[WFX] Android ADB 8.8

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Nigurrath

Post by *Nigurrath »

Hi,
it would be extremely interesting to be able to send SMSs through this plugin, if possibile. I know it's a function that's outside the original target, but despite it's very handy to send SMSs through TC ;-))
always latest 32b TC on a WIN10 64b
jakubklos

Post by *jakubklos »

yeskky wrote:I don't quite understand how to install apk thru this plugin.
Is it just copy PC local apk file to the plugin's ".apps" virtual folder or anything else?
Thanks in advance.
Yes exactly. You can do the following:

Delete -> Uninstall
Copy To -> Install
Copy From -> Backup
Nigurrath

Post by *Nigurrath »

Hi,
just about the install/uninstall feature for my case (I have Samsung W with Android 2.3.6) won't work, pressing enter just won't do nothing. All the other features are working fine instead..
jakubklos

Post by *jakubklos »

Nigurrath wrote:Hi,
just about the install/uninstall feature for my case (I have Samsung W with Android 2.3.6) won't work, pressing enter just won't do nothing. All the other features are working fine instead..
That's not how it should work. In order to install an app you need to copy the apk to the .apps folder. Is that what you are doing?
jakubklos

Post by *jakubklos »

Nigurrath wrote:Hi,
it would be extremely interesting to be able to send SMSs through this plugin, if possibile. I know it's a function that's outside the original target, but despite it's very handy to send SMSs through TC ;-))
I'm not sure. There are plenty of apps for SMS delivery. You can even use your browser to send messages through your phone and you will see all your contacts including their photos.

SMS goes hand in hand with the contacts in the phone. Without it it's really useless and I do not want to implement a contacts viewer and features like that.

This is supposed to be a strictly file system plugin :)
Nigurrath

Post by *Nigurrath »

2jakubklos
what I am not able to do is enter the .apps folder. I press enter and nothing happens, just like if I haven't done anything..
jakubklos

Post by *jakubklos »

Nigurrath wrote:2jakubklos
what I am not able to do is enter the .apps folder. I press enter and nothing happens, just like if I haven't done anything..
I see, you should turn on debugging loggin and send the logs to me.
Also, can you enter /data/app/ folder?

I will be on a vacation until Mon so I will not be responding to any posts...
Nigurrath

Post by *Nigurrath »

yep, indeed I can't enter the /data/app/ folder as well.

This makes sense, how can I unlock this folder? Mine is a non rooted phone.
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

I can enter into both folders (".apps" & "/data/app/"), but its a rooted phone - maybe that's what needed to access these folders?
» Developer of Total Updater & extDir utility.
jakubklos

Post by *jakubklos »

Bluestar wrote:I can enter into both folders (".apps" & "/data/app/"), but its a rooted phone - maybe that's what needed to access these folders?
Of course, I sort took it for granted that you need root to browse those folders. Sorry :(. You need to root your phone to get extra features.
Max Vardon

Post by *Max Vardon »

Have TC7.57a on Win7/64. Installed ADB°1·9 but when I connect my Galaxy S phone (USB) the FTP connection asks for an IP:Port input; only I have no idea what those should be! Can you help please?
Kind Regards,
Max Vardon
Northman

Post by *Northman »

Max Vardon wrote:Have TC7.57a on Win7/64. Installed ADB°1·9 but when I connect my Galaxy S phone (USB) the FTP connection asks for an IP:Port input; only I have no idea what those should be! Can you help please?
I have had the same problem with mein HTC Desire HD until I installed the HTC device driver.
Open the Device Manager (Start -> Run -> devmgmt.msc) and check if there is a category "Android USB Device" (or something similar). When you see an Android device with with a yellow sign, then you must install the driver.
Bye, Northman
Max Vardon

Post by *Max Vardon »

superceded
Last edited by Max Vardon on 2012-07-28, 13:39 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Kind Regards,
Max Vardon
Max Vardon

Post by *Max Vardon »

Thank you for your reply, Northman. I checked the Device Manager and the GT-i9000 was listed under 'Portable Devices' but with an already functional (installed) Device Driver....
Northman wrote:I have had the same problem with mein HTC Desire HD until I installed the HTC device driver.
Open the Device Manager (Start -> Run -> devmgmt.msc) and check if there is a category "Android USB Device" (or something similar). When you see an Android device with with a yellow sign, then you must install the driver.
Max Vardon wrote:Have TC7.57a on Win7/64. Installed ADB°1·9 but when I connect my Galaxy S phone (USB) the FTP connection asks for an IP:Port input; only I have no idea what those should be! Can you help please?
Kind Regards,
Max Vardon
Northman

Post by *Northman »

Max Vardon wrote:Thank you for your reply, Northman. I checked the Device Manager and the GT-i9000 was listed under 'Portable Devices' but with an already functional (installed) Device Driver....
"Portable Devices" are only removable drives. This does not mean that Windows recognize your phone as an Android Device. You still need to install the needed driver. Search here http://www.samsung.com/us/support/
Bye, Northman