[WFX] Android ADB 8.8

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

chaseju0

Post by *chaseju0 »

it does not connect for me. USB is good (Media Player sees it), MyPhoneExplorer connects and transfers files. ADB does not list the phone...
What else can I test?
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

Please make sure that the correct phone device driver(s) are installed on your system (you can see the device through usb without them, that doesn't means its installed).

For example if you have a SonyEricsson phone, you need to get Sony PC Companion, which will automatically install the needed drivers along the software.
» Developer of Total Updater & extDir utility.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

ADB has nothing to do with Windows Media Player. WMP uses a different access method, which you can also use with my MediaAudio2 plugin:
http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=32928

However, the MediaAudio implementation on some Android phones is very poor (especially Samsung), so it's better if you get the ADB plugin to work.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
domesorr

Post by *domesorr »

After several tests I found that in Total Commander icon appears and dubug ADB report:
08/20/2012 10:45:30 [0D40] Connected
08/20/2012 10:45:30 [0D40] ADB Write: Host: devices
08/20/2012 10:45:30 [0D40] ADB Read:
But do not see any files.
I think it is not important, but I'm using the Chrome browser and operating system windows xp.
I thank in advance those who will give advice.
jakubklos

Post by *jakubklos »

domesorr wrote:After several tests I found that in Total Commander icon appears and dubug ADB report:
08/20/2012 10:45:30 [0D40] Connected
08/20/2012 10:45:30 [0D40] ADB Write: Host: devices
08/20/2012 10:45:30 [0D40] ADB Read:
But do not see any files.
I think it is not important, but I'm using the Chrome browser and operating system windows xp.
I thank in advance those who will give advice.
Yes, this means the driver is not installed or Debugging is not enabled.
Enable Android Debugging on your device and connect to USB. THen check there is an ADB or Android Debug Bridge device in the Devices list on Windows
domesorr

Post by *domesorr »

I believe that the USB connection works, because Kies shows me the files in windows.
Then I do not know abilitrare Android debugging. Do not just have it enabled in the plugin where I read that is connected?
Excuse my ignorance and thanks again. Among other things I can respond more quickly because I do not know English well translate it with google.
jakubklos

Post by *jakubklos »

domesorr wrote:I believe that the USB connection works, because Kies shows me the files in windows.
Then I do not know abilitrare Android debugging. Do not just have it enabled in the plugin where I read that is connected?
Excuse my ignorance and thanks again. Among other things I can respond more quickly because I do not know English well translate it with google.
Kies might be using a different service (ASUS Sync) which will not be running over ADB so I insist on checking an ADB device in the Windows Devices list :).

As for Android Debugging - that needs to be enabled on the device Settings - Development - Android Debugging.
domesorr

Post by *domesorr »

Ho approfondito quello che hai detto. Ho verificato che sul mio Galaxy S3 é attivo il collegamento usb, che, però, prevede solo collegamenti per file mtp (attivo) e file ptp (disattivo).
domesorr

Post by *domesorr »

In my haste I had translated. I thoroughly what you said. I checked on my Galaxy S3 is active USB connection, which, however, provides only links to files mtp (active) and ptp file (off).
jakubklos

Post by *jakubklos »

domesorr wrote:In my haste I had translated. I thoroughly what you said. I checked on my Galaxy S3 is active USB connection, which, however, provides only links to files mtp (active) and ptp file (off).
Not sure if I understand correctly but I think you are missing drivers.
This is a good package which will work for you:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1426502
ADv

Post by *ADv »

Hi! What port shoud I use to make plugin work?
domesorr

Post by *domesorr »

Hi ADv.
Sorry, but I do not know
jakubklos

Post by *jakubklos »

ADv wrote:Hi! What port shoud I use to make plugin work?
Since there are many questions on this subject I will update the general description of the plugin how to get it working.

Currently in short words:

1. You must have a rooted phone
2. You must download WiFi ADB app from the market
3. You start the WiFi ADB app and turn it on
That will display the IP and port
domesorr

Post by *domesorr »

After I downloaded the recommended driver to have it installed with the right mouse button and then installed, after uninstalling the drivers Samsug I saw in my computer.
But it has not changed anything. Connecting the Galaxy S3 is restored to me that it seemed the same. Maybe I can not install the new driver?
jakubklos

Post by *jakubklos »

domesorr wrote:After I downloaded the recommended driver to have it installed with the right mouse button and then installed, after uninstalling the drivers Samsug I saw in my computer.
But it has not changed anything. Connecting the Galaxy S3 is restored to me that it seemed the same. Maybe I can not install the new driver?
Not sure, you really need to google it. Find some tutorial or similar.
Or try the WiFi ADB if you are rooted