SAMSUNG Mobile USB Composite Device" and the GT-I9300 in the devices list? That is your aim. Once you have it it must be working